Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at American Water
- Accounting Specialist (2)
- Administrative Assistant (2)
- Accountant (1)
- Paralegal (1)
- Intermediate Financial Analyst (1)
- Intern (1)
- IT Project Manager (1)
- Eng Tech (1)
- Engineer (1)
- Project Engineer (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Senior Java Developer (1)
- Financial Analyst II (1)
- Customer Service (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Project Analyst (1)
- Category Management Analyst (1)
- Technical Writer (1)
- Customer Service Representative (1)
- Administrative Position (1)
- Statistical (1)
- Operations Tech GPS/Asset Control (1)
Helpful (3)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days – interviewed at American Water (Voorhees, NJ) in January 2014.
Was referred to the project manager support position through a recruiting company. The mgr was placed at the company and they referred me as a qualified candidate. I had a 30 -40 minute phone interview. The feedback I received was that I interviewed well but they were looking for someone with more SDLC experience. But this was not a (required) skill listed in the job description.
- Questions asked were behavioral and project related; how do you control risks on a project; what were project documentations used in past projects; what is there that you would like to tell me about yourself that I do not know already regarding the position; Answer Question
I applied online – interviewed at American Water (Voorhees, NJ).
Was called by two in house recruiters and was told I would be contacted for an in person interview. I was never contacted. I called 4 or 5 times during a three month period to follow up and inquire as to what happened and never received a call back. Very disappointed after having spent at least an hour on the phone with the recruiter.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at American Water (Voorhees, NJ) in May 2011.
I met with the hiring manager and a project manager, they asked about my experience, how I deal with challenging situations, described the tasks and work environment.
I got a very positive impression of the people, the office and corporate culture. The people who interviewed me seemed busy, but relaxed and happy.
- how do you deal with SMEs who don't want or are too busy to give you the needed information Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at American Water (Voorhees, NJ) in August 2010.
I had an employee referral, but had to apply online in order to get an interview. The phone interview was pretty standard. Questions asked to describe project management processes and how you apply them to projects. The face to face interview was a 2 person panel. Mostly behavioral questions like; how did you correct a project that was behind schedule?
- Has a project that you managed ever been cancelled? If so, explain why. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review