Ameristar Casinos Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.6

Cage Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Creve Coeur, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Creve Coeur, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

I was hired at a job fair, it was a 3-step process. The first was the preliminary interview to go over your work history and experience. If you pass that step, then you have a group Cultural Audition...this step is to get to know you and how you have reacted in different situations. And lastly, if you pass the CA, then you go and interview with the managers in the department in which you selected to work.

EVS Porter Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (East Chicago, IN).

Interview

Everyone had dressed very professional and some dressed casual. They would take you in a enormous room just for two people to do interview. In order to get hired by the casino, you must have at least three interviews before getting hired. You must dress in uniform to work on the vessel.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was able to work the grave yard shift? Because no one wanted to work that shift. They said that I would be trained for two weeks and it would be always someone there to help out with the floors and cleaning the restrooms. We were taught that the customer is always right and I think it was they didn't want anyone to complain about their vessel. That is so they would come back and spend their money on the vessel.   1 Answer

Hotel Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Kansas City, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

There was a group interview to help HR get an idea of who everyone was and what they brought to the table. They asked a lot of questions to break the ice and give everyone a chance to talk. If you are afraid of group interviews, just force yourself to talk. These aren't qualifying questions. They are just to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• At Ameristar, we only hire the best. Why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call pretty shortly after with a short phone interview. I was then asked to go to a group panel interview about two days later where all of the candidates I was competing against were also interviewed simultaneously. About a month later I got a call with a job offer.

Casino Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Central City, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Central City, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Initially you are contact via email if you are qualified for a position; being the nature of the position and the amount of the employees, I would assume most people are contacted about their position. Next you self-schedule an interview on the Ameristar.careers webpage. The interview is quite tedious: first they use a panel interview with all the hotel management team, second they meet with each person individually as to whether or not to offer employment, third you meet with your department manager individually, and last you fill out your paperwork and the details of the position are provided. You can expect to be at the casino roughly 4+ hours for the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your greatest achievement in life?   Answer Question
    • Why would you want to work for Ameristar?   Answer Question
    • Provide an example of legendary service that you provided and where you received this service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You really are not offered a time for negotiation. The HR department goes over the position with you and then gives you the wage that is associated with the position.

Casino Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Council Bluffs, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Council Bluffs, IA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and simple. I interviewed with three managers at one time. They made it very laid back and relaxed so it was not nerve racking. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a dispute between a dealer and guest?   Answer Question

Surveillance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Kansas City, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the HR director first over the phone followed by an One on one interview. He then passed along my resume to the surveillance department, who later set up a face to face With the director of surveillance, a manager, and the lead technician

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply for the position   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hours worked which worked out and i received a higher pay than originally asked for

Beverage Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos.

Interview

Very easy process. 1 on 1 interview

Valet Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Kansas City, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

I received they day after I applied and set up my interview for the next day. There was a short over-the-phone interview at that time. The next day my interview was about 45 minutes late but the actual interview was a wonderful three stage interview with different interviewers asking different questions. I felt that my character was well captured and appreciated throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• I had to take several day classes that clashed with my daily schedule were extremely inflexible. This was easily the worst part of the hiring process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Pay is set and equal for all employees sharing the same title.

Surveillance Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vicksburg, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Vicksburg, MS) in August 2013.

Interview

Had a quick interview at a job fair after I approached the director with my resume. I was being stonewalled by HR, and after speaking with the director, was under the impression I was the most qualified applicant he had since the position opened. I met the GM of the casino the same day.