Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance

2.6

Auto Claims Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance in July 2014.

Applied online and received an email with an assessment attached about a week later. After completing the assessment I was contacted by email to set up a phone interview a week later. Phone interview was pretty basic just telling me about the position and then asking me about my resume. The woman I spoke with was very professional and easy to talk to. After the phone interview I received another email to set up an in person interview at their office here. The location here occupies one floor of a 5 story building and most of the people hanging around out front looked less than enthused to be there. To be fair they may have worked for another company in the building. There is no name on the building that would tell you Ameriprise even exists there. I arrived 10 minutes before my interview was scheduled to begin and waited. The woman who showed up (late) to interview me was wearing a halter top and jeans. She had a copy of my resume and a 5 page print out of questions to ask. She literally just read questions off the paper and nothing more. Another guy who was supposed to be doing the interview showed up half way through it with the same print out and asked me the same questions she did.( Although he was at least wearing a collared shirt.) It was like they didn't have an H.R. department so they just picked random people off the call floor to do interviews. It was not a very professional representation of the company. I finished up the interview and asked some questions about if they offered tuition reimbursement for certificates or work related classes, as I am currently in school, and they both looked at me like I had grown another head, which gave me the impression they just showed up and did the basics and that was all they cared about. They weren't sure and pretty much just made up an answer. I was told I would hear back by the end of the month and I received an email about 3 weeks later stating that they had decided to pursue other candidates who more closely reflected the position requirements. Overall it was a pretty easy process from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were read from a print out and very generic. Describe a time you disagreed with a supervisor....Recall a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. Standard things like that.   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in De Pere, WI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance.

Straightforward process. They hire when needing to fill an upcoming training class. The interview involves one HR person and one manager. If you are a good candidate, they may offer hour choices immediately during the interview. Otherwise, they will call you back. The interview itself would typically involve standard customer service questions.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about, being as specific as you can, a customer service situation where you disagreed with your manager and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    They offered hour choices. I chose.

Auto Claims Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance.

Phone interview- they used a Behavior Based Interview questions. The whole interview lasted 20 min. In the beginning they reviewed my resume and past jobs wanting to know why I quite each one. This was just the first step in the process, they were very professional and easy to talk to.

Inside Sale Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance in May 2013.

Applied online, email was sent to take online call center simulation & take skills/personality test, next day was phone interview, the next day a manager called to scheduled 1 on 1. Interview questions basic, but I really didn't like how the interviewer kept going on about how this company is really great to work for and commission motivates people. He went on about how you could make so much money in this position and then went on to say he had an interview with a man for inside sales, but was not hired but instead hired for customer service. Tells me not to give up on hope with becoming potential employee of Ameriprise. That sums it up that he didn't even consider me for the position. Worst experience I must say.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in De Pere, WI

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance in March 2013.

Applied on line and was contacted by HR and asked to complete half a dozen essay style screening questions by email. Was later contacted by management to schedule phone interview. Phone interview lasted 2.5 hours, and I was questioned by 3 members of the marketing team. Was later flown in for a half-day, in-person interview with VP and previous three team members. Was asked a number of "describe a time when..." questions and asked to present a portfolio of writing samples. Company does not allow interviewees to tour facility.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Some of the "describe a time when..." questions were very specific to that job/working in the insurance industry, requiring a little creativity for drawing comparisons if you've never worked in insurance before.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in De Pere, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance.

Online personality and job history questionaire.
    In office -call center simulation and another longer personality questionaire.
    In office -face to face interview (just one met with a manager)
    Offer by phone within 2 weeks and written confirmation of offer within 4 weeks from interview.

The face-to-face interview was shorter than the simulation part of the interview. I would estimate it was 20-30 minutes and about 45 for the computer part.

Interview Questions
    • All standard sales and customer service type questions. "Tell me about a time when you over came objections or had an unhappy client" They also asked a lot about multi-taking ability and ability to deal with "challenging" technology. They also thoroughly reviewed my resume and asked the standard questions about why I left and what I'm looking for in a company.   Answer Question
    They do not negotiate the base salary at all. I asked and was told I should be taking the position because I expect to commission. (The base salary is paid bi-weekly and incentive is paid 1 month retro-active.)

Associate Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance in February 2013.

The interview process was very thorough and left a positive impression of the company. I had a phone interview with a recruiter and took an online assessment test before meeting for an in-person interview. That interview was then held at the company's new facility in Las Vegas. I was extremely impressed by the interviewers and how organized they were, and the relevant questions they had. It didn't feel rushed at all and I was given all the time in the world to answer each question completely.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers sought specific work examples from previous positions that related directly to the position for which I was interviewing.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance in January 2009.

The process seemed to be very good, it was engaging and the interviewer was very knowledgeable. It made me feel like it would be a good company to work for. Overall, the interview process was smooth and happened in a timely manner. There really isn't anything that I didn't like about the process.