Ameritas Life Insurance Corp

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

1.5

Financial Advisor Interview

I was contacted by phone by a representative of the company. After a fairly brief phone interview, I was invited to come into their office for a formal interview. The interview took probably a half hour, during which they asked fairly standard questions. After that, I was invited to interview with another partner in the Omaha office. After that interview they asked me to fill out a list of all the people I know in the area, for potential clients. This is where I stopped the process because I wasn't interested in peddling goods to my friends and family.

Customer Service Representative (Provider Benefit Specialist) Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ameritas Life Insurance Corp in September 2013.

Very typical hiring process. The questions were easy and a quick google search will prepare you for them. Very unprofessional. Were late to the interview themselves. Weren't able to answer my questions on what the company does exactly (I had to google after) I could tell these people had not had any HR training at all. (I'm going to school for it)

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it's an entry-level job. I went in disliking the company but needing to pay rent, so I hung around in training for 4 weeks 'till I found a better job.

New Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.

Initial communications came directly from the hiring management rather than an HR department or email. The interview itself was very laid back and informal.

Interview Questions
    • "What is your biggest weakness and how can it effect the company?"   Answer Question
    None.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Ameritas Life Insurance Corp in March 2012.

They interview you first then for 2 weeks i waited the interview is conducted by the site manager and one of the trainers after that you wait for them to decide what to do and finally youll get a call back from the staffing agency

no negotiaotion

Managed Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Ameritas Life Insurance Corp in February 2010.

Phone interview first then one face to face in a hotel concierge lounge. Basic interview questions. What's your greatest strength, greatest weakness, and my favorite "tell me about a time you overcame adversity and won". What's a typical work day for you? Etc. The individuals interviewing me seemed unprepared and lacked focus.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions but this company is WEIRD about your credit score. Like they don't just pull your score they pull the entire report. Caution, if its weak, you will be reminded of it daily and watched like a hawk.   View Answer
    No. Salary not up for negotiation but benefits started immediately and are awesome,

Broker Services Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ameritas Life Insurance Corp in January 2008.

The interview was basic, straight out of the book on how to interview