Amey

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Engineer Interview

Graduate Engineer
Sheffield, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amey in September 2012.

Interview Details – Assessment centre where we had been split in teams in order to present a case about a company that needed to extend its sales. Very little associated with engineering, probably looking more into the critical thinking.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Communications Manager Interview

Communications Manager
Oxford, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amey in February 2014.

Interview Details – Reception area appeared unprofessional, including staff talking loudly and wearing leather jackets.

Had an interview here previously, and the interviewer finished my sentences for me throughout, and read my payslips for a strangely long time...

The interview for this particular role was along the style of a production line. The 2 interviewers spoke at breakneck speed. Then you were taken to another room to complete a 1 hour task. Other candidates were visibly arriving and leaving. The 1 hour task was the longest and most complicated I have ever experience in my area of specialism, with plenty of prior knowledge information to read and absorb, as well as the instructions, the writing of an acquisition announcement and devising a communications plan and future communications.

Interview Question – Watch out for questions about skills not listed in the job description such as "Can you use Photoshop?" and "Do you drive?".   View Answer

Graduate Management Development Programmer Interview

Graduate Management Development Programmer

I applied online and interviewed at Amey.

Interview Details – I had to do a phone interview which was far from straightforward with lots of curveball questions along side the normal competency questions and market/business questions.

The Assessment Centre was very unique and fairly challenging but enjoyable nonetheless. The people there were great; from HR to Directors. The AC takes place in a really nice old manor and everyone is very welcoming.

Interview Question – If you could live your life again, what would you do differently?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee

I applied online - interviewed at Amey in October 2011.

Interview Details – general. just fill in the application, upload your cv, then the next stage was the interview stage and still waiting for a reply.

Interview Question – very relaxed. tell me a joke. what do people feel about you. what are your regrets and achievement. etc   Answer Question

Worked for Amey? Contribute to the Community!