Amgen

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Amgen

Interview Details – It started with a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. They then said that they would contact me about and in person interview. They flew me out for the interview and were very gracious and nice. The HR was slow at getting the interview set up and in informing me on the decision for the position.

Interview Question – The questions were easier than expected. Cannot remember specifics.   Answer Question

Fremont, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Amgen in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed with group Director and several peers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I simply asked for a salary that exceeded what they would likely offer, and received one of the highest salaries they offer for that position

Associate Scientist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amgen in October 2010.

Interview Details – received a phone call from HR, had 30min phone interview with HR manager, followed by 45min phone interview with hiring manager. few days after, got a call for on-site interview starting at 9am, lasting all day (got done around 6pm). 30-45min 1:1 interview with scientists, included 1hr presentation (with video conference and web observation at other sites)

Interview Question – Tell me brief synopsis of all your publications   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A month went by without any feedback. I had an offer at another company so I simply called HR to hurry up and make their decision.
Salary they offered was $10K less than what I was making and HR was shocked that I made that much. HR wanted my offer letter from previous company, including W-2 and income statement to verify. They came back and matched my salary. (so dont lie about your salary, I heard one person's offer was retracted because of inflated salary information)

Worked for Amgen? Contribute to the Community!