Amgen Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

3.1

Senior Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen.

Interview

I got in touch with the position through recruiter. I had a straight forward phone interview. After that I had a full face to face interview with upper management and the entire group.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with challenging co-workers.   1 Answer

Senior Regional Medical Liaison Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

CV submission, in person interview, offer all went pretty smoothly and quickly for me. Depends on team. Overall, they really put a lot of emphasis on whether you fit into Amgen's culture. Once they identify that you do, they want you and things move fast.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected or really difficult questions if you're well prepared. Some typical "scenario" type questions but really they just want to get to know you, what motivates you and how you work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiable. By the time the offer came, it was very fair. My base salary offer was slightly less than what I wanted (but higher than my previous company), but they exceeded expectations for sign on bonus and sign on stock options.

Amgen/Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

It is a long process. It takes time to even get the first call and then when you do expect to interview with anywhere from 5-7 people. Some of those will be panel interviews. Expect behavior based interviewing questions.

The work culture, unfortunately depends on the department. Middle level management needs to be trained more on how to manage people.

Interview Questions

• These questions aren't necessarily difficult but you will be judged highly on your answer. For example "tell me about a time when you had a conflict with your manager and how it was resolved." Depending on the type of job you are applying for, you might be given a case study.   Answer Question

SDTM Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Amgen.

Interview

2 Interviews. The interviews were sophisticated insofar as the questions were open ended. Therefore, preparing for such an interview solely utilizing rote memory of familiar topics would most likely prove ineffective.

Interview Questions

• No particularly difficult or trick questions, just an assessment of overall subject matter understanding versus regurgitating technical details from rote memory.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI).

Interview

Round robin interview process but that was several years ago. Only 1 interview but I hear they now do round 2.

You get a tour most of the time

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical questions. Expect questions in regards to operational excellence   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer was great.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

-Panel interview
    -Manager unseasoned, unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Feel that hiring decision was not based on who had the best skill-set for the position.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Phone interview - screening round

Interview Questions

• Everything's pretty standard. Didn't really get grilled.
      Make sure you know why you want to work for Amgen.

Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen (Seattle, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

1.Applied via Amgen website.
    2.Being contacted by hiring manager (Executive director of the Dep.).
    3.Being invited for on-site interview. very intensive 2 days of interview with all people on site and in other location (1:1 meeting) + 1 hr presentation + 1 hr Chalk-talk.
       (I felt format-wise it was very similar to academic interview.)
    4.Another phone call from the head of the dep. for 45 mins of science talk.
    5.The Hiring manager did reference check via direct phone calls (45 mins for each of my reference people: 3 refs).
    6.Being invited for the 2nd on-site interview only with the Executive directors of the Dep. + Head of Dep. Being asked so many tough science questions. The Head tried to evaluate my scientific in-depth knowledge in general.
    7.A recruiter contacted me and background-check initiated
    8.Being offered the position

Interview Questions

• I did not expect 1 hr chalk-talk during interview (topic: design of exp. to find out a drug candidate for a disease). I got informed about the topic a day before afternoon (only had couple of hrs to prepare for it, did my best and tried to enjoy it).   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation required since it was THE BEST I can imagine.

Huge Time Committment Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Longmont, CO).

Interview

It started with a phone interview, then a 5 1/2 hour interview with 10 people. I was required to travel to both offices to meet with these people. Everyone was very friendly and I felt good when I finished the long day. Then......crickets. Never heard another word. I followed-up with the recruiter and was told she would forward my email to the hiring manager. That's the last I ever heard.

Bone Health Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone call to have a brief screening. I was not able to make that work, but was asked in for a face to face interview anyway. There were two district managers. First interview was somewhat conversational with a few "tell me a time when" type of lame questions. Interview with the next DM was entirely conversational. I knew this was a bad sign because she had a huge packet with questions that she was not looking at to conduct the interview. Very nice lady and had a good sense of humor. However, she chewed on her hair (not a typo) after almost every question she asked me. Full on eating her hair. Hard to concentrate with that happening. I also think they had about 12-16 candidates in for the one slot, which seems a little excessive. They could probably trim this down to about 1/3 and save a lot of people a whole lot of time and expense.