Ameristar Casinos

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Gift Shop Attendant Interview

Council Bluffs, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ameristar Casinos in August 2009.

Interview Details – I went to a job fair (submitted application ahead of time), the job fair was a little overwhelming and the wait for anything was long. There was also a TON of paperwork. When you show up you let them know what job(s) you want to interview for. They can fill up, so make sure you put the one you want or are most qualified for first. As a tip: a lot of people show up with their kids or in unprofessional attire. I dressed up and got hired on the spot. Don't be shy, they are looking for people with confidence and good customer service/speaking skills.

Interview Question – There were some scenario questions, so be prepared for those types of questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not really any bargaining for pay or hours, they were hiring for something very specific. Be prepared for unpaid training if going for dealer school (it can even be full-time unpaid). Make sure you are available right away, they are usually looking for that. You also must pay for your own gaming license.

Casino Dealer Interview

Council Bluffs, IA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ameristar Casinos in January 2009.

Interview Details – i had worked at Ameristar Casino CB previously for 91/2 yrs so i applied online, had an interview with the Casino Manager (who knew me from prior employment there), went through all the hiring paper work, and was good to go. Advice for applicants; this IS the entertainment business. so if you are shy or withdrawn, this job probably isn't for you. if you are out-going and like people in general, you will probably love it (it will seem like easy money!)

Banquets Bartender Interview

Council Bluffs, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ameristar Casinos in October 2010.

Interview Details – Ameristar Casino at Council Bluffs Iowa Hosts a Job Fair every three month or so, to fill up the required open positions. I attended one of these fairs in beginning of October 2010. After filling up the application the recruiter first talked a little about Ameristar casino and later introduced us to to different managers of different departments for which we applied for. The managers off course went through our applications, and interviewed us in person. In my case i first met with Food and Beverage manager and later with Banquets manager. The questions i was asked were mostly regarding my previous job experience and education level, but also the questions about my overall personality. after F&B and Banquet managers agreed upon my hire i was given a list of errands to complete before the hire was official. First i had to fill out the application online so it was in the system; successfully complete a drug test, Obtain a necessary gaming license that allows me to work on casino property, and schedule for the orientation as well as other classes necessary to perform my job properly. when everything was completed the hiring process was finished and i was scheduled my first date to work in my department. After a month i met with my supervisor to talk about my experience at Ameristar. After 3 month i met with Food and Beverage Manager to talk about my experiences and expectations at the casino. Overall the hiring process was hard and demanding but for someone who is dedicated to the place he applies for from the very moment they step on its grounds, the interviewing process is a peace of cake.

Interview Question – Who do you think is considered a guest on our property?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ameristar Casinos? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ameristar Casinos interview questions and advice in Council Bluffs, IA. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ameristar Casinos employees and interview candidates.