Amgen

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

3.1

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen in May 2014.

A recruitment company highlighted the job to me, I got an interview within a few days. Had an interview the following week. Met with three people from the department I'd be working with. Lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Previous experience, what do I know about Amgen, what can I bring to the company...   Answer Question

IS Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen in January 2015.

Initial telephone screen, they advance you to the next stage if they like you. Telephone interview with hiring manager and lastly on site panel interview (4hrs)
    They arrange for flight, rental, hotel ( meals included) plus a tour of the whole city
    Everyone was nice and I enjoyed the whole process, be patient as the process can take time from your initial online application to on site interview (if they interested)

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember all of the questions but were mostly behavioural questions like
      Tell me about yourself?
      What are your weaknesses? don't come up with internet answers
      If a project experiences a setback, how would you inform or when would you tell the client?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs
      How did you handle conflict?
      Which smartphone OS platform would you recommend? ( looking for critical thinking skills)
      Explain waterfall methodology ( recommend white boarding on this one, outline the stages clearly) try and mention all the documents created in this methodology (

Answer Question

Field Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amgen.

The process of setting up the interview and receiving input was very long. I was never reimbursed for my out of pocket expenses and even after contacting them and resubmitting them nothing came. It wasn't a lot of money but it made me wonder how they would treat the expense report process if this is how they try to hire qualifies candidates.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen in July 2012.

Interview process was incredibly slow; after submission via online Amgen account, I didn't hear back for over three months. Phone screening with hiring manager led to HR recruiter settting up an all-day, multiple person set of interviews about three weeks later. Offer was extended about a month after interview, and then three weeks of background check before I could actually start working.

Interview Questions
    • Very generic set of questions. Mostly focused on whether or not I would be a good fit with the group, not my experience or knowledge.   Answer Question
    Brief; no negotiation (this was my fist job. I would definitely negotiate now.)

Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Amgen.

Several interviews. Two 1:1, 3 panels of two - six people. The process took a long time. The interview itself was standard and relaxed. Most questions were behavioral based - tell me about a time when.....and how you handled that.

Senior Manager, IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen.

I applied for the job online. I had a call from HR for the company then initial screening interview. I went a week later for a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. It last 1 hours while he asked me questions usual IT and scenario. He explained the role to me, it was quite relax and I was able to ask questions. I then went for 2nd interview with IT director, who once again explained the role to me and asked me about my background. Then the same day I met with an HR person who asked me questions about my values, salary expectations....
    I thought the process went pretty well. I had to wait 1 or 2 weeks to receive feedback.

Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen in March 2013.

I applied online, and the process took about two months. I had two phone interviews one with the research scientist and one with the person that would be my mentor. They placed high importance on my cover letter. The interview seemed to center on how many questions I asked them versus how many they asked me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you were not successful and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Specialist IS Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Amgen.

You will get an initial call from a recruiter. If the hiring manager is interested in your resume, you will get a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview, you will be brought in for a 4-6 hour interview. This consists of meeting about 4-6 people.

Interview Questions
    • You may get a challenging question such as "how many McDonald's are there in the US.   View Answer
    You negotiate with the HR person.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amgen in October 2014.

Applied 2 months prior received a phone interview first from recruiter. 2 days later received formal request for interview. Received an agenda for a 4 hour interview. Met with various levels in department and recruiter. Recruiter just sold the perks if working with company. Other interviewees just asked generic questions about my experience and behavioral questions. Was a some what stressful interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult employee and how you death with it.   Answer Question

M\SR Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Amgen in August 2014.

Round Robin. A lot of behavioral questions and technical questions. Some asked the same questions. Had to explain a situation that didn't go right and How I went about it.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if someone was doing something wrong.   View Answer