Amerisure

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Loss Control Consultant Interview

Senior Loss Control Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amerisure.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews and then went to the office for a day of in person interviews with management from different departments.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where I encountered an obstacle and was not able to resolve it. What were your next moves?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Underwriting Interview

Underwriting

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amerisure in February 2012.

Interview Details – There were 3 sets of interviews. 1st two were over the phone with HR and management. Then there was an onsite inverview in the field office with several VPs of the company. This last one wasy an all day process and was very pleasant. An offer was made very quickly after that.

Interview Question – Specific questions on past experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They typically give their best offer up front but there is room for a little negotiation with logistics.

Very Difficult Interview

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Amerisure in July 2010.

Interview Details – I initially had a very positive phone interview with HR personnel in the home office. The interviewer asked questions relevant to the position and I was given the opportunity to describe in detail my experience and all previous employment applicable to the position. An email with a link to a personality/aptitude/IQ test was sent to me, which I completed. I apparently passed with no problem as an in-person interview was scheduled for the following week. In the interim, I refreshed my memory of the extensive details regarding the complex issues of the particular position. This was in vain, however, as I was asked no questions at the in-person interview to give me an opportunity to describe in detail my knowledge and work experience. Instead, I was asked "warm/fuzzy" questions about how I dealt with co-workers, clients, etc. in various situations. The obvious answers were "claims 101" however I was asked to think back on my numerous years experience for specific examples; not an easy task when you have handled thousands of claims over the years. A second interviewer came in to participate in the interview as well, and the process didn't get any easier. I actually started feeling as if I was being interrogated. The whole process made me have seconds thoughts about actually working with these individuals!

Interview Question – "Provide an example and details of a specific claim where you had difficulty with a claimant, insured, etc. and how you resolved it"; "provide an example and details of how you had to alter the planned course of action on a claim and what course of action was taken";   View Answers (2)

Worked for Amerisure? Contribute to the Community!