Amgen

Updated Dec 3, 2014

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen in August 2010.

internal transfer - promotion panel interview followed by a few one on ones, and then a presentation based on technical and personal success stories. Then, was grilled by the audience. very intense.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you vs. the next guy. what are you bringing to the table that we cannot get somewhere else.   Answer Question
    very little negotiation possible. it is Amgen

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

interviewed at Amgen in July 2012.

1 interview was difficult but was offered job. have been working there since july

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen.

Highly intimidating and challenging process. Most managers know within the first 10 seconds if they will hire you. Allow your communication skills to clarify your expectations and responsibilities. Only contract or temporary positions available at the time. Phone interview then progressed to onsite panel interview, including 1:1 with prospective manager.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions: tell us when you encountered a conflict on a project and explain how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Research Associate In Small Molecule Chemsitry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amgen.

1 full day; 10 hour long interviews and a presentation. They don't this for Bachelor level anymore, only Masters and up. The day was long and dinner provided at the end. THey asked me to stay in a hotel the night before even though I lived in the area. THings have changed though and they are much more careful with the money. I am very happy I got the job and everyoen was extrememly friendly.

Specialist IS Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amgen in March 2010.

Usually interviews consists of multiple interviewers from hiring department and related functions. It's often the case that the business functions that the job will support will also get to interview the candidate. It's usually a half day to full day of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here and in this industry?   View Answer
    Offer can be negotiated with stock grants etc

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Amgen in October 2012.

Process began by being contacted by a principal scientist about scheduling a phone interview. Had phone interview later that day, which was very positive and included a discussion about my current research projects. Then got contacted a month later about scheduling an on-site interview. Flew out the day before, had dinner that night, with interview the next day. Interview consisted of a research presentation (1 hr), followed by a series of 1-1 interviews throughout the day. Really enjoyed the interview process overall. Never felt any tough pressure, it was more just an intense, dynamic discussion of science all day. Interview was very technical, and also included discussion about what life was like at Amgen.

Interview Questions
    • "Walk me through your rationale for the enhanced stereoselectivity in your process with your new set of conditions."   Answer Question
    Call from HR alerting me of an offer. Follow up call from director congratulating me on offer. Thought it over the weekend with another pending offer, then accepted the Amgen offer.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen in February 2014.

Contacted shortly after I submitted my resume to a recruiting company. I had 1 phone interview that was roughly an hour. I was then invited to a half day interview, where I toured the campus and had 5 one on one interviews that lasted roughly 30-45 minutes each. I was hired one week later, and begin week after that. Over all the process was smooth and efficient

Interview Questions
    • I received many technical questions regarding my work with proteins, DNA, etc. I was asked to explain in depth any research projects I have been apart of any publications of which I am a co-author   View Answer
    Wast any negotiation because it was a temp. position, but I was happy with the salary

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amgen in July 2010.

It was a quick and painless process. The on site one day gauntlet interview is an endurance test, but the people are very nice so it is an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you were deserted on an island what would you bring? Wasn't expecting that one.   Answer Question

Amgen/Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amgen.

It is a long process. It takes time to even get the first call and then when you do expect to interview with anywhere from 5-7 people. Some of those will be panel interviews. Expect behavior based interviewing questions.

The work culture, unfortunately depends on the department. Middle level management needs to be trained more on how to manage people.

Interview Questions
    • These questions aren't necessarily difficult but you will be judged highly on your answer. For example "tell me about a time when you had a conflict with your manager and how it was resolved." Depending on the type of job you are applying for, you might be given a case study.   Answer Question

Specialist, Contracts & Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

10+ interviews with all levels of department staff. Mainly behavioral questions, some consulting-style case questions

Interview Questions
    • Pharmaceutical pricing case: we have a product that has been on the market for a couple years, but a competitor is soon coming to market. How should we price our product and why?   Answer Question