Ameriprise

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Ameriprise in July 2014.

Casual yet thorough. Very much a chat vs. probe. Conversational tone. Interviewer was knowledgeable and calm, self-assured. Office appearance friendly and inviting particularly important for potential clients.

Interview Questions
    • Crystal ball: where do you see yourself in ten years?   View Answer

New Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise in July 2014.

Initial phone screening then in person interview. Once past that I had to prepare a 30 minute ppt presentation and present to a group of other recently hired New Advisors. Final interview by phone with Regional VP before being offered a position or decline.

Interview Questions
    • The number crunching on the ppt took a bit of thinking and I have never had to do so much 'homework' for a job interview!   View Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise.

The interview consisted mainly of Behavior Based Interview questions. I interviewed with 3 Senior Vice Presidents. I was a strong internal candidate for the position. Each interview was about 30 minutes in length.

Senior BSA Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise.

1 interview only. I was asked about Behavioral and situational type of questions. What if and how to scenarios were asked and I was asked to provide some examples of those situations

I got the salary range that I had expected and I was contented with my salary.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview with corporate reviewer, interview with regional manager, interview with employing advisor

Interview Questions
    • How have your education and experience prepared you for a position in this field?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise.

I met an Ameriprise representative at a job fair. Got first round interview the next day and second round interview in the office the following Friday. And then it took a week to receive an offer from HR on the phone. All the employees I met were friendly and approachable.

Interview Questions
    • All behavior questions in first round. A mix of behavior and technical questions in the second round.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Was informed of the interview via email. Met with office manager and para-planner. Did a resume review and then some behavioral questions. Completed a mock proofing and editing of financial statements and summaries. Was not difficult

Interview Questions
    • Really ask about each experience on resume. Must be prepared to deal with deeper questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ameriprise.

Was hired through previous intern.

Financial Planner Intern Interview

I applied through my college career website and got a call the next day after submitting my resume. The interviewer mostly asked general questions about skills, future career goals, and my class schedule. He didn't seem to be too prepared with questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ameriprise in January 2014.

Very basic interview. Basically looked for an interest in the markets and working with people. No technical questions or case studies, more into looking to see what I was interested in and if I had any aspirations to continue in this field. They asked me a few questions about my resume, where I grew up, and if I had any hobbies etc.