Ameriprise

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ameriprise in January 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online and received email a few days later asking for me to call in and set up phone interview. I did so, but to only have the HR person do the phone screening then and there. It was fine for me as I called when I didn't have anything pressing, but would like be different if you're at your current work etc.

Questions were basic HR stuff "Tell me more about your work experience", "Do you know how to use Excel/Access".

Phone call was going fine until HR asked me my salary requirements and I gave her a "higher than this" number. Then there was an awkward pause and she revealed "This position only pays between 45K-50K, are you still set on your original salary requirement?"

Personally, the amount they were willing to pay is less than what I made coming out of college so I told her the salary was non-negotiable and we ended our call there, but if the amount is something you can work with then by all means use my review as your negotiation tool ;).

Interview Question – None. Just basic HR stuff. No technical questions.   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Ameriprise in January 2013.

Interview Details – aptitude test, personal interview, both round was good, but dont know why they didn't offer me that job. atmosphere was very good. people who are working there, they are very charming. anyone would love to work in such an environment. it was my bad luck, that i did not get through.

Interview Question – would you like to change your hobby   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ameriprise in March 2010.

Interview Details – I got the interview through a consulting firm. It was very easy and fast. Another consultant interviewed me which took the pressure off and she was great.

Interview Question – Tell me about your last project.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in June 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process was an initial phone screening, followed by an in person one on one. Then a second round with four one on one interviews. Third and final round consisted of a small panel interview followed by a financial analysis to test my skills. The position was entry level.

Interview Question – No out of the ordinary questions. Was suprised to be asked to conduct an on site financial analysis test.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ameriprise in January 2007.

Interview Details – Basically an interview.

Interview Question – One word to describe yourself.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ameriprise

Worked for Ameriprise? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ameriprise Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ameriprise employees and interview candidates.