Amgen

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

3.1

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amgen.

First was a phone interview with a staffing consultant followed by a separate phone interview with one of the hiring managers. The in-person interview was 4 hours long, spoke with 8 people for 30 minutes each. I talked to 4 of those people in person, 2 by teleconference, and 2 by telepresense.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an instance where you were working in a team and came across a conflict with another team member, how did you solve it?   View Answer

Field Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amgen.

The process of setting up the interview and receiving input was very long. I was never reimbursed for my out of pocket expenses and even after contacting them and resubmitting them nothing came. It wasn't a lot of money but it made me wonder how they would treat the expense report process if this is how they try to hire qualifies candidates.

Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Amgen.

Several interviews. Two 1:1, 3 panels of two - six people. The process took a long time. The interview itself was standard and relaxed. Most questions were behavioral based - tell me about a time when.....and how you handled that.

Specialist IS Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Amgen.

You will get an initial call from a recruiter. If the hiring manager is interested in your resume, you will get a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview, you will be brought in for a 4-6 hour interview. This consists of meeting about 4-6 people.

Interview Questions
    • You may get a challenging question such as "how many McDonald's are there in the US.   View Answer
    You negotiate with the HR person.

IS Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen in January 2015.

Initial telephone screen, they advance you to the next stage if they like you. Telephone interview with hiring manager and lastly on site panel interview (4hrs)
    They arrange for flight, rental, hotel ( meals included) plus a tour of the whole city
    Everyone was nice and I enjoyed the whole process, be patient as the process can take time from your initial online application to on site interview (if they interested)

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember all of the questions but were mostly behavioural questions like
      Tell me about yourself?
      What are your weaknesses? don't come up with internet answers
      If a project experiences a setback, how would you inform or when would you tell the client?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs
      How did you handle conflict?
      Which smartphone OS platform would you recommend? ( looking for critical thinking skills)
      Explain waterfall methodology ( recommend white boarding on this one, outline the stages clearly) try and mention all the documents created in this methodology (

Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen.

Highly intimidating and challenging process. Most managers know within the first 10 seconds if they will hire you. Allow your communication skills to clarify your expectations and responsibilities. Only contract or temporary positions available at the time. Phone interview then progressed to onsite panel interview, including 1:1 with prospective manager.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions: tell us when you encountered a conflict on a project and explain how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen.

3 step interview process-- including phone screen, interview with district managers, then interview with regional manager & HR. The questions were heavily on previous work experience, but became more detailed further along in the interview process.

Scientist Interview

phone interview first and then follow interview at the company. Be yourself and don't try to lie. Be prepared and present your experiences sincerely. Most people are nice until you meet the management.

Lab Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I received a phone interview from Amgen. The phone interview was typical, the employer asked about my experience. He also asked about specific details that were listed on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't receive a difficult question during this interview, or an unexpected question. All the questions were typical.   Answer Question

Research Associate In Small Molecule Chemsitry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amgen.

1 full day; 10 hour long interviews and a presentation. They don't this for Bachelor level anymore, only Masters and up. The day was long and dinner provided at the end. THey asked me to stay in a hotel the night before even though I lived in the area. THings have changed though and they are much more careful with the money. I am very happy I got the job and everyoen was extrememly friendly.