Ameriprise Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

It is a very through process. There are multiple interview, to ensure that the right person is being chosen for the job. Depending on the department, the interview process varies

Interview Questions

• Walk me through you resume.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Columbia, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly, but started off telling me this isn't an interview more like a get to know you type meeting. One of the interviewers explain he was a psych major, and kept repeating that this wasn't an interview, and started asking personal questions about my life. He also was open with how he got to the position he's in now. Explain that they aren't looking for an admin right now, cause they don't know if they can afford it.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you wouldn't tell your interviewer about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Have you done anything bad/terrible, like for example murder?   Answer Question
    • Tell me more about your mother's death, don't go into details, but how it affected you.   Answer Question

Customer Service Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

Went thru three separate interviews. The first was a phone interview. Second I met with the hiring manager. Then I met with the director. I was asked situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had the to make an unfavorable decision.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and the process took roughly 7-9 days. I interviewed first with HR, and subsequently was given a call back for a second interview with the Director and his Team Lead. The interview honestly was dull. I was asked your "typical" behavioral non conversational questions to which some did not fit my background at all, so I had to conjure up an immediate answer that overall did not mirror my background. Why do interviewers must insist on the standard, " so give me an example of when you…..? How boring is that? When interviewing, I prefer a interview that is conversational so that you as the interviewee can have a sense of the interviewer temperament and the way his/her questions are carried out (i.e with a smile or a chuckle). If with either, it makes the interview less tense and very comfortable. The questions they asked me one would think I was interviewing for Goldman or JPMorgan to which I worked in the past. I am not discounting Ameriprise as not being a great company, but the way the interview was conducted one would think you're interviewing for a high salaried position. This was a first for me, to take myself out of the running. After the interview concluded, I emailed HR and told her I was no longer interested in pursuing the role. Granted, I am in dire need of employment (unemployed here) but I could not see myself working for that department I interviewed. I also was willing to relocate from my home state (NJ) to (MN) but my gut told me this isn't the role to make such an adjustment.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you applied strategic thinking to the test? (Something to that effect)   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with a HR rep, she asked the basic questions like "Why do you want to work at Ameriprise?" Then a week later I moved on to the in person interview with the hiring manager. Both were very casual interviews, not stressful at all. It seemed like they were looking for more of a personality fit than stressing about what skills I have. After the in person interview they told me that I would receive an offer in a few days. Ameriprise seems like a great company and I could definitely see myself working there, however I declined and accepted an offer at another company that offered a higher salary and more vacation.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 words your work and friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Three step process beginning with Human Resources review and screening; second step was interview with middle level manager within department; third step was interview with Vice President of the department. Fairly fast process, less than one month from start to finish. Mostly structured and by the book with little open discussion.

Interview Questions

• Describe how analysis of sets of data would be compiles and developed into a narrative which could be presented to Senior Leaders in order to convey necessary process and resource improvements.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

Phone screen, personality quiz, phone interview, in person interview #1, business plan presentation, in person interview #2... then after offer there is a lengthy background interview for FINRA. Very time consuming but what else is the be expected when entering this industry?

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise in June 2015.

Interview

I recently participated in a 30 minute phone interview, the first step in the interview process for Ameriprise. The recruiter was prompt in responding to my application submission, and setting up a phone interview. On the morning of the interview she called me right on time. She provided a brief overview of the position, based on information that she had sent a day earlier. I was asked two questions and then was given an opportunity to ask questions of my own. The recruiter was very professional and very helpful when I had questions of my own. She was also very detailed when it came to answering my questions as well as in describing the process that would follow.

Knowledge Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. I was contacted by a recruiter, had a brief interview and then was scheduled for a face to face interview with two people. I heard back on status about 7 days after being interviewed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

It took weeks and included two interview and two testing sessions. One interview was good, but the other was bad because the interviewer was lying to me about information he clearly didn't know the answers to.