Ameriprise

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in October 2012.

Interview Details – I heard about the job through university career services website and job fair. Laid back initial interview with behavioral based questions. I was invited back to Minneapolis to visit HQ, and spent about a day touring and interviewing with other student candidates from around the midwest. The interview on site consisted of more behavioral based questions and a mock sales phone call. Great building, great people, but a SALES job. Very competitive and results-driven.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to convince somebody superior to you of your idea or opinion.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor - In Training Interview

Financial Advisor - In Training
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in July 2012.

Interview Details – Consisted of 2 phone interviews, 2 assessments, and in person interview. After applying online at the career website I recieved a call from a recruiter that was 30 minutes long. After the call received via email the assessments. About 2-3 days after I was contacted by another recruiter for phone interview that consisted of behavioral q's and a "getting to know me". The in-person interview was at headquarters in downtown Mpls. This interview was a formal interview that consisted of behavioral questions, random questions, a conversation about past/history regarding resume, a mock-phone trial, a benefit's review, and a Q & A.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you realized a flaw about yourself while in a group setting. What did you do to adapt to the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Your salary is dependant on you alone, and exceptional candidates shouldn't be worried about the initial offer cause you can very well surpass the minimum your first year.

Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ameriprise in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, received an email with a link to a personality test. After passing this test I was called and asked to come in and complete a cognitive skills test. You need to get something like 9/18 right to move on. This sounds easy but it does eliminate candidates. After passing I had a half hour phone interview and was asked to come to their final round interview day. This day was 100% professional from beginning to end! It included presentations, benefit overview and a final interview with a sales manager. I received a call the next week and was offered a position which I will be accepting. I highly recommend checking this company out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating. Base salary is fairly low but with incentives you can make more than the average entry level job.

Las Vegas, NV

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in December 2011.

Interview Details – traditional interview with a recruiter
time to meet a manager in person.....confidence is key...basic situational interview....tell me about a time and what happened
confidence is key
2nd interview was over the phone
unorganized and was obviously searching on the weather page by his comments
as the interviews went on the situational questions got more specific and more difficult...most difficult i have had after many many same old questions. I give them props for that

Interview Question – tell me about a time when u had conflict at work and what was the results   View Answer

Worked for Ameriprise? Contribute to the Community!