Amgen Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Highly intimidating and challenging process. Most managers know within the first 10 seconds if they will hire you. Allow your communication skills to clarify your expectations and responsibilities. Only contract or temporary positions available at the time. Phone interview then progressed to onsite panel interview, including 1:1 with prospective manager.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions: tell us when you encountered a conflict on a project and explain how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

internal transfer - promotion panel interview followed by a few one on ones, and then a presentation based on technical and personal success stories. Then, was grilled by the audience. very intense.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you vs. the next guy. what are you bringing to the table that we cannot get somewhere else.   Answer Question

Negotiation

very little negotiation possible. it is Amgen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amgen (Seattle, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

Hiring manager will conduct the phone interview first. If they like you, then you will be invited for an onsite interview. It is a full day interview, multiple 1:1 or 1:2 interview with the higher title staff, then a group interview with the remaining of the department. Collective feedback is asked. But if someone strongly against the hiring, then the hiring manager will consider that opinion.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example to show how you solved a challenge problem.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

1 interview was difficult but was offered job. have been working there since july

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Contacted shortly after I submitted my resume to a recruiting company. I had 1 phone interview that was roughly an hour. I was then invited to a half day interview, where I toured the campus and had 5 one on one interviews that lasted roughly 30-45 minutes each. I was hired one week later, and begin week after that. Over all the process was smooth and efficient

Interview Questions

• I received many technical questions regarding my work with proteins, DNA, etc. I was asked to explain in depth any research projects I have been apart of any publications of which I am a co-author   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wast any negotiation because it was a temp. position, but I was happy with the salary

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amgen in February 2013.

Interview

Phone screening with hiring manager, met for coffee, and he was frank about assessing my "personality" to ensure a good fit. Made a comment about my personal appearance which was strange. I was told I would get a formal interview. Had back to back interviews with senior leadership team.

Interview Questions

• Business cases were more challenging than anticipated.   Answer Question

Specialist IS Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Usually interviews consists of multiple interviewers from hiring department and related functions. It's often the case that the business functions that the job will support will also get to interview the candidate. It's usually a half day to full day of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and in this industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer can be negotiated with stock grants etc

Associate Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen (Longmont, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

Very slow initial interview process, but once I was able to sit down I found my position quickly. The interview was a group interview with the entire team in the lab I'd be working in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Strict, because it was contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Cambridge, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

seminar, followed by interviews

Interview Questions

• why you decided to apply to industry   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Process began by being contacted by a principal scientist about scheduling a phone interview. Had phone interview later that day, which was very positive and included a discussion about my current research projects. Then got contacted a month later about scheduling an on-site interview. Flew out the day before, had dinner that night, with interview the next day. Interview consisted of a research presentation (1 hr), followed by a series of 1-1 interviews throughout the day. Really enjoyed the interview process overall. Never felt any tough pressure, it was more just an intense, dynamic discussion of science all day. Interview was very technical, and also included discussion about what life was like at Amgen.

Interview Questions

• "Walk me through your rationale for the enhanced stereoselectivity in your process with your new set of conditions."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Call from HR alerting me of an offer. Follow up call from director congratulating me on offer. Thought it over the weekend with another pending offer, then accepted the Amgen offer.