Amgen

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amgen in August 2010.

Interview Details – internal transfer - promotion panel interview followed by a few one on ones, and then a presentation based on technical and personal success stories. Then, was grilled by the audience. very intense.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you vs. the next guy. what are you bringing to the table that we cannot get somewhere else.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very little negotiation possible. it is Amgen

Pharmaceutical Representative - Prolia Interview

Pharmaceutical Representative - Prolia

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amgen in July 2010.

Interview Details – Got called by recruiter after applying for phone interview.

Interview Question – STAR format questions, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate Interview

Senior Research Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amgen.

Interview Details – I got in touch with the position through recruiter. I had a straight forward phone interview. After that I had a full face to face interview with upper management and the entire group.

Interview Question – How do you deal with challenging co-workers.   View Answer

Senior Regional Medical Liaison Interview

Senior Regional Medical Liaison

I applied online and interviewed at Amgen.

Interview Details – CV submission, in person interview, offer all went pretty smoothly and quickly for me. Depends on team. Overall, they really put a lot of emphasis on whether you fit into Amgen's culture. Once they identify that you do, they want you and things move fast.

Interview Question – No unexpected or really difficult questions if you're well prepared. Some typical "scenario" type questions but really they just want to get to know you, what motivates you and how you work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiable. By the time the offer came, it was very fair. My base salary offer was slightly less than what I wanted (but higher than my previous company), but they exceeded expectations for sign on bonus and sign on stock options.

Amgen/Senior Associate Interview

Amgen/Senior Associate
Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Amgen.

Interview Details – It is a long process. It takes time to even get the first call and then when you do expect to interview with anywhere from 5-7 people. Some of those will be panel interviews. Expect behavior based interviewing questions.

The work culture, unfortunately depends on the department. Middle level management needs to be trained more on how to manage people.

Interview Question – These questions aren't necessarily difficult but you will be judged highly on your answer. For example "tell me about a time when you had a conflict with your manager and how it was resolved." Depending on the type of job you are applying for, you might be given a case study.   Answer Question

SDTM Programmer Interview

SDTM Programmer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Amgen.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews. The interviews were sophisticated insofar as the questions were open ended. Therefore, preparing for such an interview solely utilizing rote memory of familiar topics would most likely prove ineffective.

Interview Question – No particularly difficult or trick questions, just an assessment of overall subject matter understanding versus regurgitating technical details from rote memory.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amgen in July 2010.

Interview Details – It was a quick and painless process. The on site one day gauntlet interview is an endurance test, but the people are very nice so it is an enjoyable experience.

Interview Question – If you were deserted on an island what would you bring? Wasn't expecting that one.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Amgen in November 2012.

Interview Details – Quick and painless. Amgen decision managers don't waste time. They come prepared to the interview and respect your time. They know what they want, and they are able to make quick decisions about who they ultimately hire.

Interview Question – Tell us about the greatest achievement in your career? Also, will you be able to be really tough on upper management if you have to be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - a great package.

Bio-pharmaceutical Representative Interview

Bio-pharmaceutical Representative
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amgen in July 2012.

Interview Details – Everything was summed up in 3 Round Interviews. 1st round with 2 district managers. 2nd round with 2 district managers. Final round with regional director and a person from HR. Interviews are similar to all others in any industry. Talk about yourself. Answer behavioral questions, technical questions and whatnot. Follow up was always prompt.

Interview Question – How do you build trust?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Amgen in February 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screening with hiring manager, met for coffee, and he was frank about assessing my "personality" to ensure a good fit. Made a comment about my personal appearance which was strange. I was told I would get a formal interview. Had back to back interviews with senior leadership team.

Interview Question – Business cases were more challenging than anticipated.   Answer Question