Ameriprise Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2015

2.6

Risk Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

The entire process took 65 days. I had a phone interview a week after submitting my application, 2 weeks later I had a face to face. I was told I would hear back in about 2 weeks, 5 weeks later I sent an email for an update from the hiring manager. I received a response stating the process was not finalized. I was given the recruiter's name and phone number to follow up, the number I was given was inaccurate. A week later I left a message but did not have my call returned, one day later I received a rejection email.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ameriprise (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Laid back, interviewer told me a lot about the company and what he does, asked me some questions about my extracurricular activities, my interests, and general info. Interviewer was a financial advisor and was very friendly, had a good conversation, no technical questions. Interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

I talked with the employer at a job fair. They called me later that night to schedule a face-to-face interview the following day. About 3 weeks later that contacted me to schedule a follow up interview at company headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions e.g. What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was easy and simple.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Held at the job fair for private colleges I attended. Lasted about 30 minutes between two HR workers. Pretty laid back basic HR type questions, nothing too specific relating to Finance except examples of materials and projects that came to find that could be used and called experiences. One worker was the leader of the program for interns and the other worked directly in the Finance department.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied through Indeed. I then received and email from Sarah in Minnesota to schedule a phone interview. She responded quickly to my email with my available times. The next day we spoke for about 30 minutes. There were no difficult questions.

Financial Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2015.

Interview

I was reached out to by an HR generalist that started the process. Consisted of 2 phone interviews and then 1 with the hiring manager. The final step would have been an in-person at the location. The first 3 steps went very quickly, but then I had to continue to follow up for a status with HR to see if I needed to make plans with my work schedule to fly to Las Vegas for the in-person, which I was never offered. The "decline decision" came 2 hrs after I called the hiring manager to follow up after not hearing from HR for 2 weeks. The decline was based on another candidate having more managerial experience, but they did offer me a job as an FA in the AAC in Las Vegas, to which I was not interested in an out of pocket re-location for a lateral move. There were 2 positions open and 1 was filled internally.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of in your career?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you coached a team member.   1 Answer
    • What do you think the most difficult part of this transition will be for you?   1 Answer
    • How are you performing in your current role/what does your activity look like? (Better have a breakdown of how many dials/contacts/appointments set/ deals closed)   1 Answer

Public Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

3 30-minute interviews with various department heads and an hour long writing test. I met with the Senior Director of Public Communications, the Senior Director of Advice and Wealth Management, and the VP of PR (out of New York, but visiting the Minneapolis office). The writing test was to write up a newspaper article from a company press release.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Was asked to tell them about me, and a few situational questions. The manager was 15 minutes late getting to the interview, and seemed to have zero interest in conducting the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is something you can improve on?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

interviewed for the LDP role, applied through campus career site. Interviewed on campus with two marketing employees. Behavioral type questions mostly. Invited to their corporate offices for 2nd round. Same type of behavior questions. Met with a VP and planning manager. Also shadowed an LDP.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult aspect Ameriprise is facing?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with Ameriprise this Dec. The interview was very short. Lasted about 15 min. The recruiting committee member mainly asked me about my education background and the research projects I had worked on.

Interview Questions

• The recruiting committee member did not ask me any technical questions. So there was no difficult or unexpected question   Answer Question