Ameriprise Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ameriprise (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Laid back, interviewer told me a lot about the company and what he does, asked me some questions about my extracurricular activities, my interests, and general info. Interviewer was a financial advisor and was very friendly, had a good conversation, no technical questions. Interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ameriprise

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

I talked with the employer at a job fair. They called me later that night to schedule a face-to-face interview the following day. About 3 weeks later that contacted me to schedule a follow up interview at company headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions e.g. What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was easy and simple.

Intern Interview

Interview

Very simple process with personal financial advisor in a smaller office. The job specifics were straight forward: answering the phone, making calls, typing up letters, printing, scanning and filing documents.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

First they had a phone interview basically just getting to know you, asking your basic behavioral questions. That was followed by a in person interview at their office which was a mixture of behavior and analytic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I met an Ameriprise representative at a job fair. Got first round interview the next day and second round interview in the office the following Friday. And then it took a week to receive an offer from HR on the phone. All the employees I met were friendly and approachable.

Interview Questions

• All behavior questions in first round. A mix of behavior and technical questions in the second round.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Was informed of the interview via email. Met with office manager and para-planner. Did a resume review and then some behavioral questions. Completed a mock proofing and editing of financial statements and summaries. Was not difficult

Interview Questions

• Really ask about each experience on resume. Must be prepared to deal with deeper questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

Was hired through previous intern.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ameriprise (Wellesley, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very basic interview. Basically looked for an interest in the markets and working with people. No technical questions or case studies, more into looking to see what I was interested in and if I had any aspirations to continue in this field. They asked me a few questions about my resume, where I grew up, and if I had any hobbies etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise (Boston, MA).

Interview

Standard interview process with phone interview and typical questions for a college student looking for school-year internship. Seemed more concerned with my availability during the week. This was a for-credit internship so it was important I was able to offer enough hours during the 9-5 weekday work hours. Overall good learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us over another financial services firm?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

Great place to work for, people are very nice and respect

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation