Amgen Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014

3.1

Research Associate In Small Molecule Chemsitry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amgen.

1 full day; 10 hour long interviews and a presentation. They don't this for Bachelor level anymore, only Masters and up. The day was long and dinner provided at the end. THey asked me to stay in a hotel the night before even though I lived in the area. THings have changed though and they are much more careful with the money. I am very happy I got the job and everyoen was extrememly friendly.

Undergrad Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen.

2 interviews. One on campus and one superday. The superday included 4 back-to-back 30-minute interviews. One of the individuals was a very technical based interviewer. As long as you know about the industry and had good questions to ask, that made the most difference. Everyone was very nice and easy to joke around with as well.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about accounting and how to value a company. Everything that studying for an IB internship should have taught you   Answer Question
    No negotiations for internship

Finance Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amgen.

Amgen has a very good interview process. They are quite detailed in how they set it up and are very accommodating. I had to fly into CA and someone picked me up and took me to the hotel. I then had someone (who Amgen hired) to show me around town so that I can get familiar with the location. During the day of the interview, all the interviewers were in sequential order. I finished the interview and then was dropped back to the airport.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult but the individuals who were asking them weren't as professional as I would have hoped.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen.

Phone Screen followed by a face 2 face. Total wait period Interview to job: 3 weeks. Enough time to prepare if required.Freindly folks all around. Great campus. Great atmosphere. Point to point questions about real time scenarios, PM Challenges, Scope Creep situations, Resolving Risks & Issues. Vendor Management, Reporting structures, corporate communication skills etc.

Global Strategic Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen.

I was initially contacted by the manager that I would be working with via phone interview. After two phone interviews, I was given an offer. The interview process was very informal, but again, this was for an MBA internship. The manager was very nice, wasn't looking to rattle you; just wanted to learn more about my experience and qualifications for the position.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions; mostly questions about my resume and my work experience. Strategic sourcing experience, procurement experience, project management experience was required.   Answer Question
    Internship, so there was no negotiations; the only option was the dates and terms of internship; 8 weeks, 10 weeks, or 12 weeks.

Medical Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen.

I applied on-line and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Amgen in November 2010.There were 6 interview rounds face to face interviews. Standard HR questions, background check, references

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amgen.

Interview questions were mostly about your research experience.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions were related to how you would approach a research design.   Answer Question

Biostatistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amgen.

Phone interview
    Background: Ph.D candidate in Biostatistics.
    1. 0~15 min. I introduced my clinical trial background, mostly about the clinical trial course project.
    2. 15min ~ 25min. Discussion on programming, mainly SAS.
    3. 25min ~30 min. Interviewees said they cannot hire me since I do not have experiences with SAS MACRO programming. They need someone immediately working on SAS programming.

Senior Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen in April 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. I was then invited to an in person interview. The first was a panel interview, which I felt went extremely well. I was then interviewed by the person who conducted the phone interview, it was pretty much a continuation of the phone interview just in person.

Grad Intern Interview

I had two rounds of interview.
    One was on campus, where two representatives came over to my university, this was a behavioral type of interview. Very friendly staff, they make you very comfortable so that you don't panic.
    Next round was a telephonic interview, this wasn't too technical, but they asked me to tell them about the projects i'm working on and the details of that, such as the technology, etc. It was a very interactive conversation that lasted around half an hour.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about the different scenarios i could land in being in a team project and how would i resolve some issues. There was nothing unexpected in the interviews. A smooth process with a very friendly staff.   Answer Question