Amgen Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Phone interview. Hiring interviewer asked about web applications, but was not really ready to hear answers. Was more interested in poking holes in whatever I say. Was not willing to listen that certain mundane things can be learned on the spot and don't need to on the top of your head. If basics are strong, then other mundane and routine things can be learned in few hours.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amgen

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online in February and got a call in mid-March to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, they narrowed down to 3 second-round on-site interviews done the next week with three senior project managers and the hiring manager. I thought it went really well, and they were all super nice and welcoming people. It wasn't a really hard interview, mostly behavioral stuff and going over my resume, pretty laid back.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you instead of the other two applicants we're interviewing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application sometime in August 2013, and was caught by surprise when I got a call in February 2014 asking if I was still interested in the position. I said yes, and from there the communication was very timely. I was sent an e-mail to set up interview times, and the recruiter was very accommodating with the schedule. They sent maps and detailed information, and I went in for the interview. I met with the whole team, including a conference call attendee from another office. Everybody was really nice and positive. They asked relevant questions and didn't hold back from asking some challenging ones, but they also didn't ask pointlessly tricky or confrontational questions. I felt like I was being honestly evaluated for my fit with the team and my knowledge of the work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handled a situation where somebody on your team was not doing their share of work. (Follow up: Do you think that was the best way to handle it, and why?)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given a call with an offer. It seemed good so I accepted. I had read on Glassdoor previously that they don't negotiate so I didn't try.

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Three 20 minute interviews with managers, lots of just behavioral questions, seeing if you fit in the culture

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to develop a new manufacturing plant, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Greenwich, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI) in April 2012.

Interview

Two phone interview-- behavioral questions, questions about my experience and how it would apply to the projects they want the intern to complete, nothing out of the normal phone interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation-- very good package including housing, transportation allowance included

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen in March 2012.

Interview

2 phone interviews; both tech and behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dún Laoghaire (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amgen (Dún Laoghaire (Ireland)) in June 2013.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly and inviting.I was interviewed by the director and the Sr. Manager of operational excellence (The department I work for). They asked typical questions such as exam results in university, what i knew about the company, a few of my achievements and the classic " where do you see yourself in 10 years time?". After the interview, i was very satisfied with the way it went. I asked the interviewers a couple of questions about the company and what type of work is available that is relevant to my degree.

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected questions during the interview. I found all questions very easy to answer.   Answer Question