Ameristar Casinos

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Banquets Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Council Bluffs, IA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Council Bluffs, IA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ameristar Casinos in October 2010.

Ameristar Casino at Council Bluffs Iowa Hosts a Job Fair every three month or so, to fill up the required open positions. I attended one of these fairs in beginning of October 2010. After filling up the application the recruiter first talked a little about Ameristar casino and later introduced us to to different managers of different departments for which we applied for. The managers off course went through our applications, and interviewed us in person. In my case i first met with Food and Beverage manager and later with Banquets manager. The questions i was asked were mostly regarding my previous job experience and education level, but also the questions about my overall personality. after F&B and Banquet managers agreed upon my hire i was given a list of errands to complete before the hire was official. First i had to fill out the application online so it was in the system; successfully complete a drug test, Obtain a necessary gaming license that allows me to work on casino property, and schedule for the orientation as well as other classes necessary to perform my job properly. when everything was completed the hiring process was finished and i was scheduled my first date to work in my department. After a month i met with my supervisor to talk about my experience at Ameristar. After 3 month i met with Food and Beverage Manager to talk about my experiences and expectations at the casino. Overall the hiring process was hard and demanding but for someone who is dedicated to the place he applies for from the very moment they step on its grounds, the interviewing process is a peace of cake.

Interview Questions
  • Who do you think is considered a guest on our property?   View Answer