Ameriprise

2.4

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bloomfield, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bloomfield, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Ameriprise in July 2014.

Had an initial resume and application review. Was asked to move on to a phone interview, which went extremely well. I was then asked to take a behavioral and cognitive online exam that took 1.5 hours. They then were non-responsive for over a month and simply sent an email stating they were moving forward with other applicants. I found this rather unprofessional as I was interviewing with Merrill Lynch and Edward Jones which are better companies and both had the same exams which I was moved along within a week. I am not trying to complain but I have Juris Doctorate and was overqualified for the position. Oh well there loss and Merrill's gain!

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think you'd be successful in this industry?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ameriprise

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview with corporate reviewer, interview with regional manager, interview with employing advisor

Interview Questions
    • How have your education and experience prepared you for a position in this field?   Answer Question

looked at production, and U4 form. Met for lunch and chatted...informal

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see your production in 5 years? We don't know what the stock market is going to do, so this is difficult to predict   View Answer
    no, but I should have done it...my partner did and he got a better package

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ameriprise in October 2013.

Long 6 face to face/phone interviews met various managers and execs. All interviews lasted approx one hour. There we're follow ups as well that took additional time. There were also skill and personality tests that took 3 hours each I recall. It was a bit much.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ameriprise.

Many lunches and dinners. Bring your numbers.

Bank Position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise in February 2012.

The process consisted of multiple interviews with individuals from human resources as well managers. Additionally, there was a competence test. The process took approximately two weeks to complete, but the process was very professional and organized. The interviewers were timely and kept to an agenda. The whole process was very open with a positive feeling. In fact, the interview process provided confidence in my decision to accept the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to go above and beyond your role's responsibilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ameriprise in January 2012.

Rather structured approach, well managed and overseen. Originally filled out application on line, then was asked to complete competency / personality test on line, after that there was a rather easy test at the office testing basic logic / computation skills. Then there was a rather long interview on the phone, followed by 1-1 in person.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing the phone conversation with the client   View Answer
    Not much negotiation involved. Maybe to shift a start date by a month later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ameriprise in January 2012.

I first had two phone interviews followed by a personality/skills/IQ test, then i had a in person interview with a manager that was about two years older than myself, very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Too much sales, wanted more of an analysis position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise in November 2011.

They called me to do a phone interview first. It was very short and just asked a few background questions around customer service. The next part was scheduled as an intelligence quiz. It was a short quiz that involved math and reasoning questions. It was pretty simple and basic. After passing the quiz I was scheduled to meet with one of the sales managers and an HR representative. Not all of the interviews are done with the HR person. The interview was similar to other interviews until they asked me to do an impromptu role play of a phone conversation. I did not feel I did well on that but showing that I could handle the sudden task was enough to offer me the job.

Interview Questions
    • There was a role play question about setting an appointment over the phone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ameriprise in August 2011.

Hiring process was conducted mostly by telephone through the recruiting office and the area manager's office. Went smoothly even though I had some inaccurate info on U5 that FINRA investigated(Not a client complaint) and passed on.

Interview Questions
    • Quetions were very standard, did not present a problem   Answer Question
    The nature of the offer did not require negotiation