Amgen Associate IS Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Associate IS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen in February 2009.

After submitting my resume via a college friend who was currently an employee at the company at the time, I was contacted by phone for a phone interview. After the phone interview, they asked me if I could come to Amgen for a 2nd round of interviews which would last most of the day. The 2nd round was scheduled and I attended it in the morning and met with approximately 8 people through out the day. Sometimes 1:1 interviews and other times 3:1. By the afternoon, I had finished with the interviews and left and waited to hear news via a phone call. Once I got a phone call offer, an official offer was mailed to me and I had a short amount of time to accept the offer.

Interview Questions
  • The hardest question for me to answer was about my GPA in College since I didn't have the greatest GPA. I was asked that question when I was in a room with 3 interviewers.   Answer Question
I attempted to negotiate a higher offer but since I was straight out of college, I didn't have any room to negotiate and my attempts failed. I ended up accepting the initial offer.