Amerigroup Leadership Development Program Interview Questions

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amerigroup.

Interview

Easy behavioral interview on-campus. Unable to attend the official second-round interview day. Offered to attend make up second-round interview at headquarters. Consisted of 2 45-minute interviews with sets of 2 Managers. Want you to format your answers using the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amerigroup

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amerigroup in November 2011.

Interview

They make themselves out to be a great place to work...but in reality, they are awful people.

Interview Questions

• They asked many STAR questions in front of a panel   Answer Question
    • You do a fish bowl case study exercise with other interviewees that you meet there   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amerigroup (Virginia Beach, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

The first day we had dinner at their corporate building in Virginia Beach. There was 34 candidates and about 20 executives/employees. The CEO and CO talked to us and we also had time to mingle with different candidates and employees and ask about the company. At the end of dinner they gave us a case study. Ours wasn't technical and most just included identifying problems inside a business especially with the leadership. The next day we were separated into groups based on the color of our name badge and asked to do the case study as a group of five and in 2 hours answer all questions and give a 15 minute presentation. During the case study they seemed most interested in how you worked in a group with a time constraint and not as much on the actual presentation. Also in the middle of the case study they removed one member for about 45 minutes and then had her re-enter the group right before the presentation to see how the group dealt with the disruption. After we talked to current people in the program, toured the building, and had lunch. The second part of the interview consisted of 4 half hour interviews with one or two interviewers. All of the questions were background and behavioral. They all asked very similar questions mostly along the line of " tell about a time you planned/managed a project and how you dealt with difficulties surrounding it." The interviewers seemed to want to make sure you had lots of different experiences and could so different characteristics. They also asked questions about leadership techniques and why you wanted to work at Amerigroup. The interviewers also seemed interested in whether you had done your homework and had good questions about the company. Overall it was a long day 7:15 am -4 pm, but nothing was to difficult and everyone there was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you managed a problem and something went wrong and tell us how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us what type of leadership you feel like is most effective and how you have been a leader in a project.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amerigroup in April 2010.

Interview

The first day consisted of a dinner with Amerigroup's executive board. We held casual conversations over dinner with the employees that would be deciding your fate. The following day consisted of four, thirty minute interviews and a fishbowl exercise. The case study was handed out the night before and the following day we were placed into groups of 5. We then had to work out the answers to our case study under the observation of about twelve employees that were not allowed to speak to you until the end.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to organize, plan and execute an event from beginning to end   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question