Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Amerigroup
- Leadership Development Program (4)
- Project Manager II (3)
- Intern (2)
- Case Manager (2)
- Coordinator (2)
- Data Management Analyst (2)
- Office Clerk (1)
- Nurse (1)
- Project Coordinator (1)
- Claims Analyst (1)
- Technical Writer II (1)
- Customer Service Representative I (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Actuarial Analyst I (1)
- Decision Systems Analyst (1)
- Human Resources Project Coordinator (1)
- Assistant Vice President Project Management (1)
- Organizational Design (1)
- Business A (1)
- Call Center/Care Coordinator RN (1)
- Health Care Economics Analyst (1)
- Nurse Medical Management II (Originally Utilization Management RN) (1)
- Outreach Member (1)
- LTSS Care Coordinator (1)
- UM (1)
- Senior Software Developer (1)
- Senior Communications Coordinator (1)
- Summer Intern (1)
- Human Resources Coordinator (1)
- Human Resources Manager (1)
Project Manager II Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Amerigroup in November 2011.
Applied online. Was screened by HR for about 10 mins via phone call. Had phone nterview with SVP about the position and then was referred on to the hiring manager. Met with the hiring manager in person for about an hour and was asked standard interview questions. They seemed more interested in how I got along with them instead of specific answers to the questions. The personalities and the office environment made me want to be there.
- Asked mostly situational questions...tell me about a time when you had to.... 1 Answer
Vacation/Sick time isn't negotiable...but it is very generous to start with. Was able to start 3 weeks afterwards instead of the standard two weeks notice. Was able to counteroffer the initial salary offer.
Other Interview Reviews for Amerigroup
Project Manager II InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at Amerigroup (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2011.
I interviewed for a PM position and it was a typical interview process with one on one time with the hiring manager, a team member and one other person. Unfortunately, there was a scheduling mishap and I wasn't able to meet with everyone. My advice to anyone else who interviews here is that if you are asked to confirm your interview slots via email, call your contact person at Amerigroup to make sure everyone has updated their calendar. Otherwise, you may have an experience like mine where one of the people didn't have the interview on their calendar and wasn't available.
- What do you think will be the most difficult part of this position for you? Answer Question
Project Manager II InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Amerigroup (Virginia Beach, VA) in December 2010.
First step is the application online, then a phone interview with HR, then an in person interview with the hiring manager. My hiring manager actually wanted me to meet with several other people who were AVP's.
Don't expect to be able to negotiate...My previous employer was offering a considerable amount higher in order to keep me, and Amerigroup wouldn't budge...the way they see it is that they have many applicants and can just move on to the next person...and I am highly skilled, not just a bum off the street...