Ameriprise

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Registered Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ameriprise in April 2010.

I was impressed by the interview. Not only did I have the opportunity to meet some of the people with whom I would be working but the "Branch Manager" came in to say hello as well as the District Manager….

I had time to speak to the advisors that I was going to support, and boy did they snow me….
I guess that's why they have such good sales skills….

Interview Questions
  • Frankly I don't remember any difficult questions. … I was expecting them, from previous interviews in this industry…. but looking back it is no surprise… They were just looking for a paper pusher, not a true sales assistant… they don't care how much experience or interest one has in this industry… it's just about how much paperwork can get pushed through.   Answer Question
I was told that there would be additional "cut-in" money provided by the advisors that I support…. that has turned out to be a bust…. I was told that the "cut-ins" and the proposed salary would exceed what I was making in the job I was leaving…. so the salary compensation package sounded acceptable to me…. not the reality….