Ameriprise Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and the process took roughly 7-9 days. I interviewed first with HR, and subsequently was given a call back for a second interview with the Director and his Team Lead. The interview honestly was dull. I was asked your "typical" behavioral non conversational questions to which some did not fit my background at all, so I had to conjure up an immediate answer that overall did not mirror my background. Why do interviewers must insist on the standard, " so give me an example of when you…..? How boring is that? When interviewing, I prefer a interview that is conversational so that you as the interviewee can have a sense of the interviewer temperament and the way his/her questions are carried out (i.e with a smile or a chuckle). If with either, it makes the interview less tense and very comfortable. The questions they asked me one would think I was interviewing for Goldman or JPMorgan to which I worked in the past. I am not discounting Ameriprise as not being a great company, but the way the interview was conducted one would think you're interviewing for a high salaried position. This was a first for me, to take myself out of the running. After the interview concluded, I emailed HR and told her I was no longer interested in pursuing the role. Granted, I am in dire need of employment (unemployed here) but I could not see myself working for that department I interviewed. I also was willing to relocate from my home state (NJ) to (MN) but my gut told me this isn't the role to make such an adjustment.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you applied strategic thinking to the test? (Something to that effect)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ameriprise

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with a HR rep, she asked the basic questions like "Why do you want to work at Ameriprise?" Then a week later I moved on to the in person interview with the hiring manager. Both were very casual interviews, not stressful at all. It seemed like they were looking for more of a personality fit than stressing about what skills I have. After the in person interview they told me that I would receive an offer in a few days. Ameriprise seems like a great company and I could definitely see myself working there, however I declined and accepted an offer at another company that offered a higher salary and more vacation.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 words your work and friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume online and received email a few days later asking for me to call in and set up phone interview. I did so, but to only have the HR person do the phone screening then and there. It was fine for me as I called when I didn't have anything pressing, but would like be different if you're at your current work etc. Questions were basic HR stuff "Tell me more about your work experience", "Do you know how to use Excel/Access". Phone call was going fine until HR asked me my salary requirements and I gave her a "higher than this" number. Then there was an awkward pause and she revealed "This position only pays between 45K-50K, are you still set on your original salary requirement?" Personally, the amount they were willing to pay is less than what I made coming out of college so I told her the salary was non-negotiable and we ended our call there, but if the amount is something you can work with then by all means use my review as your negotiation tool ;).

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

aptitude test, personal interview, both round was good, but dont know why they didn't offer me that job. atmosphere was very good. people who are working there, they are very charming. anyone would love to work in such an environment. it was my bad luck, that i did not get through.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ameriprise in March 2010.

Interview

I got the interview through a consulting firm. It was very easy and fast. Another consultant interviewed me which took the pressure off and she was great.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise in June 2008.

Interview

Interview process was an initial phone screening, followed by an in person one on one. Then a second round with four one on one interviews. Third and final round consisted of a small panel interview followed by a financial analysis to test my skills. The position was entry level.

Interview Questions

• No out of the ordinary questions. Was suprised to be asked to conduct an on site financial analysis test.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameriprise in January 2007.

Interview

Basically an interview.

Interview Questions

• One word to describe yourself.   1 Answer