Amgen Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I worked as a contractor and found out about a position internally. I applied through the web portal and got an interview with the Senior scientist in charge of the group. I interviewed with the team members I would be working with (half hour blocks with ~6 people) went to lunch with folks I would be working with and got the job about 2-3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions about experience.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Amgen in July 2015.

Interview

Met with hiring manager and liked him right away. Came back for more formal interview with situational questions with 2 DM's. Sent a thank you and heard nothing. Followed up again and no response. Two weeks pass and I received a call from a completely different DM asking me to come in for an interview. Meet with him and another DM. Followed up. It has now been a week and I haven't heard a word.

Interview Questions

• how are you going to develop relationships with NJ providers? I just moved.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

I applied online, 3 weeks later got an email followed by a call from the hiring manager. We talked for ~30 mins about my skills and experiences. He liked me and invited me to onsite interview. 3 weeks later I was flown to the site. I met with the director-asked hard questions-then with the team and principle scientists and managers. I gave a 45 min talk as well. It seemed they liked me but they did not give any hints whether they are going to make an offer or not. They were all friendly and professional. They tried to know me better, not to give me a hard time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Amgen (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Very professional. Two Sales Managers for the company. The company from my understanding lacks diversity. One manager dominated the conversation. I think he already had a candidate in mind.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was an all-day rigorous process with a significant number of stakeholders from various departments. I felt that they were very thorough and provided interviewee an insight to the culture and company as a whole. Great cafeterias, great campus, overall was a joy to be there. I will continue to pursue opportunities with company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the right candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Greenwich, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI) in June 2015.

Interview

They called for on site interview and flew me there and booked car and hotel. Everyone was friendly I wish I got that job it. the environment there looked very appealing

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, and a half hour they call it stupid questions which they have no answer but they try to determine your character I guess.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

On sight interview in South SF. University set up the connection and I was picked to be interviewed. there were 3 positions available. Met group leaders and 2 HR people. Very friendly and informative

Interview Questions

• What qualities are needed to suceed in the lab. Describe previous positisions and tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Blood Donor Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amgen (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Met with the owner and current program coordinator in person. This was the result of applying myself and excelling at my then current externship. Upon doing that, I met the then current program coordinator who was searching for her replacement.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very easy. The owner of the company offered me a salary i expected and i accepted.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Several 1:1 interviews throughout the day. Interviews were with all levels from co-worker through Executive Management. Start with phone screening and then actual face-to-face interview. They will typically fly you to the site for interview.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Was given a phone screen and saw my CV matched their job description. They flew me down to their HQ, 4 hour interview with different team members to director positions. Given an offer 4 weeks later. They try not to give you any indication that you were their favorite candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness? Mostly all behavioral questions, some technical questions related to on job work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was available but they try to dissuade you from negotiating.