Ameriprise

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Ameriprise

Interview Details – Interview with corporate reviewer, interview with regional manager, interview with employing advisor

Interview Question – How have your education and experience prepared you for a position in this field?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ameriprise in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was one of about 15 who showed up on a Saturday for an interview. We were spoken to by the Field Vice President who laid out the position description and pay structure. Upon completion of the briefing, we were escorted to take a series of computerized tests.

Interview Question – We immediately received the results of our tests and those who passed were invited back to a formal interview during the week. There were 3 questions and they were scenario based on previous experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Interviewed at Ameriprise

Interview Details – looked at production, and U4 form. Met for lunch and chatted...informal

Interview Question – Where do you see your production in 5 years? We don't know what the stock market is going to do, so this is difficult to predict   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no, but I should have done it...my partner did and he got a better package

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in December 2009.

Interview Details – Because it is a franchise operation, I interviewed with the Senior Financial Advisor/Franchise Owner only. We had three interviews/discussions before settling on terms.

Negotiation Details – If anyone is considering becoming an Associate Financial Advisor, I would recommend only a salary for two years.

Syracuse, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ameriprise in August 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was conducted mostly by telephone through the recruiting office and the area manager's office. Went smoothly even though I had some inaccurate info on U5 that FINRA investigated(Not a client complaint) and passed on.

Interview Question – Quetions were very standard, did not present a problem   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The nature of the offer did not require negotiation

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in November 2011.

Interview Details – They called me to do a phone interview first. It was very short and just asked a few background questions around customer service. The next part was scheduled as an intelligence quiz. It was a short quiz that involved math and reasoning questions. It was pretty simple and basic. After passing the quiz I was scheduled to meet with one of the sales managers and an HR representative. Not all of the interviews are done with the HR person. The interview was similar to other interviews until they asked me to do an impromptu role play of a phone conversation. I did not feel I did well on that but showing that I could handle the sudden task was enough to offer me the job.

Interview Question – There was a role play question about setting an appointment over the phone.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview Details – Many lunches and dinners. Bring your numbers.

Interview Question – How much of your book will come over?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Bank Position.

Irvine, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ameriprise in March 2009.

Interview Details – Was simple and straightforward.

Interview Question – Had to role play as a travel agent selling a travel package. Was asked to memorize a 19 page initial client interview script.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Commission and base salary was not negotiable.

Las Vegas, NV

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in February 2012.

Interview Details – The process consisted of multiple interviews with individuals from human resources as well managers. Additionally, there was a competence test. The process took approximately two weeks to complete, but the process was very professional and organized. The interviewers were timely and kept to an agenda. The whole process was very open with a positive feeling. In fact, the interview process provided confidence in my decision to accept the position.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you had to go above and beyond your role's responsibilities.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ameriprise in January 2012.

Interview Details – I first had two phone interviews followed by a personality/skills/IQ test, then i had a in person interview with a manager that was about two years older than myself, very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Too much sales, wanted more of an analysis position.

Worked for Ameriprise? Contribute to the Community!