Amerigroup

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amerigroup in August 2014.

Initial phone screen followed by in person interview. Phone screening just reviewed background. In person interview drilled down into specific technical questions related to the position in question. Interview was difficult in that you needed to be able to clearly articulate a broad base of knowledge. But, at the senior level that should be expected. Marked as "difficult" because, even at the senior level, some companies don't ask any technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very specific to the technology used in the position. There's no way to dance around them, you either know it or you don't.   Answer Question
    Offered position within 24 hours of interview. Offer was excellent, did not negotiate. Recruiter wanted verbal acceptance immediately and would not put the offer in writing until verbal acceptance.

LTSS Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amerigroup in July 2014.

I submitted application electronically via the web site. Got a call the next day. Interviewed the following week with two area managers. Their questions focused on different types of work scenarios and how I handled them as well as how I work with different types of people.

Interview Questions
    • Not one in particular. Be prepared to show how you use your skills in your career field with specific examples.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate. I wish I would have negotiated for a higher salary. Regret that.

Outreach Member Interview

easy

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question but it depends on the interviewers   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Amerigroup in January 2014.

I applied online, and was initially contacted by a real actuary, not an HR rep. That was a refreshing change. After the phone interview, they flew me to their Atlanta office. I was there most of the day, and had 5 individual 45-minute interviews with actuaries of varying experience levels, and I had lunch with the whole group (and, strangely, two other candidates for the position I was applying for). I was also administered a 30-minute excel test consisting of two word problems that you had to complete in Excel. It wasn't "easy," but it didn't require you to know any advanced Excel.

Overall, I had a good impression of the group. They all seemed nice and I got the feeling it would be a great place to work.

Nurse Medical Management II (Originally Utilization Management RN) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amerigroup in November 2013.

Applied online. I was contacted via email same day. Scheduled for a phone interview with recruiter following week, face to face interview set up for the next day but was moved to the following week because hiring manager was out of town. Received job offer within 2 days.Process took exactly 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Three questions: "Tell me about yourself" and "how do you deal with conflict with a co-worker," and "Tell me about a time when you had a project to complete and how you handled it"   View Answer
    I did not negotiate salary because it was well above what I was expecting.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amerigroup.

Received a call within an hour of applying. Twenty minute phone interview with hiring manager - no face-to-face. The manager said I have the skills they are looking for. In less than a week an offer is received. Getting this job was too good to be true, but I had heard it was a good company so I just thought I got lucky. Actually they were desperate to fill the position.

They offered more than I expected.

Technical Writer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Amerigroup in August 2013.

The interview went smoothly, but there were a number of delays in finalizing their selection of me, and even more delays in my start date. I ended up starting almost a month after originally planned.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any questions I wasn't prepared to answer.   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amerigroup.

Company has hiring recruiters who make interview appts as appropriate.
    The interview is definitely behavior based. I had two managers in each interview. The process can be long and intimidating because there are so many questions. They want to know specific past experiences. Ex: Describe a time that you made a mistake. What happened and how did you correct the problem.

Interview Questions
    • I hate the weakness question. I think I have finally come up with a decent answer to what is my weakness.   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amerigroup.

Contracted through another company. No interview.

Sat with recruiter and negotiated easily: I knew how much they were billing, and where the sweet spot would be because of that.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amerigroup in June 2013.

Interview with 3 panels - Not too difficult

Interview Questions
    • No one knew how to respond to my questionnaire. They were shocked that I came prepared.   Answer Question