Ameriprise Financial Advisor Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  West Bloomfield, MI
Anonymous Employee in West Bloomfield, MI

I interviewed online - interviewed at Ameriprise in July 2014.

Had an initial resume and application review. Was asked to move on to a phone interview, which went extremely well. I was then asked to take a behavioral and cognitive online exam that took 1.5 hours. They then were non-responsive for over a month and simply sent an email stating they were moving forward with other applicants. I found this rather unprofessional as I was interviewing with Merrill Lynch and Edward Jones which are better companies and both had the same exams which I was moved along within a week. I am not trying to complain but I have Juris Doctorate and was overqualified for the position. Oh well there loss and Merrill's gain!

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think you'd be successful in this industry?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ameriprise

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview with corporate reviewer, interview with regional manager, interview with employing advisor

Interview Questions
    • How have your education and experience prepared you for a position in this field?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ameriprise in September 2010.

I was one of about 15 who showed up on a Saturday for an interview. We were spoken to by the Field Vice President who laid out the position description and pay structure. Upon completion of the briefing, we were escorted to take a series of computerized tests.

Interview Questions
    • We immediately received the results of our tests and those who passed were invited back to a formal interview during the week. There were 3 questions and they were scenario based on previous experience.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.

looked at production, and U4 form. Met for lunch and chatted...informal

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see your production in 5 years? We don't know what the stock market is going to do, so this is difficult to predict   View Answer
    no, but I should have done it...my partner did and he got a better package

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in December 2009.

Because it is a franchise operation, I interviewed with the Senior Financial Advisor/Franchise Owner only. We had three interviews/discussions before settling on terms.

If anyone is considering becoming an Associate Financial Advisor, I would recommend only a salary for two years.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ameriprise in August 2011.

Hiring process was conducted mostly by telephone through the recruiting office and the area manager's office. Went smoothly even though I had some inaccurate info on U5 that FINRA investigated(Not a client complaint) and passed on.

Interview Questions
    • Quetions were very standard, did not present a problem   Answer Question
    The nature of the offer did not require negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in November 2011.

They called me to do a phone interview first. It was very short and just asked a few background questions around customer service. The next part was scheduled as an intelligence quiz. It was a short quiz that involved math and reasoning questions. It was pretty simple and basic. After passing the quiz I was scheduled to meet with one of the sales managers and an HR representative. Not all of the interviews are done with the HR person. The interview was similar to other interviews until they asked me to do an impromptu role play of a phone conversation. I did not feel I did well on that but showing that I could handle the sudden task was enough to offer me the job.

Interview Questions
    • There was a role play question about setting an appointment over the phone.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ameriprise.

Many lunches and dinners. Bring your numbers.

Bank Position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ameriprise in March 2009.

Was simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Had to role play as a travel agent selling a travel package. Was asked to memorize a 19 page initial client interview script.   Answer Question
    Commission and base salary was not negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in February 2012.

The process consisted of multiple interviews with individuals from human resources as well managers. Additionally, there was a competence test. The process took approximately two weeks to complete, but the process was very professional and organized. The interviewers were timely and kept to an agenda. The whole process was very open with a positive feeling. In fact, the interview process provided confidence in my decision to accept the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to go above and beyond your role's responsibilities.   Answer Question

Worked for Ameriprise? Contribute to the Community!