AmerisourceBergen Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen.

Interview

Applied online, and received a call approximately two weeks later to schedule phone interview. The scheduler was friendly and personable. The recruiter who called to conduct the interview on the other hand was not. It was an awkward call, beginning with the recruiter not even knowing how to properly pronounce the name of the city where the job is, and followed with far too much dead air between questions. The questions seemed to be geared more towards an agent role than that of a supervisor. At the end of the questions the recruiter stated the salary range for the role, $16 - $19/hr, which had me question if that was for the correct position. The agents at my last two companies earned more than that as a starting salary. She confirmed it was for the correct position. I withdrew my application at that point, as it is considerably less than market average, and substantially less than any supervisor position I have ever held.

Interview Questions

• How many orders do you process in a typical day?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (Chesterbrook, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

I completed the online application and used a recruiter. An HR representative was supposed to contact me to schedule a 30 minute phone interview with two managers. However the first manager called me with no advanced warning and just started asking technical questions. This interview lasted about 30 minutes and consisted of mostly technical EDI questions. It was often difficult to hear and fully understand what he was saying. Then the recruiter contacted me to schedule another 30 minute phone interview with another manager (pushed to do this interview while I was on vacation). This interview consisted of mostly asking questions about managing people and how I dealt with employees who had to be placed on a performance improvement process. I felt this interview of 30 minutes was too short and I didn't get to ask my questions. I also felt that this position may not be what I expected and would mainly be managing application developers with very minimal interaction with other employees and customers (mainly help desk tickets); however there was not enough time during these 2 phone interviews to fully determine if this was what the position entailed. I was told it would take another couple of weeks to hear something. I have yet to hear anything back from either the recruiter or AmerisourceBergen.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have to place an employee on a performance improvement process and how did it go?   1 Answer

Inventory Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen in July 2015.

Interview

Iam very outgoing I work hard learn fast I use to work for my mom store about 5 years doing inventory for her store and I worked for basic research here in salt lake for 6 months doing inventory and packaging

Team Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (Frisco, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a phone screening, then a 1:1 interview with the hiring managers in which one was not there and the other one was late to start due to prior interview ran over.

Interview Questions

• They don't ask normal questions like your strengths and weaknesses. They ask questions like, tell me a time you had an issue with your coworkers and how did you handle or resolved the issue?   2 Answers

Pharmacy Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (Frisco, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call in few days. Showed up for the interview to meet a panel of stubborn and rude professionals. They started asking questions like tell us what do you know about ABC, tell us what do you know about Speciality Group. Luckily I had done all the legwork and I was able to confidently answer questions. They asked 25+ situational questions and if I answered that I never came across a particular situation, they frowned. I am brown skin and have a mild (not thick) accent and it distinctly came to my notice they did were not welcoming and receiving to my accent. They did not ask any questions on my past experience. Neither were they interested in my skills nor experience. Too much cold shoulders. To me it sounded as if they had made up their mind to hire someone out of referral and were just conducting these interviews for HR check marks. Overall it sounded too bureaucratic and red tape. Interviewing managers lacked basic etiquettes. Sneezing without a hand kerchiefs, frowning on answers, no smiles when greeting. Lucky I'm not a part of this circus they put up there.

Interview Questions

• Too many situational questions as if they are interviewing for a CEO   1 Answer

Chargebacks Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thorofare, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (Thorofare, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Made a scheduled interview. They call the day before and want the interview bumped up. The next day I interview. I was asked by the hiring mgr why I did not apply for a total different job with sallie mae. At the end I did not even get walked out of the building. I was giving directions on how to exit the building.

Administrative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (Conshohocken, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was pleasant, typical phone screen questions. They seemed interested. I was called back for a first round. I met with two people that I would be supporting. I felt rushed, they were constantly looking around the common place we were intervening in. The second person had me sit at a table in the cafeteria area with her. It was distracting and people were walking by and asking her questions. I appreciate the attempt for a laid back "atmosphere" but it was highly unprofessional and I don't even think she listened to the majority of my answers, and even pronounced my name incorrectly two times.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (Frisco, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I had four rounds of interviews (each with a different person) for the position over a course of two weeks. Though it was a long drawn out process it was actually a pleasant experience and appreciate the thoroughness.

Interview Questions

• in a stressful situation, what would be your way of handling the problems   Answer Question

Reimbursement Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen.

Interview

The interview process was consisted of a group interview with three other people. There was two managers interviewing my group. One manager was in the conference room and the other one was interviewing us over the phone. Each manager took turns asking the interview questions and each interviewee got a chance to think and reflect on each other's answers before it was their turn.

Interview Questions

• The managers focused mostly on situational questions where most answers would provide them an insight on how you think and what you've experienced in past job opportunities.   Answer Question

Patient Case Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (Monroeville, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I was then contacted by a recruiter, who I set up a phone interview through with a talent acquisition specialist, after the phone interview I then set up a face to face interview with the manager of the department I was applying for. A few days later I was contacted with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something you do at your current job that does not apply here.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not wiggle room on the pay which I did not like. I still accepted the offer as-is.