American Woodmark Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.7

Manufacturing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Woodmark (Winchester, VA).

Interview

The interview had multiple rounds. Each round contained the same basic behavioral questions. American Woodmark has a lot of great people working there so it looks to recruit individuals that fit their culture. They puts a high level of importance on your character. Sell your volunteering experience and read their website and learn all about their culture and you have a pretty good shot at a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time in which you had to work in a team and had disagreements. How did you resolve the issues?   Answer Question

COD Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at American Woodmark in September 2014.

Interview

The interview mostly went over my resume. I was asked questions about my experience and activities. Other questions were about what I wanted from the program and where I saw myself working.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a company? Where do you see yourself working in this company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Woodmark in October 2013.

Interview

I had a first round interview on my school's campus and then was emailed (i think- might have been called) for a second round interview where they paid for me to drive to Cumberland MD, and stay in a hotel the night before. The interview was a tour of the facility, interview with management and then question and answers with someone who had just been through the training process.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Woodmark (Winchester, VA).

Interview

They started by giving me a detailed tour of the building, introducing me to people along the way. I took a sort of IQ test on a computer. I then met with three separate managers for one hour each, they all asked me pretty much the same questions (got pretty tedious!) and talked a lot about the process of cabinet making. They paid for my lunch and travel (ended up being quite a lot since I live kind of far away) and got back to me quickly. They gave me my offer over the phone, very nice, and unexpected touch.

Interview Questions

• Very run of the mill questions, "Tell me about yourself", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", etc..   Answer Question

I had already accepted an offer at a place that was closer to home.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Woodmark (Cumberland, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Was initially contacted by an HR rep, talked for about twenty minutes about my previous experiences. Was asked to come in for an interview on site. Was interviewed by same HR rep and plant engineer. Given plant tour. Said there would be a second round of interviews but never got contacted for second round.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you will build relationships with employees who have been here the longest   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Woodmark.

Interview

Detailed, lengthy interview process. Meeting with multiple representatives within company. Interview includes personality assessment and Wonderlic testing. Recruiting face of company is positive and company appears to know what they are looking for in applicants.

Interview Questions

• Relatively informal without difficult questions, company seems to focus first on assessment results from tests.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straightforward, with detailed offer letter.

Campus Brand Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Woodmark (Blacksburg, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

I attended a campus recruitment. They gave me an interview the next day. Interview was easy, just wanted to know about me.

Interview Questions

• What are some ideas I had that would help spread the brand around campus   1 Answer

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humboldt, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Woodmark (Humboldt, TN).

Interview

I had four separate interviews and that included the Plant leadership team as well as others from Corporate. The company did not pay for my travel going to the interview. After completing all interviews, it took them 3 months to select a candidate. Once selected, the company sends you to Winchester, VA for a week for orientation. After orientation, the company makes you complete an on-boarding process in which you have to pay for initially before getting reimbursed. The amount is around $500+ so make sure you are not broke before you get hired.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions coming from the corporate team are strange but if you have experience, you can get through them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not give a lot of room to negotiate. With all the different systems the company requires you to know, one would think that they'd offer about 15% -20% more.

COD Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moorefield, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at American Woodmark (Moorefield, WV) in October 2012.

Interview

First communication was when I stopped by their booth at a career fair and they set me up for a next-day interview. The first interview was pretty relaxed. Questions were very conversational and I don't remember there being any behavioral questions. It was me and two other interviewers: one a little older and one recently graduated from college. Two days later, I was invited for an on-site interview which would take place about 6 weeks later. The on-site interview was in a small town in WV, and I had to make a 6 hour drive there because there was no airport nearby. The interview itself lasted about 45 minutes, then there was a tour of the plant, and then a Q&A session with a former COD program participant. The interview was incredibly simple and no questions that would reflect any sort of talent or work ethic were asked. I was very disappointed that I spent 12 hours total travelling for about 2 hours spent at the plant. It was a huge waste of my time and I was unimpressed by the experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What are the most important qualities/factors when searching for a company to work for   1 Answer
    • What do you expect to get paid   Answer Question

I was unimpressed by the company and the opportunities for new graduates. I had other, much better offers on the table.

Cod Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, MD

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at American Woodmark (Cumberland, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

I got an on campus interview from a career fair. It was with a plant manager and current cod. It was very easy, pretty much just went over my résumé. I was invited to an onsite interview in Cumberland md. We flew into dc and had to drive 2.5 hours to get to the hotel. The interview consisted of a plant tour, two on one interview and a q&a with hr and former cod. The two on one was relaxed with no unexpected questions. I didn't get much of a chance to ask questions in the q&a because they talked most of the time. I was looking for a job in a larger city with a higher salary.

Interview Questions

• What's the different between lean and six sigma? What is most important to you in your future career? What is your expected salary?   Answer Question