Amgen

123 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Biostatistics Manager Interview

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Amgen.

Interview Details – Phone interview
Background: Ph.D candidate in Biostatistics.
1. 0~15 min. I introduced my clinical trial background, mostly about the clinical trial course project.
2. 15min ~ 25min. Discussion on programming, mainly SAS.
3. 25min ~30 min. Interviewees said they cannot hire me since I do not have experiences with SAS MACRO programming. They need someone immediately working on SAS programming.

Interview Question – nothing. Basically background experiences discussion.   Answer Question

Bio-pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amgen in June 2012.

Interview Details – Four interviews. Very long process with little communication. DM x 2, RSM, Head of Talent Management (HR).

Interview Question – Tell me how you would sell me if today was your first day?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing.

Research Associate Interview

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amgen in February 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted shortly after I submitted my resume to a recruiting company. I had 1 phone interview that was roughly an hour. I was then invited to a half day interview, where I toured the campus and had 5 one on one interviews that lasted roughly 30-45 minutes each. I was hired one week later, and begin week after that. Over all the process was smooth and efficient

Interview Question – I received many technical questions regarding my work with proteins, DNA, etc. I was asked to explain in depth any research projects I have been apart of any publications of which I am a co-author   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wast any negotiation because it was a temp. position, but I was happy with the salary

Grad Intern Interview

Interviewed at Amgen

Interview Details – I had two rounds of interview.
One was on campus, where two representatives came over to my university, this was a behavioral type of interview. Very friendly staff, they make you very comfortable so that you don't panic.
Next round was a telephonic interview, this wasn't too technical, but they asked me to tell them about the projects i'm working on and the details of that, such as the technology, etc. It was a very interactive conversation that lasted around half an hour.

Interview Question – I was asked about the different scenarios i could land in being in a team project and how would i resolve some issues. There was nothing unexpected in the interviews. A smooth process with a very friendly staff.   Answer Question

QA Specialist Interview

QA Specialist
Boulder, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Amgen in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruiter for Amgen who did a phone screen, then I did another phone screen with an HR manager. After that I interviewed with the hiring manager and several team members, them I interviewed with a group of managers from a cross functional group, then I interviewed with the site head of quality.

Interview Question – The interview with the site head of quality was the most difficult because he was very negative and confrontational. turns out that this was his way of seeing how I would handle the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nonconfrontational. We were able to work through the sticking points within a week.

Finance Intern Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amgen in February 2014.

Interview Details – First round interview from a non-target school was via Skype. The interviewer was very friendly, and the questions were all behavioral. I was asked about my leadership experience and items on my resume. It was nothing out of the usual, things like "Tell me about yourself", "Time you dealt with conflict", etc. I got the sense though that candidates from non-target schools faced more competition and were less likely to move on to the second round (probably because they will fly you to the main campus if you do).

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Thousand Oaks, CA

I interviewed at Amgen in July 2012.

Interview Details – 1 interview was difficult but was offered job. have been working there since july

Interview Question – Easy interview   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amgen in September 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring manager emailed me directly, not HR. Had a few conversations over the phone before being invited for the interview. Interview was 1-1/2 days, and met with 10-15 people. Long interview, but all were very polite, and nobody really tried to test or ask very difficult questions.

Interview Question – Why are you applying to this job, since your background is much different   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They make good offers, and don't negotiate. If you try to come back to get the offer increased, HR just says that the offer is very good, and they can't do any better.

Manager Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Amgen in February 2010.

Interview Details – Typical questions mostly about management style

Interview Question – what is the difference between a leader and a manager and which are you.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Thousand Oaks, CA

I interviewed at Amgen in February 2014.

Interview Details – Three 20 minute interviews with managers, lots of just behavioral questions, seeing if you fit in the culture

Interview Question – If you were asked to develop a new manufacturing plant, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amgen

Worked for Amgen? Contribute to the Community!

Amgen Videos

Amgen – Why Work for Us?

Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amgen interview questions and advice. All 123 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amgen employees and interview candidates.