Amgen Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amgen in September 2012.

Hiring manager emailed me directly, not HR. Had a few conversations over the phone before being invited for the interview. Interview was 1-1/2 days, and met with 10-15 people. Long interview, but all were very polite, and nobody really tried to test or ask very difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you applying to this job, since your background is much different   View Answer
    They make good offers, and don't negotiate. If you try to come back to get the offer increased, HR just says that the offer is very good, and they can't do any better.

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amgen in February 2014.

First round interview from a non-target school was via Skype. The interviewer was very friendly, and the questions were all behavioral. I was asked about my leadership experience and items on my resume. It was nothing out of the usual, things like "Tell me about yourself", "Time you dealt with conflict", etc. I got the sense though that candidates from non-target schools faced more competition and were less likely to move on to the second round (probably because they will fly you to the main campus if you do).

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed online - interviewed at Amgen in February 2010.

Typical questions mostly about management style

Interview Questions
    • what is the difference between a leader and a manager and which are you.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

interviewed at Amgen in February 2014.

Three 20 minute interviews with managers, lots of just behavioral questions, seeing if you fit in the culture

Interview Questions
    • If you were asked to develop a new manufacturing plant, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Amgen in February 2010.

Two days process. In the first day I got a tour of the area and a dinner with the hiring manager and another group leader. The second day stated at 8AM and ended at 6PM. The day was filed with 30 minutes to 45 minutes succession of interviews with scientists, senior scientists, principal scientist, scientific directors, and one executive director. In between, by the middle of the day and after lunch, I gave a one hour seminar.

Interview Questions
    • One scientific director ran a hypothetical experiment/process and in each step he told me what were the results and I had to respond based on that information. It was like an improvisation.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, I was satisfied with the offer as is however, the offer was made for one level above the position I was interviewed for.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Longmont, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I interviewed online - interviewed at Amgen in May 2010.

I first had a phone interview, then during the panel interview, I had to create an on-the-spot demonstation for a scenario they gave me. In my opinion, this was very effective way to evaluate candidates for this job. I had to then describe and defend what I had created and answer questions about it.

Interview Questions
    • The on-the-spot live demonstration of my skills was definitely unexpected, but it was not difficult for me.   Answer Question
    Just the standard offer phone call and letter.

Associate Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Longmont, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Amgen in May 2012.

Very slow initial interview process, but once I was able to sit down I found my position quickly. The interview was a group interview with the entire team in the lab I'd be working in.

Interview Questions
    Strict, because it was contract.

Oncology Clinical Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amgen in May 2010.

Submitted application online after working with recruiter. Kind of backed into this as I had a personal referral to the hiring manager from a friend we had in common. There were two levels of interviews, first with the Clinical manager/trainer, then with the District Sales Manager. The longest part of the process was waiting for all of the candiadtes to go through the initial screening phases and have final candidates ranked.

Interview Questions
    • These were mostly behavioral questions, some clinical to obtain a sense of my experience and background in oncology nursing. Nothing really difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    I didn't really negotiate, the salary was higher than I had previously and everything else (benefits, etc) was pretty standard.

Finance Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Amgen.

found position through UCLA career site. 1 on-campus interview (behavioral & technical - 1 hour total); 1 on-site interview (total 2 hours with lunch & campus tour). Took about 5 weeks total from resume submission deadline to extension of offer.

Interview Questions
    • If Phil Mickelson is paid $500,000 over 3 years as marketing ambassador, what's journal entry?   Answer Question

DMS Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amgen in October 2012.

I was asked to come in to interview with the manager and another employee in the department. Then I was contacted by the manager a week later that I had received the position. The job was through a temp agency but Amgen was quite responsive. Amgen is a great company to work for!

Interview Questions
    • What was your experience in working in the bio-pharmaceutical industry?   Answer Question