Ameriprise

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ameriprise in June 2011.

Interview Details – Went through three interviews, checked past employment history which included working at another major wallstreet firm. I then was brought on for a 3 month probationary period which was over 2 years ago.

Interview Question – Probably whats the most difficult situation you've had at a past job and how did you successfully navigate through it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We're willing to hire you and take you on a a temp to hire assuming you do well in the 3 month probationary period.

Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ameriprise in July 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone conversation followed by a scheduled "in person" meeting. Several emails were exchanged to determine eligibility, background check, etc. Two more "in person," meetings/interviews to finalize offer and discuss income/benefits, etc.

Interview Questions

• Ability to start immediately.   View Answer
  • Willingness to fore-go income for "bonus structure," that brought me close to my desired income.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told I would receive what I requested and felt was reasonable compesation. Nine months later, that hasn't exactly happened. The PTO/vacation package was almost a deal breaker.

Naperville, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ameriprise in September 2008.

Interview Details – Very in depth phone interview lasted at least 30min. Basically just wanted to feel you out. Said they would contact you if they wanted to interview you in person.

4 days later recieved word that they would like me to interview in person.

In person interview was basically just to make sure you looked the part very similar to phone interview.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in Financial Planning.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Arden Hills, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ameriprise in September 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was very smooth. We first had a phone interview for about and hour and then met the next morning. The second interview, which was the first face to face interview, was about 2 hours long. It consisted of talking about my skills as well as just myself and getting a feel for each other. Then I had a third interview with the business partner. This was more so he could get a feel for me, my personality, than about skills, etc.

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary. All of the benefits offered were very satisfactory, so there was no need to discuss those.

Worked for Ameriprise? Contribute to the Community!