Ameriprise

Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Interview

Finance
Greenville, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in February 2010.

Interview Details – Saw the position posted on my universities career center website. I applied and was called to schedule a phone interview. After getting through that, I was called to setup a face to face interview. Interview process was pretty easy. Mostly personality questions and finance technical questions. Interviewer was easy to talk to which made it easier.

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Director Interview

Director
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview Details – The interview consisted mainly of Behavior Based Interview questions. I interviewed with 3 Senior Vice Presidents. I was a strong internal candidate for the position. Each interview was about 30 minutes in length.

Interview Question – What was your GPA in college?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Albany, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ameriprise in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was an internal posting that I applied for. After acquiring over 10 years of experience in training, human resources and management, I felt I had the credentials to fulfill the requirements of the role.

Interview Question – What are two of your most valuable leadership attributes you can bring to the position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salary negociation was easy because I was already familiar with the market reference zone for the position.

Senior BSA Lead Interview

Senior BSA Lead

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview Details – 1 interview only. I was asked about Behavioral and situational type of questions. What if and how to scenarios were asked and I was asked to provide some examples of those situations

Negotiation Details – I got the salary range that I had expected and I was contented with my salary.

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor

Interviewed at Ameriprise

Interview Details – Interview with corporate reviewer, interview with regional manager, interview with employing advisor

Interview Question – How have your education and experience prepared you for a position in this field?   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

Wealth Management
Boston, MA

I interviewed at Ameriprise in April 2013.

Interview Details – One round of phone interviews followed by in person interview

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ameriprise in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was one of about 15 who showed up on a Saturday for an interview. We were spoken to by the Field Vice President who laid out the position description and pay structure. Upon completion of the briefing, we were escorted to take a series of computerized tests.

Interview Question – We immediately received the results of our tests and those who passed were invited back to a formal interview during the week. There were 3 questions and they were scenario based on previous experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Regional Sales Director Interview

Regional Sales Director
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in April 2010.

Interview Details – Thorough, however the number of individuals in the mix should have been a sign that the role would be subject to multi-supervisor overkill.

Interview Question – The questions were dependent on the interviewer his or her level of professionalism.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Little if any flexibility due primarily to the regimented, structured culture.

Intern Interview

Intern
Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview Details – I met an Ameriprise representative at a job fair. Got first round interview the next day and second round interview in the office the following Friday. And then it took a week to receive an offer from HR on the phone. All the employees I met were friendly and approachable.

Interview Question – All behavior questions in first round. A mix of behavior and technical questions in the second round.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Ameriprise

Interview Details – Was informed of the interview via email. Met with office manager and para-planner. Did a resume review and then some behavioral questions. Completed a mock proofing and editing of financial statements and summaries. Was not difficult

Interview Question – Really ask about each experience on resume. Must be prepared to deal with deeper questions   Answer Question

Worked for Ameriprise? Contribute to the Community!