Amgen

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Amgen in March 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted an application sometime in August 2013, and was caught by surprise when I got a call in February 2014 asking if I was still interested in the position. I said yes, and from there the communication was very timely. I was sent an e-mail to set up interview times, and the recruiter was very accommodating with the schedule. They sent maps and detailed information, and I went in for the interview. I met with the whole team, including a conference call attendee from another office. Everybody was really nice and positive. They asked relevant questions and didn't hold back from asking some challenging ones, but they also didn't ask pointlessly tricky or confrontational questions. I felt like I was being honestly evaluated for my fit with the team and my knowledge of the work.

Interview Question – Tell me how you handled a situation where somebody on your team was not doing their share of work. (Follow up: Do you think that was the best way to handle it, and why?)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given a call with an offer. It seemed good so I accepted. I had read on Glassdoor previously that they don't negotiate so I didn't try.

Thousand Oaks, CA

I interviewed at Amgen in February 2014.

Interview Details – Three 20 minute interviews with managers, lots of just behavioral questions, seeing if you fit in the culture

Interview Question – If you were asked to develop a new manufacturing plant, how would you do it?   Answer Question

West Greenwich, RI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amgen in April 2012.

Interview Details – Two phone interview-- behavioral questions, questions about my experience and how it would apply to the projects they want the intern to complete, nothing out of the normal phone interviews

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation-- very good package including housing, transportation allowance included

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

I applied online - interviewed at Amgen in March 2012.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews; both tech and behavioral questions.

DĂșn Laoghaire (Ireland)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Amgen in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interviewers were very friendly and inviting.I was interviewed by the director and the Sr. Manager of operational excellence (The department I work for). They asked typical questions such as exam results in university, what i knew about the company, a few of my achievements and the classic " where do you see yourself in 10 years time?". After the interview, i was very satisfied with the way it went. I asked the interviewers a couple of questions about the company and what type of work is available that is relevant to my degree.

Interview Question – There was no unexpected questions during the interview. I found all questions very easy to answer.   Answer Question

Worked for Amgen? Contribute to the Community!