Ameriprise

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.6

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ameriprise.

Many lunches and dinners. Bring your numbers.

Bank Position.

Customer Contact Pro Interview

There is an initial call from a recruiter expalining the basics of the job. Then there is an Computer Assessment. After that if you pass you interview with a department manager. Then you should get a reply if you were hired by the end of the week.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had a conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ameriprise in February 2013.

The Franchise Owner will be conducting the interview but will have three other people in the interview as well. the franchise owner does most of the speaking but the others are there in case they have any questions or feel as if the franchise owner has forgotten something.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty typical. Name a weakness, tell us about your experience/qualifications, etc.   View Answer
    Tough. He was only wanting to pay me $30,000 even though I had a college degree. I was currently making $32,000 at my prior job and said that since I had gained experience I was looking for more money, I was looking for $37,000. He said he would start me at my current rate of 32k and move me to 34k after my probationary period. He said he couldn't do 37k at the time but after I had been there a year he could. He followed through with the 34k but when I asked to see if I was still on track for the 37k he acted like he never offered that in the first place. I strongly suggest you get everything in writing before you accept the offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ameriprise in January 2013.

Submitted resume online and received email a few days later asking for me to call in and set up phone interview. I did so, but to only have the HR person do the phone screening then and there. It was fine for me as I called when I didn't have anything pressing, but would like be different if you're at your current work etc.

Questions were basic HR stuff "Tell me more about your work experience", "Do you know how to use Excel/Access".

Phone call was going fine until HR asked me my salary requirements and I gave her a "higher than this" number. Then there was an awkward pause and she revealed "This position only pays between 45K-50K, are you still set on your original salary requirement?"

Personally, the amount they were willing to pay is less than what I made coming out of college so I told her the salary was non-negotiable and we ended our call there, but if the amount is something you can work with then by all means use my review as your negotiation tool ;).

Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Ameriprise in January 2013.

I was first called and was told they wanted to do a phone interview before the in person interview. They asked me a few questions, such as "Why do you want to work here?" and "What is your availability?"

About a week later I was contacted by the district manager telling me that a manager was going to call me about setting up an in person interview. The next day the manager called and set up an interview.

3 days following the interview, I was offered the position through email.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult co-worker."   Answer Question
    • "Why do you want to work at H and R Block?"   Answer Question
    • "We started hiring for this position awhile ago, why did you apply now?   Answer Question
    I was emailed an offer letter including the location and the pay. I could either accept or decline the offer.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise.

There was a math part, a personality test, then a phone interview.

non negotiable

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview was casual and asked typical interview questions. Ended on a difficult brain teaser however.

Interview Questions
    • Was a brain teaser but just thought about it and figured it out.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise in October 2012.

I heard about the job through university career services website and job fair. Laid back initial interview with behavioral based questions. I was invited back to Minneapolis to visit HQ, and spent about a day touring and interviewing with other student candidates from around the midwest. The interview on site consisted of more behavioral based questions and a mock sales phone call. Great building, great people, but a SALES job. Very competitive and results-driven.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to convince somebody superior to you of your idea or opinion.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise in September 2012.

Standard submissions of resume, etc. Application will be screened by HR prior to reaching the hiring manager. Interview focused on results you have driven in the past and how you work with cross functional teams.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most frustrating aspect of your current position?   Answer Question

Interest Rate Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ameriprise in July 2012.

About three days after submitting my application, I got a call from a recruiter to set up a phone interview with a manager.
    The interview with the manager went well I think. However I told the manager I had not yet completed my dissertation and his recommendation was that I complete it before I start working. The manager was nice and friendly.
    Most if not all of the questions were based on what I told the manager.