Ameriprise Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.7

Financial Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Long Beach, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

2 interviews. 1st one face to face. 2nd one over the phone. Then I was required to do apptitude test. I was then called in for a 3rd interview for half an hour to an hour told I have to do a 3 page marketing proposal of my strategy of how I was going to get people interested in financial management and I was going to have to 4th interview over the phone with the Vice President. i decided not to have the 4th interview as I was comfortable with selling to my family and friends.

Interview Questions

• How many people do you know in America and what business are they in?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

I completed two applications for the Investment Rep role and the Inside Sales Rep role. A recruiter called me to complete a phone screen for both. I also completed 2 face-to-face interviews. The lead/manager for the Inside Sales Role responded to the emails that I had sent him weeks later (unprofessional). They expected me to cram for the insurance test. I declined the offer due to low pay and the stagnant response that I received from the lead/manager.

Customer Service Profressional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was super easy. The online test assessment was a tad more difficult. The customer service online test was fairly easy. This might be because I have a background in customer service.

Interview Questions

• What was an unpopular thing you've said to someone, co-worker...fellow employee?   Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

The entire process took 65 days. I had a phone interview a week after submitting my application, 2 weeks later I had a face to face. I was told I would hear back in about 2 weeks, 5 weeks later I sent an email for an update from the hiring manager. I received a response stating the process was not finalized. I was given the recruiter's name and phone number to follow up, the number I was given was inaccurate. A week later I left a message but did not have my call returned, one day later I received a rejection email.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Laid back, interviewer told me a lot about the company and what he does, asked me some questions about my extracurricular activities, my interests, and general info. Interviewer was a financial advisor and was very friendly, had a good conversation, no technical questions. Interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

I talked with the employer at a job fair. They called me later that night to schedule a face-to-face interview the following day. About 3 weeks later that contacted me to schedule a follow up interview at company headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions e.g. What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was easy and simple.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Held at the job fair for private colleges I attended. Lasted about 30 minutes between two HR workers. Pretty laid back basic HR type questions, nothing too specific relating to Finance except examples of materials and projects that came to find that could be used and called experiences. One worker was the leader of the program for interns and the other worked directly in the Finance department.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied through Indeed. I then received and email from Sarah in Minnesota to schedule a phone interview. She responded quickly to my email with my available times. The next day we spoke for about 30 minutes. There were no difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• It was disappointing when the foundation of professionalism that had been built disintegrated. Three days after the interview, I received the rejection email. However, it was not from Sarah. It was a canned rejection email from Brassring. It was very general as if no one ever looked at my resume or had any contact with me at all. It was insulting and very unprofessional. I had given her 30 minutes of my time, and she couldn't take 90 seconds to send a quick email. This would make me think twice about trusting any investments with Ameriprise.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Was asked to tell them about me, and a few situational questions. The manager was 15 minutes late getting to the interview, and seemed to have zero interest in conducting the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is something you can improve on?   1 Answer

Financial Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2015.

Interview

I was reached out to by an HR generalist that started the process. Consisted of 2 phone interviews and then 1 with the hiring manager. The final step would have been an in-person at the location. The first 3 steps went very quickly, but then I had to continue to follow up for a status with HR to see if I needed to make plans with my work schedule to fly to Las Vegas for the in-person, which I was never offered. The "decline decision" came 2 hrs after I called the hiring manager to follow up after not hearing from HR for 2 weeks. The decline was based on another candidate having more managerial experience, but they did offer me a job as an FA in the AAC in Las Vegas, to which I was not interested in an out of pocket re-location for a lateral move. There were 2 positions open and 1 was filled internally.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of in your career?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you coached a team member.   1 Answer
    • What do you think the most difficult part of this transition will be for you?   1 Answer
    • How are you performing in your current role/what does your activity look like? (Better have a breakdown of how many dials/contacts/appointments set/ deals closed)   1 Answer