Amerigroup Interview Questions & Reviews

45 interviews

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Amerigroup in October 2009.

I applied online and was called back within 3 weeks. Interview process started with a phone interview. Was sent to the office for a second interview with nurse manager. Was offered the position within 3 days and hired upon accepting.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Amerigroup?   View Answer
    Did not negotiate

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amerigroup in May 2009.

I had a total of 2 face to face interviews, and a final interview with VP of HR in Virginia Beach.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you contributed to your current or past organization, a strategic plan regarding recruitment challenges   Answer Question
    Very fair, was offered more than what I had anticipated.

Financial Analyst III Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Amerigroup in June 2013.

Contacted by the internal recruiter, who scheduled interviews with a manager and a director. The interviews were one at a time, not a panel. Only one trip to the company was needed, because were scheduled one right after the other. Both interviewers were very well prepared, but they wanted to see what I looked like prior to the interview. Both shook hands very loose, but maintained great eye contact..

Health Care Economics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Amerigroup.

3 individual interviews, panel interview, sql test

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Amerigroup.

Interview with entire team and management
    Once offer is extended, background check, drug test, reference check, previous employment check - very thorough.

Interview Questions
    • If you started tomorrow, what could you accomplish in the first week?   Answer Question

Service Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Amerigroup.

2 tier process, over phone and in person. long time to process background check. Very extensive training and planning for work from home position. Must be self motivated.

Client Services Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Amerigroup in December 2009.

I worked at Amerigroup back in 2005-2006 for 18 months. I remember I saw a job posting in the newspaper stating to go online and apply. I don't remember how long it took them to call but I was called in and interviewed by a floor supervisor and about a week or so later got the call to start at 9.50 an hour

Interview Questions
    • Mostly there were no difficult questions just your standard customer service questions   Answer Question

Field Service Tech Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amerigroup in November 2012.

Phone interview followed up by 2 more phone interviews with higher level managers

Interview Questions
    They asked what your salary expectation is, and if you are higher than their number, they negotiate a salary

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Amerigroup in September 2010.

Lots of communication via phone, fax, and email with HR in Virginia Beach. Was on time to interview. Manager was punctual. Great interview questions. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was taken on a tour of the call center floor. Noticed that the employees weren't interactive with each other.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. The questions asked were in the STAR format. The questions centered around call center activity, handling disgruntled callers and how to efficiently service the call.   Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation phase. The job offer was as-is.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Amerigroup.

Easy behavioral interview on-campus. Unable to attend the official second-round interview day. Offered to attend make up second-round interview at headquarters. Consisted of 2 45-minute interviews with sets of 2 Managers. Want you to format your answers using the STAR method.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question