American Well

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Well.

Interview Details – I was brought in to the office for an in-person interview. I met with a junior person for 15 minutes. Then the head of marketing spoke to me for less than five minutes. There was no follow up on their end at all.

It was as if they already hired someone and just wanted people to come in (waste my time) to fill some quota.

Interview Question – They did not even take the time to ask or listen.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Well in October 2013.

Interview Details – Talked briefly with CIO on the phone, interviewed in person, then no response. No thank you, no follow-up, just nothing. Ask yourself: if an employer treats its candidates like this, just imagine how they'll treat you when you work there. I was told the the first few months would be "very difficult" (meaning: lots of weird hours, zero direction, and the blame game when things go awry). I was also told there is no training money budgeted for IT staff, so you either know it, you learn it, or you'll be fired. My guess is that they're a typical start-up looking to expand and anyone they hire for this position is expendable. Beware.

Interview Question – "What you can you do for us right away when you walk in the door?"   View Answer

Vice President, Marketing Interview

Vice President, Marketing
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Well in November 2009.

Interview Details – Internal recruiting followed by team interviews. Personality and cultural fit are just as critical, if not more so, than skills and education. American Well typically moves quickly through the interview process to identify and hire the right person.

Interview Question – Why are you the best person for this job?   View Answer

Worked for American Well? Contribute to the Community!