Amerigroup

44 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Writer II Interview

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Amerigroup in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview went smoothly, but there were a number of delays in finalizing their selection of me, and even more delays in my start date. I ended up starting almost a month after originally planned.

Interview Question – There weren't any questions I wasn't prepared to answer.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Overland Park, KS

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amerigroup in October 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Screen, then face-to-face interview.

Interview Question – Standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy.

Actuarial Analyst I Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Amerigroup in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and was initially contacted by a real actuary, not an HR rep. That was a refreshing change. After the phone interview, they flew me to their Atlanta office. I was there most of the day, and had 5 individual 45-minute interviews with actuaries of varying experience levels, and I had lunch with the whole group (and, strangely, two other candidates for the position I was applying for). I was also administered a 30-minute excel test consisting of two word problems that you had to complete in Excel. It wasn't "easy," but it didn't require you to know any advanced Excel.

Overall, I had a good impression of the group. They all seemed nice and I got the feeling it would be a great place to work.

Interview Question – How do you think we make money?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amerigroup in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interview with 3 panels - Not too difficult

Interview Question – No one knew how to respond to my questionnaire. They were shocked that I came prepared.   Answer Question

Outreach Member Interview

Interviewed at Amerigroup

Interview Details – easy

Interview Question – Unexpected question but it depends on the interviewers   Answer Question

Nurse Medical Management II (Originally Utilization Management RN) Interview

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amerigroup in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. I was contacted via email same day. Scheduled for a phone interview with recruiter following week, face to face interview set up for the next day but was moved to the following week because hiring manager was out of town. Received job offer within 2 days.Process took exactly 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Three questions: "Tell me about yourself" and "how do you deal with conflict with a co-worker," and "Tell me about a time when you had a project to complete and how you handled it"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate salary because it was well above what I was expecting.

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amerigroup.

Interview Details – Received a call within an hour of applying. Twenty minute phone interview with hiring manager - no face-to-face. The manager said I have the skills they are looking for. In less than a week an offer is received. Getting this job was too good to be true, but I had heard it was a good company so I just thought I got lucky. Actually they were desperate to fill the position.

Negotiation Details – They offered more than I expected.

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Amerigroup.

Interview Details – Company has hiring recruiters who make interview appts as appropriate.
The interview is definitely behavior based. I had two managers in each interview. The process can be long and intimidating because there are so many questions. They want to know specific past experiences. Ex: Describe a time that you made a mistake. What happened and how did you correct the problem.

Interview Question – I hate the weakness question. I think I have finally come up with a decent answer to what is my weakness.   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Field Service Technician

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amerigroup.

Interview Details – Contracted through another company. No interview.

Negotiation Details – Sat with recruiter and negotiated easily: I knew how much they were billing, and where the sweet spot would be because of that.

Nurse Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Amerigroup in October 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called back within 3 weeks. Interview process started with a phone interview. Was sent to the office for a second interview with nurse manager. Was offered the position within 3 days and hired upon accepting.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Amerigroup?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amerigroup

Worked for Amerigroup? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amerigroup interview questions and advice. All 44 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amerigroup employees and interview candidates.