Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Ameriprise
- Financial Advisor (38)
- Intern (19)
- Business Analyst (7)
- Client Service Coordinator (6)
- Paraplanner (5)
- Manager (4)
- Financial Analyst (4)
- Financial Advisor In Training (3)
- Finance (3)
- Customer Contact Professional (3)
- Analyst (2)
- Administrative Assistant (2)
- Associate Financial Advisor (2)
- Advisor (2)
- Advisor Assistant (2)
- Financial Advisor Trainee (2)
- Business Systems Analyst II (2)
- Director (2)
- Executive Assistant (1)
- Financial Sales Leader (1)
- Financial Services (1)
- Financial Advisor - Inside Sales (1)
- Customer Contact Pro (1)
- Financial Advisor - In Training (1)
- Interest Rate Quantitative Analyst (1)
- Tax (1)
- Financial Planning Assistant (1)
- Financial Planner Intern (1)
- Senior Claims Adjuster (1)
- Senior Auditor (1)
I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2012.
Phone screen and numerous in-person inteviews
- The tedious --- tell me about a time -- type formulaic questions 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
It was apparent that the culture was not personal, friendly or team-centered.
Other Interview Reviews for Ameriprise
Manager InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2011.
The interview process consisted of the usual behavioral questions. These questions ask questions about "what you would do" vs. what did you do. The interview was easy, but the competition was intense.
- How would you handle a situation of an employee stealing money? Answer Question
Manager InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2011.
Immediate face-to-face interview with two Directors, separately. Treated very well. Good people.
- What is your best description of capital. Answer Question
Manager InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise in September 2011.
Phone interview happened right away with recruiter. Asked basic questions about background and job needs. 1:1 interview was entirely behavior based questions. "Tell me about a time....". Very slow to call back after 1:1 with next steps. You will have to make some calls yourself if you want to learn more about your status.
- Tell me about a time when you had work on multiple project. How did you prioritze them and what were your results? Answer Question