Ameriprise

Average Difficulty
124 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Ameriprise

Interview Details – Was informed of the interview via email. Met with office manager and para-planner. Did a resume review and then some behavioral questions. Completed a mock proofing and editing of financial statements and summaries. Was not difficult

Interview Question – Really ask about each experience on resume. Must be prepared to deal with deeper questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview Details – Was hired through previous intern.

Interview Question – What are pros and cons for your skills as a worker?   Answer Question

Financial Planner Intern Interview

Financial Planner Intern

Interviewed at Ameriprise

Interview Details – I applied through my college career website and got a call the next day after submitting my resume. The interviewer mostly asked general questions about skills, future career goals, and my class schedule. He didn't seem to be too prepared with questions.

Interview Question – What is your favorite course.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview Details – Standard interview process with phone interview and typical questions for a college student looking for school-year internship. Seemed more concerned with my availability during the week. This was a for-credit internship so it was important I was able to offer enough hours during the 9-5 weekday work hours. Overall good learning experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us over another financial services firm?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor

Interviewed at Ameriprise

Interview Details – looked at production, and U4 form. Met for lunch and chatted...informal

Interview Question – Where do you see your production in 5 years? We don't know what the stock market is going to do, so this is difficult to predict   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no, but I should have done it...my partner did and he got a better package

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in December 2009.

Interview Details – Because it is a franchise operation, I interviewed with the Senior Financial Advisor/Franchise Owner only. We had three interviews/discussions before settling on terms.

Negotiation Details – If anyone is considering becoming an Associate Financial Advisor, I would recommend only a salary for two years.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Leadership Development Program

Interviewed at Ameriprise

Interview Details – In campus Interview, all behavior questions: why Ameriprise? what is you strength? How did you deal with the pressure. What is your greatest achievement so far? etc

Interview Question – all behavior questions   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst II Interview

Business Systems Analyst II
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in October 2013.

Interview Details – Recieved a call for a phone interview about 4 or 5 days after applying online. Phone interview scheduled, and the HR recruiter was 30 minutes late (which is frustrating as I am currently employed and needed to reserve a conference room). Phone interview went really well, despite the HR recruiter's lateness.

Contacted via phone about a week later, asking for an in-person interview. Met with the hiring manager and one of her associates. Interview went well, mostly STAR questions, but they were quite difficut -- lots of questions about ethics, which I did not expect for this interview.

Was told the recruiter would let me know within a week. Never heard back. Very unprofessional!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were asked to do something unethical.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Clerk/Archivist/Filing Interview

Clerk/Archivist/Filing
East Meadow, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Ameriprise in May 2013.

Interview Details – Most professional, relaxed, courteous, and hospitable.

Interview Question – None. Went over resume and asked me if I understood the job and terms   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated nothing. Whatever was offered, I took.

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Client Service Coordinator
Webster, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ameriprise in February 2013.

Interview Details – The Franchise Owner will be conducting the interview but will have three other people in the interview as well. the franchise owner does most of the speaking but the others are there in case they have any questions or feel as if the franchise owner has forgotten something.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty typical. Name a weakness, tell us about your experience/qualifications, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Tough. He was only wanting to pay me $30,000 even though I had a college degree. I was currently making $32,000 at my prior job and said that since I had gained experience I was looking for more money, I was looking for $37,000. He said he would start me at my current rate of 32k and move me to 34k after my probationary period. He said he couldn't do 37k at the time but after I had been there a year he could. He followed through with the 34k but when I asked to see if I was still on track for the 37k he acted like he never offered that in the first place. I strongly suggest you get everything in writing before you accept the offer.