Amgen Associate Scientist Interview Questions

Associate Scientist Interview

Interview

It started with a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. They then said that they would contact me about and in person interview. They flew me out for the interview and were very gracious and nice. The HR was slow at getting the interview set up and in informing me on the decision for the position.

Interview Questions

• The questions were easier than expected. Cannot remember specifics.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amgen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amgen (Fremont, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with group Director and several peers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I simply asked for a salary that exceeded what they would likely offer, and received one of the highest salaries they offer for that position

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amgen in October 2010.

Interview

received a phone call from HR, had 30min phone interview with HR manager, followed by 45min phone interview with hiring manager. few days after, got a call for on-site interview starting at 9am, lasting all day (got done around 6pm). 30-45min 1:1 interview with scientists, included 1hr presentation (with video conference and web observation at other sites)

Interview Questions

• Tell me brief synopsis of all your publications   1 Answer

Negotiation

A month went by without any feedback. I had an offer at another company so I simply called HR to hurry up and make their decision. Salary they offered was $10K less than what I was making and HR was shocked that I made that much. HR wanted my offer letter from previous company, including W-2 and income statement to verify. They came back and matched my salary. (so dont lie about your salary, I heard one person's offer was retracted because of inflated salary information)