Americold Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2015

2.2

B2B Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Americold Logistics (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

One of the recruiters from a staffing agency contacted me and asked if I had time for a short phone interview. The over the phone interview was quite comfortable. I expressed my needs and wants as it relates to the job I was seeking. The recruiter gave an honest portrayal of the job and the company. I aced the 2nd interview and within 2 weeks I was a direct hire.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate.

LTO Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Americold Logistics.

Interview

Such a high turn over rate, group interviews are conducted. Hired immediately pending physical, drug test and background check. Just show up and don't lie on application and you will be hired.

Negotiation

n/a. Hired on at Union rate with quarterly raises 1st year, yearly thereafter.

VAR Warehouse Selector 3PL Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Americold Logistics in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed back in May 2014 when I was still residing in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Got call back for second interview in July 2014. Signed employment documents without any clarification on job specs, pay, training, hours, etc. Launched into training phase without much feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why is the turnover/retention rate so high and why doesn't Americold resolve this issue?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I applied for Warehouse Supervisor position but was offered a Warehouse Selector position instead. I wished Americold could've catered to my requests with higher pay and higher position a bit more since I recently left a warehouse management position and had 14+ years of warehouse distribution under my belt. Took the position because it was the first offer since relocating to GA with my family.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Americold Logistics (West Sacramento, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

There was no interview, I emailed my resume witch only included 5 months prior warehouse work and got called in to fill out the paperwork for the job and was told I started in a week.

Negotiation

none. pay was okay

LTO Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gouldsboro, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Americold Logistics (Gouldsboro, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

3 Interviews, Initial Application, drug testing at a facility in dunmore, pa.

Interview Questions

• General questions about work history.   1 Answer

FSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Americold Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in December 2011.

Interview

It is a long process. Started with several questions by a recruiter. Next was a telephone interview which was several more questions. Then a face to face with my current supervisor. More questions and a facility tour. Then had a face to face with a VP at corporate. Drug test / Back ground check, wait a couple more weeks then finally start.

Interview Questions

• Can't really think of any. All questions pertained to the position, none were very difficult, they are just looking for a general overview of your back ground and how you would fit in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not one. Had to take the job for less than it was advertised for. Basically it was take it or leave it.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Americold Logistics (Cedar Rapids, IA) in September 2011.

Interview

I was hired as an LTO, within 3 months I was promoted to Operations Supervisor, wasn't much of a interview process as they alredy interviewed me before the posting went up for the position. Our hiring process is generic as it contains a predetermined set of quetions we ask each person. Also contains a math test. You are then sent for a background and drug test, if you pass your hired within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I see that you are going to college, how do you plan on scheduling this around your work hours ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very one - sided, I have 14 years experience in this field and pursued other compensation ideas to make up for lack of pay and was told it was not fair to the other operation Supervisors.

Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Americold Logistics (Sioux Falls, SD) in July 2011.

Interview

I sat down with OPs Mgr in the break room for about half an hour and reviewed my application together. he described the job duties and responsibilities fairly well.
    he thought I had more than enough experience for the job and said I would make good money quickly.
     since wage would go up #x. within the first year . X second year

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Americold Logistics (Ontario, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

hired on the spot they do a drug test and background check. the hr dept was great and they always were there to help from the beginng to the end.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Americold Logistics (York, PA) in May 2010.

Interview

It was a pannel interview with the senior leadership team in a conference room.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none.