Americas Best Value Inn

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Front Desk Representative Interview

Dothan, AL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Americas Best Value Inn.

Interview Details – Filling out papper application,resume, interview at that time with owner edward stutts now manager through innis free management only.

Reason for Declining – Declined hotel management as the hotel was not updated till innisfree management came in years later.

Front Desk Manager Interview

Front Desk Manager
Boulder, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Americas Best Value Inn in June 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Fill out a paper application
2. Turn it into the Manager
3. Get call back for an interview
4. Interview: Simple questions relating to hotel experience. The most important part is proving that you are a good fit for the hotel. If you and the manager get along then you will get the job.

Interview Question – What do you do when a drunk unruely guest comes into the office and will not leave?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it

Very Easy Interview

Regional Sales Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Americas Best Value Inn in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was initially straightforward and personal with a reputable hiring manager. As part of the process, I then sat in on a CEO-led conference call for potential clients to get a better idea of the value proposition, which was a great idea. The only concern that I had was that we never directly discussed the compensation package, despite multiple phone conversations, which troubled me. Also, this is apparently an organization that values your personal follow-up in the interview process as a way to measure intent/responsibility in an old school sales fashion. Sent emails were not returned, but the manager was always available by phone. I decided that I'd be happier in a different environment and moved on.

Interview Question – Please tell me about past experience working with hotel owners.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Americas Best Value Inn? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Americas Best Value Inn interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Americas Best Value Inn employees and interview candidates.