Amgen Interview Questions

3.1

Huge Time Committment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen.

It started with a phone interview, then a 5 1/2 hour interview with 10 people. I was required to travel to both offices to meet with these people. Everyone was very friendly and I felt good when I finished the long day. Then......crickets. Never heard another word. I followed-up with the recruiter and was told she would forward my email to the hiring manager. That's the last I ever heard.

Bone Health Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amgen in August 2013.

Phone call to have a brief screening. I was not able to make that work, but was asked in for a face to face interview anyway. There were two district managers. First interview was somewhat conversational with a few "tell me a time when" type of lame questions. Interview with the next DM was entirely conversational. I knew this was a bad sign because she had a huge packet with questions that she was not looking at to conduct the interview. Very nice lady and had a good sense of humor. However, she chewed on her hair (not a typo) after almost every question she asked me. Full on eating her hair. Hard to concentrate with that happening. I also think they had about 12-16 candidates in for the one slot, which seems a little excessive. They could probably trim this down to about 1/3 and save a lot of people a whole lot of time and expense.

Associate Scientist Interview

It started with a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. They then said that they would contact me about and in person interview. They flew me out for the interview and were very gracious and nice. The HR was slow at getting the interview set up and in informing me on the decision for the position.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were easier than expected. Cannot remember specifics.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Amgen.

Involved basic but fundamental questions about chemistry/biochemistry background. They wanted a plan about my future etc, (i.e where do you see yourself 5 years down the line).

Interview Questions
    Very straight-forward. I asked for their offer and sent in my preference and they agreed.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amgen in June 2013.

Phone interview first and then on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • What you will do if you are not agree with your manager or your college?   Answer Question

Senior Manager, IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amgen in June 2013.

The initial recruiter interaction was ok and they right away started jumping into pay scale. That is common these days. Then the phone interview was about 45 minutes. The fun begins. They called me in for an 8 hr interview with 17 people! The whole day was walked around in the gigantic campus and was very well organized.
    Then, Silence.
    Never heard from them again. These people have absolutely no value for people! They won't respond to my emails or phone calls. Its like dealing with a craigslist creep that wants your item and then disappears when you ask for a phone number!

OH! and they want your social security number upfront (mandatory column in online application) and they WANT your online application completed before interviews. I put in a fake number. This is a bad sign and a very bad practice that no company should follow!

Interview Questions
    • Not really that bright people. The most difficult question was.... don't remember any difficult questions.   View Answer

Medical Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amgen.

Outstanding care and efficiency. Very professional. Made me feel welcome and genuinely curious about who I am and what skills I bring to the table.

Interview Questions
    • Probing question about a time when you were placed in a challenging situation at prior position with your back to against the wall. They really want to know what kind of mettle you are made of and if you are the right fit.   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amgen in May 2013.

I was quickly contacted for phone screen with someone in the department after applying. After a 9 minute phone call, I was asked to come in for an interview 2 days later. Interview went well. Met with 10 other people in teams of 2.

Interview Questions
    • What would a previous employer say was one of your weaknesses? Normally this question is you talking about yourself: What is one of your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What is the most difficult thing about being an admin?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amgen in May 2013.

Phone interview, then the manager invites me for on-site interview on the very next day.
    He would like to see how I am doing without time for preparation.

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amgen.

All day interview with many people. An AC took me around from place to place. She was very nice and calmed me a bit since she did some talking about her experience.

Interview Questions
    • Where did I see myself in 5 years, what did I consider my worst faults.   View Answer
    My recruiter suggested that I make a counter offer, which I did. The recruiter mentioned that people work very hard at the company and I should get as much as I could for doing the job.