Ameriprise Financial Advisor In Training Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in October 2012.

I heard about the job through university career services website and job fair. Laid back initial interview with behavioral based questions. I was invited back to Minneapolis to visit HQ, and spent about a day touring and interviewing with other student candidates from around the midwest. The interview on site consisted of more behavioral based questions and a mock sales phone call. Great building, great people, but a SALES job. Very competitive and results-driven.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to convince somebody superior to you of your idea or opinion.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ameriprise

Financial Advisor - In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in July 2012.

Consisted of 2 phone interviews, 2 assessments, and in person interview. After applying online at the career website I recieved a call from a recruiter that was 30 minutes long. After the call received via email the assessments. About 2-3 days after I was contacted by another recruiter for phone interview that consisted of behavioral q's and a "getting to know me". The in-person interview was at headquarters in downtown Mpls. This interview was a formal interview that consisted of behavioral questions, random questions, a conversation about past/history regarding resume, a mock-phone trial, a benefit's review, and a Q & A.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you realized a flaw about yourself while in a group setting. What did you do to adapt to the situation?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Your salary is dependant on you alone, and exceptional candidates shouldn't be worried about the initial offer cause you can very well surpass the minimum your first year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ameriprise in March 2012.

I applied online, received an email with a link to a personality test. After passing this test I was called and asked to come in and complete a cognitive skills test. You need to get something like 9/18 right to move on. This sounds easy but it does eliminate candidates. After passing I had a half hour phone interview and was asked to come to their final round interview day. This day was 100% professional from beginning to end! It included presentations, benefit overview and a final interview with a sales manager. I received a call the next week and was offered a position which I will be accepting. I highly recommend checking this company out.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiating. Base salary is fairly low but with incentives you can make more than the average entry level job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in December 2011.

traditional interview with a recruiter
    time to meet a manager in person.....confidence is key...basic situational interview....tell me about a time and what happened
    confidence is key
    2nd interview was over the phone
    unorganized and was obviously searching on the weather page by his comments
    as the interviews went on the situational questions got more specific and more difficult...most difficult i have had after many many same old questions. I give them props for that

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time when u had conflict at work and what was the results   View Answer

Worked for Ameriprise? Contribute to the Community!