Amgen Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

3.1

Scientist Interview

Interview

phone interview first and then follow interview at the company. Be yourself and don't try to lie. Be prepared and present your experiences sincerely. Most people are nice until you meet the management.

Lab Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Interview

I received a phone interview from Amgen. The phone interview was typical, the employer asked about my experience. He also asked about specific details that were listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• I didn't receive a difficult question during this interview, or an unexpected question. All the questions were typical.   Answer Question

Research Associate In Small Molecule Chemsitry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

1 full day; 10 hour long interviews and a presentation. They don't this for Bachelor level anymore, only Masters and up. The day was long and dinner provided at the end. THey asked me to stay in a hotel the night before even though I lived in the area. THings have changed though and they are much more careful with the money. I am very happy I got the job and everyoen was extrememly friendly.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amgen in October 2014.

Interview

Applied 2 months prior received a phone interview first from recruiter. 2 days later received formal request for interview. Received an agenda for a 4 hour interview. Met with various levels in department and recruiter. Recruiter just sold the perks if working with company. Other interviewees just asked generic questions about my experience and behavioral questions. Was a some what stressful interview process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult employee and how you death with it.   Answer Question

Undergrad Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen.

Interview

2 interviews. One on campus and one superday. The superday included 4 back-to-back 30-minute interviews. One of the individuals was a very technical based interviewer. As long as you know about the industry and had good questions to ask, that made the most difference. Everyone was very nice and easy to joke around with as well.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about accounting and how to value a company. Everything that studying for an IB internship should have taught you   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations for internship

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Amgen has a very good interview process. They are quite detailed in how they set it up and are very accommodating. I had to fly into CA and someone picked me up and took me to the hotel. I then had someone (who Amgen hired) to show me around town so that I can get familiar with the location. During the day of the interview, all the interviewers were in sequential order. I finished the interview and then was dropped back to the airport.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't difficult but the individuals who were asking them weren't as professional as I would have hoped.   1 Answer

Recruitment Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Amgen in August 2014.

Interview

The interviewers didn't ask many questions and it was a very short interview. The interviewers didn't know what to ask and kept asking each other if the other person had any questions. It felt very unprofessional.

M\SR Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amgen (Wakefield, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

Round Robin. A lot of behavioral questions and technical questions. Some asked the same questions. Had to explain a situation that didn't go right and How I went about it.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if someone was doing something wrong.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Phone Screen followed by a face 2 face. Total wait period Interview to job: 3 weeks. Enough time to prepare if required.Freindly folks all around. Great campus. Great atmosphere. Point to point questions about real time scenarios, PM Challenges, Scope Creep situations, Resolving Risks & Issues. Vendor Management, Reporting structures, corporate communication skills etc.

Global Strategic Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

I was initially contacted by the manager that I would be working with via phone interview. After two phone interviews, I was given an offer. The interview process was very informal, but again, this was for an MBA internship. The manager was very nice, wasn't looking to rattle you; just wanted to learn more about my experience and qualifications for the position.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions; mostly questions about my resume and my work experience. Strategic sourcing experience, procurement experience, project management experience was required.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Internship, so there was no negotiations; the only option was the dates and terms of internship; 8 weeks, 10 weeks, or 12 weeks.