AmerisourceBergen Account Representative Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AmerisourceBergen in October 2010.

Interview

Phone interview from HR that consisted of stock “tell me about a time that” type questions. The questions were obviously preconceived as I found it difficult to establish rapport with the interviewer. I actually thought the phone interview was the worst I had ever had. Surprisingly I was called about two weeks later for a face- to-face interview with sales VP and an operations director. This interview went very well. I recall thinking that the interview questions were strategic in nature. About a week later I was interviewing with the hiring manager. I had two face to face interviews with him. The questions were all written and again of the type that asks "tell me about a time that..." These last two interviews lasted over three hours and seemed to go on ad-nausium. Shortly after the last interview I received a call from the HR interviewer to answer personal questions on-line, was sent for drug tests, and within a few days an offer was made. Salary and commission was never brought up during the interview process. As the base salary was under $60K and first year commission was about $12K I declined the offer. They also required that I sign a very tight no-compete clause that would have kept me out of all hospitals in my geography for one year. Company car was offered with an $80 per month charge for use of the car.

Interview Questions

money, tight no compete clause