Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance

www.ameriprise.com

Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance Inside Sales Agent Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Sale Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance in May 2013.

Applied online, email was sent to take online call center simulation & take skills/personality test, next day was phone interview, the next day a manager called to scheduled 1 on 1. Interview questions basic, but I really didn't like how the interviewer kept going on about how this company is really great to work for and commission motivates people. He went on about how you could make so much money in this position and then went on to say he had an interview with a man for inside sales, but was not hired but instead hired for customer service. Tells me not to give up on hope with becoming potential employee of Ameriprise. That sums it up that he didn't even consider me for the position. Worst experience I must say.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance

Inside Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  De Pere, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in De Pere, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance.

Online personality and job history questionaire.
    In office -call center simulation and another longer personality questionaire.
    In office -face to face interview (just one met with a manager)
    Offer by phone within 2 weeks and written confirmation of offer within 4 weeks from interview.

The face-to-face interview was shorter than the simulation part of the interview. I would estimate it was 20-30 minutes and about 45 for the computer part.

Interview Questions
    • All standard sales and customer service type questions. "Tell me about a time when you over came objections or had an unhappy client" They also asked a lot about multi-taking ability and ability to deal with "challenging" technology. They also thoroughly reviewed my resume and asked the standard questions about why I left and what I'm looking for in a company.   Answer Question
    They do not negotiate the base salary at all. I asked and was told I should be taking the position because I expect to commission. (The base salary is paid bi-weekly and incentive is paid 1 month retro-active.)

Worked for Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance? Contribute to the Community!