Amerigroup Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.9

Investigative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amerigroup in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next week to schedule an interview, interviewed the next week. The interview itself was pretty standard, some technical questions and a few situational questions. The talent acquisition specialist was very helpful and the interviewers were very friendly. Got informed very quickly regarding their decision.

UM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amerigroup (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied, didn't hear anything for quite awhile, HR screening interview, group interviews with coworkers, then interviews with management. Drug tests, background checks, waited for many weeks to hear anything back from anyone. Was ready to move on to other opportunities when I got the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not given the opportunity to negotiate - I was just told what the offer was.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amerigroup (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by in person interview. Phone screening just reviewed background. In person interview drilled down into specific technical questions related to the position in question. Interview was difficult in that you needed to be able to clearly articulate a broad base of knowledge. But, at the senior level that should be expected. Marked as "difficult" because, even at the senior level, some companies don't ask any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very specific to the technology used in the position. There's no way to dance around them, you either know it or you don't.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered position within 24 hours of interview. Offer was excellent, did not negotiate. Recruiter wanted verbal acceptance immediately and would not put the offer in writing until verbal acceptance.

LTSS Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amerigroup (Kansas City, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

I submitted application electronically via the web site. Got a call the next day. Interviewed the following week with two area managers. Their questions focused on different types of work scenarios and how I handled them as well as how I work with different types of people.

Interview Questions

• Not one in particular. Be prepared to show how you use your skills in your career field with specific examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. I wish I would have negotiated for a higher salary. Regret that.

Marketing Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amerigroup (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Unprofessional. The guy was very busy with his work. Once I was offered the position. I was advised you don't find out your hours, salary or if benefits are an option until after you complete your first day of orientation

Interview Questions

• Nothing was hard or really asked there was an application   Answer Question

The manager would not give me any specifics about the position as far as salary, hours or benefits. You have to complete the first day and then you're told.

Outreach Member Interview

Interview

easy

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question but it depends on the interviewers   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amerigroup (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and was initially contacted by a real actuary, not an HR rep. That was a refreshing change. After the phone interview, they flew me to their Atlanta office. I was there most of the day, and had 5 individual 45-minute interviews with actuaries of varying experience levels, and I had lunch with the whole group (and, strangely, two other candidates for the position I was applying for). I was also administered a 30-minute excel test consisting of two word problems that you had to complete in Excel. It wasn't "easy," but it didn't require you to know any advanced Excel. Overall, I had a good impression of the group. They all seemed nice and I got the feeling it would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• How do you think we make money?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amerigroup (Virginia Beach, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online. I was contacted via email same day. Scheduled for a phone interview with recruiter following week, face to face interview set up for the next day but was moved to the following week because hiring manager was out of town. Received job offer within 2 days.Process took exactly 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Three questions: "Tell me about yourself" and "how do you deal with conflict with a co-worker," and "Tell me about a time when you had a project to complete and how you handled it"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate salary because it was well above what I was expecting.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amerigroup.

Interview

Received a call within an hour of applying. Twenty minute phone interview with hiring manager - no face-to-face. The manager said I have the skills they are looking for. In less than a week an offer is received. Getting this job was too good to be true, but I had heard it was a good company so I just thought I got lucky. Actually they were desperate to fill the position.

Negotiation

They offered more than I expected.

Technical Writer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Amerigroup (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview went smoothly, but there were a number of delays in finalizing their selection of me, and even more delays in my start date. I ended up starting almost a month after originally planned.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any questions I wasn't prepared to answer.   Answer Question