Amgen Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

Senior Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. I was then invited to an in person interview. The first was a panel interview, which I felt went extremely well. I was then interviewed by the person who conducted the phone interview, it was pretty much a continuation of the phone interview just in person.

Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amgen (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted application online via the website. Contacted by hiring manager for a phone interview 16 days after the online submission.

1 round of interview, 1-on-1 with hiring manager over the phone within a couple days after being contacted. Decision was rendered the following week.

Was contacted by HR and asked to do a background check, afterwards was given an offer. Post offer details involved drug test and another background check.

Overall, the interview process was very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself?
      Q: Why Amgen?
      Q: How does your background make you a good candidate for this position?
      Q: What are you interested in?
      Q: How much of the summer are you able to commit?

All the questions were very common interview questions.

Answer Question

Grad Intern Interview

Interview

I had two rounds of interview.
    One was on campus, where two representatives came over to my university, this was a behavioral type of interview. Very friendly staff, they make you very comfortable so that you don't panic.
    Next round was a telephonic interview, this wasn't too technical, but they asked me to tell them about the projects i'm working on and the details of that, such as the technology, etc. It was a very interactive conversation that lasted around half an hour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the different scenarios i could land in being in a team project and how would i resolve some issues. There was nothing unexpected in the interviews. A smooth process with a very friendly staff.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application sometime in August 2013, and was caught by surprise when I got a call in February 2014 asking if I was still interested in the position. I said yes, and from there the communication was very timely. I was sent an e-mail to set up interview times, and the recruiter was very accommodating with the schedule. They sent maps and detailed information, and I went in for the interview. I met with the whole team, including a conference call attendee from another office. Everybody was really nice and positive. They asked relevant questions and didn't hold back from asking some challenging ones, but they also didn't ask pointlessly tricky or confrontational questions. I felt like I was being honestly evaluated for my fit with the team and my knowledge of the work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handled a situation where somebody on your team was not doing their share of work. (Follow up: Do you think that was the best way to handle it, and why?)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given a call with an offer. It seemed good so I accepted. I had read on Glassdoor previously that they don't negotiate so I didn't try.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amgen in March 2014.

Interview

Brief interviews with three different people. Not very intense. Basic interview questions. Since project was new I did most of the talking and asked what exactly they needed.

Interview Questions

• Relative experience. Conflict resolution. Deadline and multitasking ability.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

First round interview from a non-target school was via Skype. The interviewer was very friendly, and the questions were all behavioral. I was asked about my leadership experience and items on my resume. It was nothing out of the usual, things like "Tell me about yourself", "Time you dealt with conflict", etc. I got the sense though that candidates from non-target schools faced more competition and were less likely to move on to the second round (probably because they will fly you to the main campus if you do).

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Contacted shortly after I submitted my resume to a recruiting company. I had 1 phone interview that was roughly an hour. I was then invited to a half day interview, where I toured the campus and had 5 one on one interviews that lasted roughly 30-45 minutes each. I was hired one week later, and begin week after that. Over all the process was smooth and efficient

Interview Questions

• I received many technical questions regarding my work with proteins, DNA, etc. I was asked to explain in depth any research projects I have been apart of any publications of which I am a co-author   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wast any negotiation because it was a temp. position, but I was happy with the salary

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Longmont, CO).

Interview

Was contacted by HR representative within 7 days of on-line application. After the HR call, was contacted by hiring manager within 48hrs and chatted for ~45 minutes. After discussion with hiring manager, was invited for on-site interview within 7 days of call. Interview consisted of approximately 10-12 interviewers for 30minutes per interview.Most were in person with a view via video conference as the scheduled interviewers were at another Amgen site. Lunch was on-site at company cafeteria. Pretty long day, but gave me a good feel of the work culture, offices, and personalities.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal what would you choose to be and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Three 20 minute interviews with managers, lots of just behavioral questions, seeing if you fit in the culture

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to develop a new manufacturing plant, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

found position through UCLA career site. 1 on-campus interview (behavioral & technical - 1 hour total); 1 on-site interview (total 2 hours with lunch & campus tour). Took about 5 weeks total from resume submission deadline to extension of offer.

Interview Questions

• If Phil Mickelson is paid $500,000 over 3 years as marketing ambassador, what's journal entry?   Answer Question