Ameriprise

Updated Nov 30, 2014

2.2

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Very simple process with personal financial advisor in a smaller office. The job specifics were straight forward: answering the phone, making calls, typing up letters, printing, scanning and filing documents.

Other Interview Reviews for Ameriprise

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise.

First they had a phone interview basically just getting to know you, asking your basic behavioral questions. That was followed by a in person interview at their office which was a mixture of behavior and analytic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise.

I met an Ameriprise representative at a job fair. Got first round interview the next day and second round interview in the office the following Friday. And then it took a week to receive an offer from HR on the phone. All the employees I met were friendly and approachable.

Interview Questions
    • All behavior questions in first round. A mix of behavior and technical questions in the second round.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Was informed of the interview via email. Met with office manager and para-planner. Did a resume review and then some behavioral questions. Completed a mock proofing and editing of financial statements and summaries. Was not difficult

Interview Questions
    • Really ask about each experience on resume. Must be prepared to deal with deeper questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ameriprise.

Was hired through previous intern.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ameriprise in January 2014.

Very basic interview. Basically looked for an interest in the markets and working with people. No technical questions or case studies, more into looking to see what I was interested in and if I had any aspirations to continue in this field. They asked me a few questions about my resume, where I grew up, and if I had any hobbies etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise.

Standard interview process with phone interview and typical questions for a college student looking for school-year internship. Seemed more concerned with my availability during the week. This was a for-credit internship so it was important I was able to offer enough hours during the 9-5 weekday work hours. Overall good learning experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us over another financial services firm?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ameriprise.

Great place to work for, people are very nice and respect

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview was casual and asked typical interview questions. Ended on a difficult brain teaser however.

Interview Questions
    • Was a brain teaser but just thought about it and figured it out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ameriprise in October 2011.

Interview was all behavioral. I showed up on site to the company and she took me into an office and sat down with me one on one. They generally look for an interns to stay for at least a year but they only stay for about a semester. The lady just asked me to walk her through my resume. They are particularly interested if you have experience in insurance.