American Water

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Analyst Interview

Voorhees, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Water in January 2014.

Interview Details – Was referred to the project manager support position through a recruiting company. The mgr was placed at the company and they referred me as a qualified candidate. I had a 30 -40 minute phone interview. The feedback I received was that I interviewed well but they were looking for someone with more SDLC experience. But this was not a (required) skill listed in the job description.

Interview Question – Questions asked were behavioral and project related; how do you control risks on a project; what were project documentations used in past projects; what is there that you would like to tell me about yourself that I do not know already regarding the position;   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Voorhees, NJ

I applied online and interviewed at American Water.

Interview Details – Was called by two in house recruiters and was told I would be contacted for an in person interview. I was never contacted. I called 4 or 5 times during a three month period to follow up and inquire as to what happened and never received a call back. Very disappointed after having spent at least an hour on the phone with the recruiter.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Voorhees, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Water in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had an employee referral, but had to apply online in order to get an interview. The phone interview was pretty standard. Questions asked to describe project management processes and how you apply them to projects. The face to face interview was a 2 person panel. Mostly behavioral questions like; how did you correct a project that was behind schedule?

Interview Question – Has a project that you managed ever been cancelled? If so, explain why.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Voorhees, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Water in May 2011.

Interview Details – I met with the hiring manager and a project manager, they asked about my experience, how I deal with challenging situations, described the tasks and work environment.
I got a very positive impression of the people, the office and corporate culture. The people who interviewed me seemed busy, but relaxed and happy.

Interview Question – how do you deal with SMEs who don't want or are too busy to give you the needed information   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for American Water? Contribute to the Community!

American Water Videos

American Water – Why Work for Us?

About Us In a world where everything we touch frequently changes, water is our constant. We’ve never stopped needing it to drink, to cook, to clean, to live. We’ll always need it for sanitation, for fire protection, for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Water interview questions and advice in Voorhees, NJ. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Water employees and interview candidates.