Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Amgen
- Scientist (17)
- Finance Intern (8)
- Manufacturing Associate (7)
- Intern (7)
- Senior Manager (6)
- Administrative Coordinator (5)
- Associate (5)
- Senior Associate (5)
- Project Manager (5)
- Research Associate (5)
- Medical Director (3)
- Manager (3)
- Director (3)
- Finance Manager (3)
- Associate Scientist (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Undergrad (3)
- Senior Manager, IT (2)
- Information Systems (2)
- Biostatistics Manager (2)
- Senior Project Manager (2)
- Senior Research Associate (2)
- Senior Research Scientist II (2)
- Senior Engineer (2)
- Sales (2)
- Human Resources Manager (2)
- Specialist IS Business Systems Analyst (2)
- Grad Intern (2)
- Bio-pharmaceutical Sales Representative (2)
- Associate Quality Control (2)
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in May 2015.
-Initial phone screening with an HR representative -Follow up phone call with the manager that you will be reporting to -Usually then follows up with an all day interview meeting with multiple people at once -Mine was different as the group was transitioning so I met with 5 different people for a period of 30 minutes each back to back ending with my future manager
- When was a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you resolve it? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Amgen
Associate InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Amgen.
First phone call to gauge interest. Second phone call from HR. Third phone call to set up on site interview. Talked with multiple people on the team for 4-5 hours. Interview was very technical and somewhat behavioral. Follow up phone interviews with other members of the team. Took a total of 3-4 months until offer was made.
- Describe a disagreement you've had with a coworker in dealing with a situation in the workplace. Answer Question
Associate InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Amgen.
First was a phone interview with a staffing consultant followed by a separate phone interview with one of the hiring managers. The in-person interview was 4 hours long, spoke with 8 people for 30 minutes each. I talked to 4 of those people in person, 2 by teleconference, and 2 by telepresense.
- Describe an instance where you were working in a team and came across a conflict with another team member, how did you solve it? 1 Answer
Associate InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2009.
Interview with 9 people, director level to associate level. Extensive two day process. One to one iterviews no panels.
- Tell me how you work with difficult management? Answer Question
There was not any negotiation.
Associate InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI) in February 2009.
Amgen provided travel expenses and planning for the interview process. Travel went smoothly. Communication ahead of time provided some insight into the interview process so I was ready for the day long interview session. The session went smoothly from one interviewer to the next. The interviewers varied from management to shift leads from various areas of the manufacturing process. All interviewers were courteous and answered all questions I had about the position and responsibilities.
- Describe a situation where you failed at something and what did you do after? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review