Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Amgen
- Scientist (16)
- Finance Intern (8)
- Intern (7)
- Senior Manager (6)
- Administrative Coordinator (5)
- Associate (5)
- Manufacturing Associate (5)
- Research Associate (5)
- Manager (3)
- Project Manager (3)
- Director (3)
- Medical Director (3)
- Associate Scientist (3)
- Senior Engineer (2)
- Senior Associate (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Biostatistics Manager (2)
- Senior Manager, IT (2)
- Information Systems (2)
- Senior Research Associate (2)
- Senior Research Scientist II (2)
- Senior Associate Scientist (2)
- Finance Manager (2)
- Human Resources Manager (2)
- Sales (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Specialist IS Business Systems Analyst (2)
- Associate Quality Control (2)
- Grad Intern (2)
- Bio-pharmaceutical Sales Representative (2)
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Amgen.
First phone call to gauge interest. Second phone call from HR. Third phone call to set up on site interview. Talked with multiple people on the team for 4-5 hours. Interview was very technical and somewhat behavioral. Follow up phone interviews with other members of the team. Took a total of 3-4 months until offer was made.
- Describe a disagreement you've had with a coworker in dealing with a situation in the workplace. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Amgen
Associate InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Amgen.
First was a phone interview with a staffing consultant followed by a separate phone interview with one of the hiring managers. The in-person interview was 4 hours long, spoke with 8 people for 30 minutes each. I talked to 4 of those people in person, 2 by teleconference, and 2 by telepresense.
- Describe an instance where you were working in a team and came across a conflict with another team member, how did you solve it? 1 Answer
Associate InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2009.
Interview with 9 people, director level to associate level. Extensive two day process. One to one iterviews no panels.
- Tell me how you work with difficult management? Answer Question
There was not any negotiation.
Associate InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI) in February 2009.
Amgen provided travel expenses and planning for the interview process. Travel went smoothly. Communication ahead of time provided some insight into the interview process so I was ready for the day long interview session. The session went smoothly from one interviewer to the next. The interviewers varied from management to shift leads from various areas of the manufacturing process. All interviewers were courteous and answered all questions I had about the position and responsibilities.
- Describe a situation where you failed at something and what did you do after? Answer Question
Associate InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in May 2008.
just speak confidently and stay positive
- How do you handle conflict with other coworkers? Do you resolve it immediately or ignore it and hope it goes away? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review