Amgen

Updated Jan 13, 2015

3.1

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen in August 2010.

internal transfer - promotion panel interview followed by a few one on ones, and then a presentation based on technical and personal success stories. Then, was grilled by the audience. very intense.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you vs. the next guy. what are you bringing to the table that we cannot get somewhere else.   Answer Question
    very little negotiation possible. it is Amgen

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

interviewed at Amgen in July 2012.

1 interview was difficult but was offered job. have been working there since july

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amgen in July 2012.

Hiring manager will conduct the phone interview first. If they like you, then you will be invited for an onsite interview. It is a full day interview, multiple 1:1 or 1:2 interview with the higher title staff, then a group interview with the remaining of the department. Collective feedback is asked. But if someone strongly against the hiring, then the hiring manager will consider that opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example to show how you solved a challenge problem.   View Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen.

Highly intimidating and challenging process. Most managers know within the first 10 seconds if they will hire you. Allow your communication skills to clarify your expectations and responsibilities. Only contract or temporary positions available at the time. Phone interview then progressed to onsite panel interview, including 1:1 with prospective manager.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions: tell us when you encountered a conflict on a project and explain how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen.

3 step interview process-- including phone screen, interview with district managers, then interview with regional manager & HR. The questions were heavily on previous work experience, but became more detailed further along in the interview process.

Specialist IS Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amgen in March 2010.

Usually interviews consists of multiple interviewers from hiring department and related functions. It's often the case that the business functions that the job will support will also get to interview the candidate. It's usually a half day to full day of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here and in this industry?   View Answer
    Offer can be negotiated with stock grants etc

Research Associate In Small Molecule Chemsitry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amgen.

1 full day; 10 hour long interviews and a presentation. They don't this for Bachelor level anymore, only Masters and up. The day was long and dinner provided at the end. THey asked me to stay in a hotel the night before even though I lived in the area. THings have changed though and they are much more careful with the money. I am very happy I got the job and everyoen was extrememly friendly.

Pharmaceutical Representative - Prolia Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen in July 2010.

Got called by recruiter after applying for phone interview.

Bio-pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen in June 2012.

Four interviews. Very long process with little communication. DM x 2, RSM, Head of Talent Management (HR).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would sell me if today was your first day?   Answer Question
    Nothing.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen in February 2014.

Contacted shortly after I submitted my resume to a recruiting company. I had 1 phone interview that was roughly an hour. I was then invited to a half day interview, where I toured the campus and had 5 one on one interviews that lasted roughly 30-45 minutes each. I was hired one week later, and begin week after that. Over all the process was smooth and efficient

Interview Questions
    • I received many technical questions regarding my work with proteins, DNA, etc. I was asked to explain in depth any research projects I have been apart of any publications of which I am a co-author   View Answer
    Wast any negotiation because it was a temp. position, but I was happy with the salary