AmerisourceBergen

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AmerisourceBergen.

The interview process was long and included two phone interviews and two office interviews. It was difficult to get a handle on who the actual hiring deciesion belonged to.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questioning technique was used by one in person interviewer as he had no idea what the job that i was interviewing for detailed requirements were. This interviewer ultimately was not in the same work area but interviewed me anyway. He quieried my past experience in a technical area.   View Answer
    This was done by an outside company as a recruited position

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AmerisourceBergen.

Your first interview will be on the phone as most are now a days, wanting to know how your past experience fits their needs. The in person interview will be with two members of management probably at the same time the Director and the night Manager. They will us a structured format asking question off the form and taking notes.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer mostly situational questions such as tell me about a time you had to use your management skills to defuse a confrontation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Phone interview- Was interviewed by two Managers over the phone to get a good feel if I was fit for the company. Was not a difficult interview, it was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to work here? Tell me about yourself?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied online – interviewed at AmerisourceBergen in November 2014.

It was good. Very helpful no complaints asked great questions. I would recommend this job. Great tone very professional. She asked me to come in for a interview. Also asked what hours were I looking to work.

It was good

Order Filler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AmerisourceBergen.

Applied on- line on their site. In a day or two got a phone call that i did not answer, so they left a voice message and an e-mail that they want to do a phone interview with me. Si I scheduled one. The phone interview was 100% typical HR thing. First they introduce the company briefly and then ask some typical questions - can u work in a team?, give an example u handled frustrated customer?, How do u treat problematic and troublesome colleagues?, They pass through your previous employers and ask about your responsibilities there?, Why do you want to leave your current job and why did u choose their company?, What do u think will be your contribution to the company once u enter it? and etc.
    After that you have to wait a day or two so if u passed u get appointment for another onsite interview with the supervisor in charge there.
    The interview on site is not much different than the one on the phone - it is more responsibilities related as they explain to u what u are supposed to do, I got not HR questions what so ever, just a tiny winy discussion on my current employer. My interview ended pretty quickly the moment salary was mentioned - 11.20 for regular shift, 11.80 for night shift. That wage can not offset my current salary and as I was told it is non negotiable so I said I am not interested. Out of courtesy we kept on our discussion for a couple of minutes - benefits for the company are really good - medical, dental 401 K plan - really better than my current ones, u get 20 vacation days but there is a catch every time you are sick or need personal day off it is taken from them, they offer some kind of incentive that if u save the company 2 hours of work it will pay u one of those hours extra, but as the time to pick up order is like 8 seconds on an item it is almost impossible to make real money out of it, the company is union based so u must calculate union payment on every check - i do not know how much that is, there is 30 minutes break, 90 days probation period. They seemed to me to be in a desperate need of employees which is not surprising considering that the pay is really low in comparison of their demands. I read from glassdoor that Amerisorce employees get plenty of overtime and that was the main reason for me to apply as i want to switch my two jobs for one but i was told during the interview that there will be limited overtime, so it is either things changed, I was not told the truth during the interview or the reviews are wrong. My personal advice is if u want to do such a job and are ready to be treated like a working dog u better go to Kroger warehouse where the pay at least starts from 13.50 otherwise it sucks as well but u can swallow that if u really need money.

Interview Questions
    • What is your current salary - I did not know whether I should tell them the truth or not, but as it turns out it did not matter as their salary was non negotiable.   Answer Question

Their wage is not better than my current one.They should have told me during the phone interview it was going to save us a lot of time.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AmerisourceBergen.

I applied online and I would like to say the process is over, but they still have not given a final determination.

After I applied online, I received an email for an interview with HR. This was painless we reviewed my resume and she evaluated me for the level of position I was applying for. She told me in the interview I was to be advanced to next level.

A week later I received an email telling me that a Sr. Manager would like to speak with me the next morning. [Okay, I was very interested in the position, but really if someone is a professional in the field do they really call at the end of the day and expect a candidate to take a call the next morning?]
    That aside I quickly rearranged my AM schedule at work and took the call.

This meeting delved more into what I could offer the company, why I was applying and why I wanted to leave my current employer. At the end of the call she said she would like to move me to a panel interview.

Two weeks later, I finally received an invite for a 2 part panel interview. They wanted to have the panel interview the next day! I declined, as I was out of town on business. We set the interview for the day I came back. This was to be a 4 person panel interview, but only 2 were available. I went to the interview, more of the same questions -- how would you handle people, how do you handle stress.

I was then moved on to interview with the Hiring Manager. This interview was short with the topic of are you a fit for us. She said I was more than qualified and asked if the team size and responsibilities were to my liking. I said yes, She said they would get back to me on the next day, Tuesday, with their decision.

On Wednesday, I got an email stating that the HR person was not able to attend the 4 person panel interview and would like to interview me. I was asked to pick times that I was available that week. I gave times for Wed, Th and Fri. All of my available times were declined; we settled on Tuesday of the next week.

We met and I answered more of the same questions. Are you a fit, how would you handle a difficult team member. I asked when I would hear back and HR said by the end of the week.

Well three weeks later still no response. I have emailed the recruiter.
    She apologized for not getting back with me and set up a meet date for feedback. That day and time came and went. I understand I do not have the job, but after 5 interviews and me rearranging my schedule they should at least send a 'dear thanks but no thanks letter.' Very disappointing.
    Be warned that if you apply your time and effort will not be respected.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly situational questions. They wanted to know how a manager would handle dealing with the staff. Typical questions.   Answer Question

Benefit Verification Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AmerisourceBergen in October 2014.

Great experience. I was asked a series a behaviour situation question. Interviewed lasted about 30 minutes and questions were fairly easy. Comfortable surrounding and beautiful building. The interviewer made me feel at ease and had a very nice personality

Applications Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AmerisourceBergen.

Applied Online. Received a call from HR within a couple of days. Phone screen setup with hiring manager. I was told on the phone that the wrong job description had been posted. I found that to be very strange. 2 weeks later, I was brought in for what I thought would be a face to face interview. I met the manager and was brought into an office. I was told to fill out a word document with skill assessment questions, an Excel spreadsheet and create a Power Point presentation. No interaction with the hiring manager. No questions. Nothing except to fill out the document. I was not given enough time to complete due to being sent to the wrong building initially and having to wait for the hiring manager another 10 minutes. I felt I was nothing more than a check box in the process. I felt what a waste of time.d

Interview Questions
    • Create a Pivot table and graph in Excel. Most unexpected. Never had to sit down at a laptop for an interview and perform such a mundane task. No questions about Project Management.   Answer Question

I felt I was a cog more than a person to this company. I also felt that the hiring manager wanted me to do all the work and take all of the credit. Kept on telling me about his vision and how I was supposed to figure it all out.

Human Resources Interview

I was contacted the day after I applied online via phone. We scheduled a date and time for my phone screen with a Sr. Recruiter. The day and time came and went. I followed up with the Recruitment Coordinator and she said she would follow up with the Sr. Recruiter. I never heard back. I thought it was very unprofessional and showed they do not care about their candidates.

Telehealth Educator Interview

behavioral type questions using star method; dealing with time management; co worker conflict and implementing changes; behavioral type questions using star method; dealing with time management; co worker conflict and implementing changes

yes 2 weeks