Ameristar Casinos Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.7

EVS Porter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ameristar Casinos (East Chicago, IN).

Interview

Everyone had dressed very professional and some dressed casual. They would take you in a enormous room just for two people to do interview. In order to get hired by the casino, you must have at least three interviews before getting hired. You must dress in uniform to work on the vessel.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was able to work the grave yard shift? Because no one wanted to work that shift. They said that I would be trained for two weeks and it would be always someone there to help out with the floors and cleaning the restrooms. We were taught that the customer is always right and I think it was they didn't want anyone to complain about their vessel. That is so they would come back and spend their money on the vessel.   1 Answer

Hotel Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Kansas City, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

There was a group interview to help HR get an idea of who everyone was and what they brought to the table. They asked a lot of questions to break the ice and give everyone a chance to talk. If you are afraid of group interviews, just force yourself to talk. These aren't qualifying questions. They are just to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• At Ameristar, we only hire the best. Why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ameristar Casinos.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call pretty shortly after with a short phone interview. I was then asked to go to a group panel interview about two days later where all of the candidates I was competing against were also interviewed simultaneously. About a month later I got a call with a job offer.

Casino Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central City, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Central City, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Initially you are contact via email if you are qualified for a position; being the nature of the position and the amount of the employees, I would assume most people are contacted about their position. Next you self-schedule an interview on the Ameristar.careers webpage. The interview is quite tedious: first they use a panel interview with all the hotel management team, second they meet with each person individually as to whether or not to offer employment, third you meet with your department manager individually, and last you fill out your paperwork and the details of the position are provided. You can expect to be at the casino roughly 4+ hours for the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your greatest achievement in life?   Answer Question
    • Why would you want to work for Ameristar?   Answer Question
    • Provide an example of legendary service that you provided and where you received this service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You really are not offered a time for negotiation. The HR department goes over the position with you and then gives you the wage that is associated with the position.

Surveillance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Kansas City, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the HR director first over the phone followed by an One on one interview. He then passed along my resume to the surveillance department, who later set up a face to face With the director of surveillance, a manager, and the lead technician

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply for the position   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hours worked which worked out and i received a higher pay than originally asked for

Beverage Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ameristar Casinos.

Interview

Very easy process. 1 on 1 interview

Valet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Kansas City, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

I received they day after I applied and set up my interview for the next day. There was a short over-the-phone interview at that time. The next day my interview was about 45 minutes late but the actual interview was a wonderful three stage interview with different interviewers asking different questions. I felt that my character was well captured and appreciated throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• I had to take several day classes that clashed with my daily schedule were extremely inflexible. This was easily the worst part of the hiring process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Pay is set and equal for all employees sharing the same title.

Surveillance Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vicksburg, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Vicksburg, MS) in August 2013.

Interview

Had a quick interview at a job fair after I approached the director with my resume. I was being stonewalled by HR, and after speaking with the director, was under the impression I was the most qualified applicant he had since the position opened. I met the GM of the casino the same day.

Banquets Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Council Bluffs, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Council Bluffs, IA) in October 2010.

Interview

Ameristar Casino at Council Bluffs Iowa Hosts a Job Fair every three month or so, to fill up the required open positions. I attended one of these fairs in beginning of October 2010. After filling up the application the recruiter first talked a little about Ameristar casino and later introduced us to to different managers of different departments for which we applied for. The managers off course went through our applications, and interviewed us in person. In my case i first met with Food and Beverage manager and later with Banquets manager. The questions i was asked were mostly regarding my previous job experience and education level, but also the questions about my overall personality. after F&B and Banquet managers agreed upon my hire i was given a list of errands to complete before the hire was official. First i had to fill out the application online so it was in the system; successfully complete a drug test, Obtain a necessary gaming license that allows me to work on casino property, and schedule for the orientation as well as other classes necessary to perform my job properly. when everything was completed the hiring process was finished and i was scheduled my first date to work in my department. After a month i met with my supervisor to talk about my experience at Ameristar. After 3 month i met with Food and Beverage Manager to talk about my experiences and expectations at the casino. Overall the hiring process was hard and demanding but for someone who is dedicated to the place he applies for from the very moment they step on its grounds, the interviewing process is a peace of cake.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think is considered a guest on our property?   1 Answer

Associate Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Black Hawk, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Black Hawk, CO) in June 2010.

Interview

Ameristar interviewed me for a month before making an offer. The interviewing style was situational. I interviewed with Restaurant Managers, The F&B Director, and the GM. Ameristar does background and drug tests.