Ameriprise

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ameriprise in May 2011.

Typical online application process. Short phone interview. On site interview with two interviewers. Very pleasant and engaging. Seemed enthusiastic about their jobs. One interviewer had huge visible tatoos on her arm which seemed really unprofessional in an interview situation. Interview went very well. I felt confident until the close. The interviewer stated that "creative" people don't usually perform well in this position. I have some creative positions in my background from 10 years ago. I felt it was unprofessional for her to actually verbalize that in an interview situation, whether she felt it to be true or not. She seemed to be a seasoned interviewer and should have known better.
    The questions were very typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were asked to go outside of integrity?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and what did you do?   Answer Question