Ameritas Life Insurance Corp Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 25, 2014
4 interviews

1.2

Customer Service Representative (Provider Benefit Specialist) Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ameritas Life Insurance Corp in September 2013.

Very typical hiring process. The questions were easy and a quick google search will prepare you for them. Very unprofessional. Were late to the interview themselves. Weren't able to answer my questions on what the company does exactly (I had to google after) I could tell these people had not had any HR training at all. (I'm going to school for it)

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it's an entry-level job. I went in disliking the company but needing to pay rent, so I hung around in training for 4 weeks 'till I found a better job.

Managed Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Ameritas Life Insurance Corp in February 2010.

Phone interview first then one face to face in a hotel concierge lounge. Basic interview questions. What's your greatest strength, greatest weakness, and my favorite "tell me about a time you overcame adversity and won". What's a typical work day for you? Etc. The individuals interviewing me seemed unprepared and lacked focus.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions but this company is WEIRD about your credit score. Like they don't just pull your score they pull the entire report. Caution, if its weak, you will be reminded of it daily and watched like a hawk.   View Answer
    No. Salary not up for negotiation but benefits started immediately and are awesome,

New Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.

Initial communications came directly from the hiring management rather than an HR department or email. The interview itself was very laid back and informal.

Interview Questions
    • "What is your biggest weakness and how can it effect the company?"   Answer Question
    None.

Broker Services Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ameritas Life Insurance Corp in January 2008.

The interview was basic, straight out of the book on how to interview

Interview Questions

Worked for Ameritas Life Insurance Corp? Contribute to the Community!