Amerigroup

Amerigroup Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

Financial Analyst III Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amerigroup in June 2013.

Contacted by the internal recruiter, who scheduled interviews with a manager and a director. The interviews were one at a time, not a panel. Only one trip to the company was needed, because were scheduled one right after the other. Both interviewers were very well prepared, but they wanted to see what I looked like prior to the interview. Both shook hands very loose, but maintained great eye contact..

Health Care Economics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amerigroup.

3 individual interviews, panel interview, sql test

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amerigroup.

Interview with entire team and management
    Once offer is extended, background check, drug test, reference check, previous employment check - very thorough.

Interview Questions
    • If you started tomorrow, what could you accomplish in the first week?   Answer Question

Service Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Amerigroup.

2 tier process, over phone and in person. long time to process background check. Very extensive training and planning for work from home position. Must be self motivated.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amerigroup.

Easy behavioral interview on-campus. Unable to attend the official second-round interview day. Offered to attend make up second-round interview at headquarters. Consisted of 2 45-minute interviews with sets of 2 Managers. Want you to format your answers using the STAR method.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrifield, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrifield, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amerigroup.

Had two phone interviews, one from the manager that I would be working for, and one from the HR manager. There was a two week interval between the two. An in-person interview took place a week after the second phone interview. Interviewed with three individuals separately on site. The interviewers really love the company and plan to spend their careers there. There did seem to be a lot of new hires. I don't know whether that was because they are expanding or people are leaving.

Interview Questions
    • Their really weren't any. I had researched the company and it's culture thoroughly prior to the interview and was prepared.   Answer Question

Field Service Tech Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amerigroup in November 2012.

Phone interview followed up by 2 more phone interviews with higher level managers

Interview Questions
    They asked what your salary expectation is, and if you are higher than their number, they negotiate a salary

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amerigroup in October 2012.

Phone Screen, then face-to-face interview.

Easy.

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Amerigroup.

I was initially screened through HR via a telephone interview based upon behavioral questions. Next, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Finally, I interviewed in person with the hiring manager and the heads of the Finance team.

Senior Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amerigroup in July 2012.

I was initially contacted by an HR representative who set up a phone interview which turned out to be more of a personally assessment. The woman was very educated about the business and I enjoyed the interview. She mostly gave me example workplace situations and asked me how I would handle them. It was clear she wanted to see how I would react to working with a diverse group of people or how I would work in a team environment.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you had a conflict in the workplace with someone and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

After the phone interview, about three weeks later I was asked to come in for an in person interview with 3 directors and the VP. The interview was scheduled for the following week. Two days before the interview I got a call from a different HR representative stating that the job role had been changed to an Administrative Assistant position and they would no longer be filling the Sr. Communications Coordinator position. I asked for her to email me the job description so that I could review it – upon reviewing it I found that it was completely different and also $20k less so I contacted the HR rep and advised her that I was no longer interested in pursuing the role. She told me that I could still take the role and “work late every day to make it into the Sr. Communications Coordinator position as well as the admin job”. (WHAT A JOKE – for $20 less!)