Amerigroup Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amerigroup in June 2013.

Interview

Interview with 3 panels - Not too difficult

Interview Questions

• No one knew how to respond to my questionnaire. They were shocked that I came prepared.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amerigroup in June 2013.

Interview

Contacted by the internal recruiter, who scheduled interviews with a manager and a director. The interviews were one at a time, not a panel. Only one trip to the company was needed, because were scheduled one right after the other. Both interviewers were very well prepared, but they wanted to see what I looked like prior to the interview. Both shook hands very loose, but maintained great eye contact..

Interview Questions

• They asked me what my dream job was.   1 Answer

Health Care Economics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amerigroup (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

3 individual interviews, panel interview, sql test

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amerigroup (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Interview with entire team and management
    Once offer is extended, background check, drug test, reference check, previous employment check - very thorough.

Interview Questions

• If you started tomorrow, what could you accomplish in the first week?   Answer Question

Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Amerigroup.

Interview

2 tier process, over phone and in person. long time to process background check. Very extensive training and planning for work from home position. Must be self motivated.

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amerigroup.

Interview

Easy behavioral interview on-campus. Unable to attend the official second-round interview day. Offered to attend make up second-round interview at headquarters. Consisted of 2 45-minute interviews with sets of 2 Managers. Want you to format your answers using the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrifield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amerigroup (Merrifield, VA).

Interview

Had two phone interviews, one from the manager that I would be working for, and one from the HR manager. There was a two week interval between the two. An in-person interview took place a week after the second phone interview. Interviewed with three individuals separately on site. The interviewers really love the company and plan to spend their careers there. There did seem to be a lot of new hires. I don't know whether that was because they are expanding or people are leaving.

Interview Questions

• Their really weren't any. I had researched the company and it's culture thoroughly prior to the interview and was prepared.   Answer Question

Field Service Tech Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amerigroup in November 2012.

Interview

Phone interview followed up by 2 more phone interviews with higher level managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked what your salary expectation is, and if you are higher than their number, they negotiate a salary

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amerigroup (Overland Park, KS) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone Screen, then face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy.

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amerigroup (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I was initially screened through HR via a telephone interview based upon behavioral questions. Next, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Finally, I interviewed in person with the hiring manager and the heads of the Finance team.