Ameriprise Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ameriprise (Wellesley, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very basic interview. Basically looked for an interest in the markets and working with people. No technical questions or case studies, more into looking to see what I was interested in and if I had any aspirations to continue in this field. They asked me a few questions about my resume, where I grew up, and if I had any hobbies etc.

Financial Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ameriprise (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed and straightforward. The interview questions were all behavioral and tested your interest in working at the firm. Very standard interview questions. Interview lasted around 20 minutes.

Negotiation

Intern salary was set. No negotiation.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ameriprise (Erie, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

Met with the tax supervisor, you talked about the job, and your experiences, he then got to know you better, he then told you about the job and if you were still interested in pursuing the job after he told you what you would be doing. the interview was very laid back which was reassuring.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise (Boston, MA).

Interview

Standard interview process with phone interview and typical questions for a college student looking for school-year internship. Seemed more concerned with my availability during the week. This was a for-credit internship so it was important I was able to offer enough hours during the 9-5 weekday work hours. Overall good learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us over another financial services firm?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

looked at production, and U4 form. Met for lunch and chatted...informal

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your production in 5 years? We don't know what the stock market is going to do, so this is difficult to predict   1 Answer

Negotiation

no, but I should have done it...my partner did and he got a better package

Interview

In campus Interview, all behavior questions: why Ameriprise? what is you strength? How did you deal with the pressure. What is your greatest achievement so far? etc

Finance Intern Interview

Interview

They held a reception the night before to get to know the interviewers. The interview was an hour long with two 30 minute sections with two different interviewers.

Business Systems Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

Recieved a call for a phone interview about 4 or 5 days after applying online. Phone interview scheduled, and the HR recruiter was 30 minutes late (which is frustrating as I am currently employed and needed to reserve a conference room). Phone interview went really well, despite the HR recruiter's lateness.

Contacted via phone about a week later, asking for an in-person interview. Met with the hiring manager and one of her associates. Interview went well, mostly STAR questions, but they were quite difficut -- lots of questions about ethics, which I did not expect for this interview.

Was told the recruiter would let me know within a week. Never heard back. Very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were asked to do something unethical.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ameriprise in October 2013.

Interview

Long 6 face to face/phone interviews met various managers and execs. All interviews lasted approx one hour. There we're follow ups as well that took additional time. There were also skill and personality tests that took 3 hours each I recall. It was a bit much.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

Great place to work for, people are very nice and respect

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation