Amerigroup

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Virginia Beach, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amerigroup in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online through searching on their home page. Interns are not able to designate what departments they are interested in, but recruiters and Leadership Development Program Associates sort them based on the interviews and resumes for potential positions. Received a phone call from an interviewer who left a voicemail on my phone. I returned her call within 24 hours. I missed her on my return call, but when she called back, she asked if I was available at that moment and she proceeded to interview me. What I thought was an initial phone screen was actually a full hour-long behavioral interview with many questions about past experiences to determine how I behaved in situations that were likely to occur again in the workplace. It was helpful and to have a resume in front of me as well as have reflected on key experiences that may be tailored to behavioral interview questions. I was told at the end of the interview that I would receive notification of a second interview within 2 weeks. She also told me that she was passing on my resume to a few departments and that those departments would potentially contact me to arrange a second interview. She said managers of different departments would not know who else had contacted me. I received an email a few days later detailing the same information with a window that I would be contacted in. I received a phone call at the very beginning of the window from a recruiter resulting in an offer. The turnaround for accepting the offer was initally only 2 days, and I had to request for 4. My interviewer was warm and well-informed about the company. The interview process immediately put me at ease because of the interviewer's congeniality.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were not given direct instructions and had to handle ambiguity in a project direction.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate salary or dates, but requested to be able to talk to the manager I would be reporting to prior to accepting the offer to better understand the position description.

Intern Interview

Intern
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amerigroup in April 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online, and the HR person gave me a call for a phone interview. Asked some standard questions about leadership and teamwork, etc. Then, I was asked to come in for an interview. The structure of the interview was not like anything I've seen before. They had about 10 or so other internship interviewees come in at the same time, They put us all in one big meeting room with 5 tables so that 2 of us are at each table. Then, the 2 of us would be interviewed by 2 Amerigroup people for about 15 min. After 15 min, we would rotate tables, so we ended up doing 3 mini interviews.

Great company. Very laid-back culture and the people are all super friendly and all love their work. They want to be there, and they are more than willing to show you around.

Interview Question – Talk about a project that you led. Be specific about exactly what you did.   Answer Question

Worked for Amerigroup? Contribute to the Community!