Ameriprise Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.5

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

Phone screen, personality quiz, phone interview, in person interview #1, business plan presentation, in person interview #2... then after offer there is a lengthy background interview for FINRA. Very time consuming but what else is the be expected when entering this industry?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ameriprise

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ameriprise in June 2015.

Interview

I recently participated in a 30 minute phone interview, the first step in the interview process for Ameriprise. The recruiter was prompt in responding to my application submission, and setting up a phone interview. On the morning of the interview she called me right on time. She provided a brief overview of the position, based on information that she had sent a day earlier. I was asked two questions and then was given an opportunity to ask questions of my own. The recruiter was very professional and very helpful when I had questions of my own. She was also very detailed when it came to answering my questions as well as in describing the process that would follow.

Anonymous Employee in West Bloomfield, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ameriprise (West Bloomfield, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

Had an initial resume and application review. Was asked to move on to a phone interview, which went extremely well. I was then asked to take a behavioral and cognitive online exam that took 1.5 hours. They then were non-responsive for over a month and simply sent an email stating they were moving forward with other applicants. I found this rather unprofessional as I was interviewing with Merrill Lynch and Edward Jones which are better companies and both had the same exams which I was moved along within a week. I am not trying to complain but I have Juris Doctorate and was overqualified for the position. Oh well there loss and Merrill's gain!

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be successful in this industry?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Interview with corporate reviewer, interview with regional manager, interview with employing advisor

Interview Questions

• How have your education and experience prepared you for a position in this field?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

looked at production, and U4 form. Met for lunch and chatted...informal

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your production in 5 years? We don't know what the stock market is going to do, so this is difficult to predict   1 Answer

Negotiation

no, but I should have done it...my partner did and he got a better package

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ameriprise in October 2013.

Interview

Long 6 face to face/phone interviews met various managers and execs. All interviews lasted approx one hour. There we're follow ups as well that took additional time. There were also skill and personality tests that took 3 hours each I recall. It was a bit much.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

Many lunches and dinners. Bring your numbers.

Interview Questions

• How much of your book will come over?   1 Answer

Bank Position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2012.

Interview

The process consisted of multiple interviews with individuals from human resources as well managers. Additionally, there was a competence test. The process took approximately two weeks to complete, but the process was very professional and organized. The interviewers were timely and kept to an agenda. The whole process was very open with a positive feeling. In fact, the interview process provided confidence in my decision to accept the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to go above and beyond your role's responsibilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ameriprise (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2012.

Interview

Rather structured approach, well managed and overseen. Originally filled out application on line, then was asked to complete competency / personality test on line, after that there was a rather easy test at the office testing basic logic / computation skills. Then there was a rather long interview on the phone, followed by 1-1 in person.

Interview Questions

• Role playing the phone conversation with the client   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation involved. Maybe to shift a start date by a month later.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2012.

Interview

I first had two phone interviews followed by a personality/skills/IQ test, then i had a in person interview with a manager that was about two years older than myself, very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Too much sales, wanted more of an analysis position.