Amex Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2014
Updated May 22, 2014

2.4

Home Based Customer Service Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Amex.

Applied online and received a phone call about 2-3 weeks later. They asked me a few questions about pay and hours, verified my education, and then asked to set up a time for a 30 minute phone interview the next day. The phone interview lasted about 30-35 minutes and the interviewer was extremely thorough and nice. Asked me basic information and then wanted specific answers to a few questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think will be the hardest thing about working from home?   Answer Question

Senior Java Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amex.

The recruiter was very helpful. He gave all the information about the interview process. The phone interview was technical in nature; but very basic. The interviewer was very disinterested and had a very negative vibe about him.

LTA Interview

Interview was hard but was fun. It was not that bad. i did okay. it was mostly technical

not bad

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amex.

Phone screen, then 3 person panel interview

Interview Questions
    no negotiation - contract opportunity without wiggle room

Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amex in August 2010.

Submitted resume,answer questions,personality test ,phone interview ,interview face to face with two more people,skills test ,druug test

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amex in June 2010.

I applied on line. I received a phone call advising me that I would be doing a phone interview w/HR. The phone interview was successful, so then I was offered a 1 on 1. An appointment was made. Then I interviewed w/2 additional hiring staff. Be prepared to answer lot's of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you overlooked or otherwise failed to adhere to a written policy or work procedure. What did you do? Why did you decide not to follow the policy or procedure?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Amex in September 2009.

2 phone interviews, sample project (1 hour), onsite interviews

Interview Questions
    • What are your future aspirations? How long do you see yourself in our department?   View Answer

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amex in April 2008.

phone interview -> 1:1 interview-> 1:1 interview (4 interviewers)

Interview Questions
    • if you have bug in your program and a deadline in 15days what will be your plan of action   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amex in February 2014.

Was referred to Amex by an existing employee. The role sounded interesting, with a lot of potential for growth as it is a sector they are investing in. There was the initial screening call with HR (who is outsourced not a part of Amex), that lasted about 20 minutes.

Secondly I had a phone interview with a manager in the same department I would be working with (the hiring manager was on vacation for a few more weeks). These questions were more focused on my skills, experience and how well they would translate to the role. This round lasted 45 minutes.

The third interview was a formal panel interview with three managers (the hiring manager was still away but they wanted to hire for this role as soon as possible). This interview was competency based with a focus on communication, leadership and sales effectiveness. It was very comfortable and easy if you are well prepared. Many behavioral and scenario questions. This round lasted around the two hour mark.

I left that day quite confident and waiting for the "official" offer to come through. Then I received a call from HR asking to send my residency documents (which should have been asked from the beginning) I am currently waiting for Permanent Residency (which I stated to HR during the initial screening) and hold a valid interim visa. There was a policy issue and after sending my documents to their legal department I was informed they could only hire permanent residents.

I think it was disappointing for all of us involved in the later stages of the hiring process that the outsourced HR team hadn't done their due diligence from the initial phone call as it really took time away from that team to be able to hire another candidate, while causing me to interview for a job I couldn't have been hired for.

Overall the culture and staff at Amex seemed very pleasant and my interactions with them were great. The outsourced HR group however was clumsy at times, were hard to communicate effectively with. My contact often stumbled over words, spoke very quickly and seemed nervous throughout the whole process. To then have the offer not come through due something that should have been noted from the beginning was not a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • I would say the most unexpected question was from HR after scheduling the final appointment for me to meet the VP would have been. Oh um do you have permanent residency?   View Answer

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brighton, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Amex in September 2013.

Slow, can't communicate with AMEX directly. Discriminating comments were made. Interviewers were unprepared for the interview. The company has very high turn over.

Interview Questions
    • Are you American? Is your wife American? After I stated yes, I had to listen to a rant from an east German interviewer how much her family disliked Americans. Felt very offended and uncomfortable. An investigation was launched by AMEX. As expected no wrong doing on their behalf.   Answer Question

Because of the comments that were made about my heritage. This was the most unprofessional interview conducted.

Worked for Amex? Contribute to the Community!