Ameriprise Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

interviewed at Ameriprise in April 2013.

One round of phone interviews followed by in person interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ameriprise in September 2010.

I was one of about 15 who showed up on a Saturday for an interview. We were spoken to by the Field Vice President who laid out the position description and pay structure. Upon completion of the briefing, we were escorted to take a series of computerized tests.

Interview Questions
    • We immediately received the results of our tests and those who passed were invited back to a formal interview during the week. There were 3 questions and they were scenario based on previous experience.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.

Regional Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in April 2010.

Thorough, however the number of individuals in the mix should have been a sign that the role would be subject to multi-supervisor overkill.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were dependent on the interviewer his or her level of professionalism.   View Answer
    Little if any flexibility due primarily to the regimented, structured culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise.

I met an Ameriprise representative at a job fair. Got first round interview the next day and second round interview in the office the following Friday. And then it took a week to receive an offer from HR on the phone. All the employees I met were friendly and approachable.

Interview Questions
    • All behavior questions in first round. A mix of behavior and technical questions in the second round.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Was informed of the interview via email. Met with office manager and para-planner. Did a resume review and then some behavioral questions. Completed a mock proofing and editing of financial statements and summaries. Was not difficult

Interview Questions
    • Really ask about each experience on resume. Must be prepared to deal with deeper questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Ameriprise.

Was hired through previous intern.

Financial Planner Intern Interview

I applied through my college career website and got a call the next day after submitting my resume. The interviewer mostly asked general questions about skills, future career goals, and my class schedule. He didn't seem to be too prepared with questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise.

Standard interview process with phone interview and typical questions for a college student looking for school-year internship. Seemed more concerned with my availability during the week. This was a for-credit internship so it was important I was able to offer enough hours during the 9-5 weekday work hours. Overall good learning experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us over another financial services firm?   Answer Question

looked at production, and U4 form. Met for lunch and chatted...informal

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see your production in 5 years? We don't know what the stock market is going to do, so this is difficult to predict   View Answer
    no, but I should have done it...my partner did and he got a better package

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in December 2009.

Because it is a franchise operation, I interviewed with the Senior Financial Advisor/Franchise Owner only. We had three interviews/discussions before settling on terms.

If anyone is considering becoming an Associate Financial Advisor, I would recommend only a salary for two years.