Amgen

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

3.1

Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Amgen.

Several interviews. Two 1:1, 3 panels of two - six people. The process took a long time. The interview itself was standard and relaxed. Most questions were behavioral based - tell me about a time when.....and how you handled that.

Specialist IS Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Amgen.

You will get an initial call from a recruiter. If the hiring manager is interested in your resume, you will get a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview, you will be brought in for a 4-6 hour interview. This consists of meeting about 4-6 people.

Interview Questions
    • You may get a challenging question such as "how many McDonald's are there in the US.   View Answer
    You negotiate with the HR person.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen.

Highly intimidating and challenging process. Most managers know within the first 10 seconds if they will hire you. Allow your communication skills to clarify your expectations and responsibilities. Only contract or temporary positions available at the time. Phone interview then progressed to onsite panel interview, including 1:1 with prospective manager.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions: tell us when you encountered a conflict on a project and explain how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen.

3 step interview process-- including phone screen, interview with district managers, then interview with regional manager & HR. The questions were heavily on previous work experience, but became more detailed further along in the interview process.

Scientist Interview

phone interview first and then follow interview at the company. Be yourself and don't try to lie. Be prepared and present your experiences sincerely. Most people are nice until you meet the management.

Lab Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I received a phone interview from Amgen. The phone interview was typical, the employer asked about my experience. He also asked about specific details that were listed on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't receive a difficult question during this interview, or an unexpected question. All the questions were typical.   Answer Question

Research Associate In Small Molecule Chemsitry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amgen.

1 full day; 10 hour long interviews and a presentation. They don't this for Bachelor level anymore, only Masters and up. The day was long and dinner provided at the end. THey asked me to stay in a hotel the night before even though I lived in the area. THings have changed though and they are much more careful with the money. I am very happy I got the job and everyoen was extrememly friendly.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amgen in October 2014.

Applied 2 months prior received a phone interview first from recruiter. 2 days later received formal request for interview. Received an agenda for a 4 hour interview. Met with various levels in department and recruiter. Recruiter just sold the perks if working with company. Other interviewees just asked generic questions about my experience and behavioral questions. Was a some what stressful interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult employee and how you death with it.   Answer Question

Undergrad Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen.

2 interviews. One on campus and one superday. The superday included 4 back-to-back 30-minute interviews. One of the individuals was a very technical based interviewer. As long as you know about the industry and had good questions to ask, that made the most difference. Everyone was very nice and easy to joke around with as well.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about accounting and how to value a company. Everything that studying for an IB internship should have taught you   Answer Question
    No negotiations for internship

Finance Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amgen.

Amgen has a very good interview process. They are quite detailed in how they set it up and are very accommodating. I had to fly into CA and someone picked me up and took me to the hotel. I then had someone (who Amgen hired) to show me around town so that I can get familiar with the location. During the day of the interview, all the interviewers were in sequential order. I finished the interview and then was dropped back to the airport.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult but the individuals who were asking them weren't as professional as I would have hoped.   View Answer