Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Amgen
- Scientist (17)
- Finance Intern (8)
- Senior Associate (7)
- Manufacturing Associate (7)
- Intern (7)
- Senior Manager (7)
- Project Manager (7)
- Research Associate (6)
- Administrative Coordinator (5)
- Associate (5)
- Finance Manager (4)
- Senior Engineer (3)
- Associate Scientist (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Undergrad (3)
- Medical Director (3)
- Manager (3)
- Director (3)
- Human Resources Manager (2)
- Senior Associate Scientist (2)
- Senior Manager, IT (2)
- Information Systems (2)
- Biostatistics Manager (2)
- Senior Project Manager (2)
- Senior Research Associate (2)
- Senior Research Scientist II (2)
- Sales (2)
- Grad Intern (2)
- Specialist IS Business Systems Analyst (2)
- Associate Quality Control (2)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI).
it was done in a Round Robin style meeting with several hiring managers over a course of several hours the interview process was very relaxed each interviewer asked general questions about my previous job tasks and also asked if I had any conflict management training then asked what other training I have received.
- what skills did I have that would carry over to the Biotech industry.how long was I at my Last job . 1 Answer
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2015.
I was contacted by the hiring manager to set up a phone interview after I had applied online earlier that day. The phone interview was with the hiring manager and two others, which involved going over my resume and asking a few behavioral questions, lasting approx. 30 minutes. Two days later I received a call to interview on-site the next week. The on-site interview consisted of five interviews of between 1 and 3 people each, lasting about 3 hours, followed by a brief tour which I requested. The interview covered all aspects of my background and consisted of several behavioral questions. Overall, it was an intense process, but with preparation it went smoothly. I was asked to complete a background check a few days, and received an offer after another few days.
Helpful (4)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Seattle, WA).
I worked as a contractor and found out about a position internally. I applied through the web portal and got an interview with the Senior scientist in charge of the group. I interviewed with the team members I would be working with (half hour blocks with ~6 people) went to lunch with folks I would be working with and got the job about 2-3 weeks later.
- Standard interview questions about experience. 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in July 2015.
First interviewed over the phone then was invited for an on-site interview. I interviewed with 7-8 people throughout the day and were asked various questions that were mostly related to the position. The interviews were more focused on personality than specific skills. However, several discussion topics were about how to solve current challenges that Amgen are facing which was somewhat skill tests.
- If I were to call your manager, how would he/she describe you? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen in July 2015.
Met with hiring manager and liked him right away. Came back for more formal interview with situational questions with 2 DM's. Sent a thank you and heard nothing. Followed up again and no response. Two weeks pass and I received a call from a completely different DM asking me to come in for an interview. Meet with him and another DM. Followed up. It has now been a week and I haven't heard a word.
- how are you going to develop relationships with NJ providers? I just moved. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (San Juan, PR) in July 2015.
In less than a week of my application online, I received a nice interview package, which not only included the schedule of the interviews and the different leads, but also a very nice training course for an internal interview process.
- a lot of behavioral questions, mostly directed to how to deal with difficult people within a team environment, negotiation skills, project manager skills. Answer Question
Helpful (7)Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen.
I applied online, 3 weeks later got an email followed by a call from the hiring manager. We talked for ~30 mins about my skills and experiences. He liked me and invited me to onsite interview. 3 weeks later I was flown to the site. I met with the director-asked hard questions-then with the team and principle scientists and managers. I gave a 45 min talk as well. It seemed they liked me but they did not give any hints whether they are going to make an offer or not. They were all friendly and professional. They tried to know me better, not to give me a hard time.
- Say 3 strength and 3 weaknesses about yourself. Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.
On sight interview in South SF. University set up the connection and I was picked to be interviewed. there were 3 positions available. Met group leaders and 2 HR people. Very friendly and informative
- What qualities are needed to suceed in the lab. Describe previous positisions and tell me about yourself. 1 Answer
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Newark, NJ).
Very professional. Two Sales Managers for the company. The company from my understanding lacks diversity. One manager dominated the conversation. I think he already had a candidate in mind.
- star format question 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI) in June 2015.
They called for on site interview and flew me there and booked car and hotel. Everyone was friendly I wish I got that job it. the environment there looked very appealing
- Typical questions, and a half hour they call it stupid questions which they have no answer but they try to determine your character I guess. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review