Ameriprise Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.7

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

Sat with group of candidates and went through testing separately, listened to phone calls, individuals who passed customer service test were called into separate room. Spoke to hiring manager and was presented with 8 behavioral questions

Actuary Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

Phone interview was very short and straight forward. Flew me out for the day. Interview was nice. There were some technical questions. But mostly just meeting and checking out the city and having lunch.

Interview Questions

• How can you use your people skills to manipulate situations?   Answer Question

Not the right location

Business Management(TPAG) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

I talked with the recruiters and a currently employee in the LDP program during my career fair. Applied online through my college's website and on Ameriprise. Was invited in for a first round on campus interview, there was a pre-interview reception the night before. Very helpful to attend, you can ask questions and get to know the people who will be interviewing you the next day. Make sure you leave a good impression on everyone there. First round consisted of 2 30 min interview. I had an interview with a VP and another manager. Got invited in for 2nd round on site. It was a 9-2 event, with 2 30 min interview again. Most of the same questions. The day included a scavenger hunt, a panel discussion with current LDP people and just generally meeting the people and touring the facility. Gives you a good look at the culture of Ameriprise. Nothing too difficult, not many technical questions, more behavioral and fit.

Interview Questions

• If you were to sell Ameriprise to a friend what would be 2 key selling points?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Bloomington, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Great, team on the franchise and corporate side. They are looking for people who look very professional in appearance as well as demeanor. Questions included those focused on professionalism, strengths, weaknesses, interests in the field, knowledge of the company, displaying leadership skills, team oriented, commitment level, education, and adaptability.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were around hypothetical situations and how you were able to adapt, react, and prepare. Very important to show that you are proactive, organized, prepared, and have a wealth of knowledge of the company and how interacts internally and externally.   Answer Question

Other opportunity came about everyone was very nice and professional. Great opportunity if you like fast pace and have an avid interest in the financial field. Awesome choice for the right candidate and the right fit.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Campbell, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I hour one on one interview with the branch manager. First I thought it was a group interview. So i was not mentally prepared. The interview went well. My intention was to find out more about the company.

Interview Questions

• How many friends and people can you contact?   1 Answer

Open Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about the position then was contacted with a location and name for the interview. Went to a panel-type interview with two people with one person mostly asking the questions and the other chiming in every now and then.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult was a language barrier at first with the person who shepherd me interview location then the main questioner arrived and took over. The unexpected aspect was that the main questioner seemed very tired and I was not at my best having rushed to the interview.   1 Answer

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ameriprise in August 2014.

Interview

It was quick, I was hired within a week. It was just a simple interview between the advisor and I. There was more follow up with HR than the actual advisor. I got a call for an interview, and was offered a week later the exact day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

Phone screening from recruiter, then asked to come in and interview with 3 different HR VP's. I had 3 different interviews, one with each person. I had to wait about 2 months to hear anything and it was only after I called back. Their hiring process takes very long. I did accept the job but was extremely unhappy. It was disturbing to me that I worked in HR but found HR sets the rules but the rules didn't always apply to everyone. Very unethical situations occurred and I finally left company for another company where people are honest and friendly, which is key for me. I want to feel good about the company I work for.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you failed and what you did to rectify the situation. I found it interesting that they used the word 'fail' but found later that they were very negative people and always looking for the negative rather than the positive.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation - either accept the salary offer or not.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Bloomfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise (West Bloomfield, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

Had an initial resume and application review. Was asked to move on to a phone interview, which went extremely well. I was then asked to take a behavioral and cognitive online exam that took 1.5 hours. They then were non-responsive for over a month and simply sent an email stating they were moving forward with other applicants. I found this rather unprofessional as I was interviewing with Merrill Lynch and Edward Jones which are better companies and both had the same exams which I was moved along within a week. I am not trying to complain but I have Juris Doctorate and was overqualified for the position. Oh well there loss and Merrill's gain!

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be successful in this industry?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Sacramento, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Casual yet thorough. Very much a chat vs. probe. Conversational tone. Interviewer was knowledgeable and calm, self-assured. Office appearance friendly and inviting particularly important for potential clients.

Interview Questions

• Crystal ball: where do you see yourself in ten years?   1 Answer