Ameriprise

117 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Advisor - In Training Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in July 2012.

Interview Details – Consisted of 2 phone interviews, 2 assessments, and in person interview. After applying online at the career website I recieved a call from a recruiter that was 30 minutes long. After the call received via email the assessments. About 2-3 days after I was contacted by another recruiter for phone interview that consisted of behavioral q's and a "getting to know me". The in-person interview was at headquarters in downtown Mpls. This interview was a formal interview that consisted of behavioral questions, random questions, a conversation about past/history regarding resume, a mock-phone trial, a benefit's review, and a Q & A.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you realized a flaw about yourself while in a group setting. What did you do to adapt to the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Your salary is dependant on you alone, and exceptional candidates shouldn't be worried about the initial offer cause you can very well surpass the minimum your first year.

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Campbell, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend of my boss, whome I've met at the job fair.
I've had 3 interviews with 3 different advisors that I was going to be working for.
I've researched the company as a whole and each of the financial advisors on the main website, which gave me enough info for all 3 of my interviews.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't know how to negotiate, knowing that this is my first office job so I didn't. I suggest knowing what you are worth would help to negotiate a better compensation plan and asking how you can advance in your position.

Paraplanner Interview

Paraplanner
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ameriprise in July 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone conversation followed by a scheduled "in person" meeting. Several emails were exchanged to determine eligibility, background check, etc. Two more "in person," meetings/interviews to finalize offer and discuss income/benefits, etc.

Interview Questions

• Ability to start immediately.   View Answer
  • Willingness to fore-go income for "bonus structure," that brought me close to my desired income.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told I would receive what I requested and felt was reasonable compesation. Nine months later, that hasn't exactly happened. The PTO/vacation package was almost a deal breaker.

Manager Interview

Manager
Minneapolis, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at Ameriprise in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of the usual behavioral questions. These questions ask questions about "what you would do" vs. what did you do. The interview was easy, but the competition was intense.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation of an employee stealing money?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Las Vegas, NV

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in February 2012.

Interview Details – The process consisted of multiple interviews with individuals from human resources as well managers. Additionally, there was a competence test. The process took approximately two weeks to complete, but the process was very professional and organized. The interviewers were timely and kept to an agenda. The whole process was very open with a positive feeling. In fact, the interview process provided confidence in my decision to accept the position.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you had to go above and beyond your role's responsibilities.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Syracuse, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Ameriprise in May 2010.

Interview Details – i found the job on the school's career website, email the office manager my resume. he called me back for an interview. ask some simple behavior questions. and then he offered the job on the spot

Interview Question – why do you choose finance major   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ameriprise in January 2012.

Interview Details – I first had two phone interviews followed by a personality/skills/IQ test, then i had a in person interview with a manager that was about two years older than myself, very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Too much sales, wanted more of an analysis position.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ameriprise in September 2011.

Interview Details – onsite interview with hiring manager and another crossfucntional manager

Interview Question – reason for quitting current job   Answer Question

Financial Advisor In Training Interview

Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ameriprise in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, received an email with a link to a personality test. After passing this test I was called and asked to come in and complete a cognitive skills test. You need to get something like 9/18 right to move on. This sounds easy but it does eliminate candidates. After passing I had a half hour phone interview and was asked to come to their final round interview day. This day was 100% professional from beginning to end! It included presentations, benefit overview and a final interview with a sales manager. I received a call the next week and was offered a position which I will be accepting. I highly recommend checking this company out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating. Base salary is fairly low but with incentives you can make more than the average entry level job.

Intern Interview

Intern
San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Ameriprise in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was all behavioral. I showed up on site to the company and she took me into an office and sat down with me one on one. They generally look for an interns to stay for at least a year but they only stay for about a semester. The lady just asked me to walk her through my resume. They are particularly interested if you have experience in insurance.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question