American Well

American Well Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2014
Updated Oct 30, 2014

Executive Assistant Interview

Applied after finding a posting online. After a brief phone screen with the HR recruiter , I was asked to come in for an in person interview. The interview lasted about 35 minutes where I met the HR recruiter again for about 5 minutes and an Executive Assistant. They didn't follow up after the interview as they said they would, and did not respond to my thank you email.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask any questions about my experience and the Executive Assistant who interviewed me used the time to complain about her boss than describe the position to me.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Well.

I was brought in to the office for an in-person interview. I met with a junior person for 15 minutes. Then the head of marketing spoke to me for less than five minutes. There was no follow up on their end at all.

It was as if they already hired someone and just wanted people to come in (waste my time) to fill some quota.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Well in October 2013.

Talked briefly with CIO on the phone, interviewed in person, then no response. No thank you, no follow-up, just nothing. Ask yourself: if an employer treats its candidates like this, just imagine how they'll treat you when you work there. I was told the the first few months would be "very difficult" (meaning: lots of weird hours, zero direction, and the blame game when things go awry). I was also told there is no training money budgeted for IT staff, so you either know it, you learn it, or you'll be fired. My guess is that they're a typical start-up looking to expand and anyone they hire for this position is expendable. Beware.

Interview Questions
    • "What you can you do for us right away when you walk in the door?"   View Answer

Vice President, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Well in November 2009.

Internal recruiting followed by team interviews. Personality and cultural fit are just as critical, if not more so, than skills and education. American Well typically moves quickly through the interview process to identify and hire the right person.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you the best person for this job?   View Answer