Amgen Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jun 18, 2015

Biostatistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Phone interview
    Background: Ph.D candidate in Biostatistics.
    1. 0~15 min. I introduced my clinical trial background, mostly about the clinical trial course project.
    2. 15min ~ 25min. Discussion on programming, mainly SAS.
    3. 25min ~30 min. Interviewees said they cannot hire me since I do not have experiences with SAS MACRO programming. They need someone immediately working on SAS programming.

Senior Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. I was then invited to an in person interview. The first was a panel interview, which I felt went extremely well. I was then interviewed by the person who conducted the phone interview, it was pretty much a continuation of the phone interview just in person.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application sometime in August 2013, and was caught by surprise when I got a call in February 2014 asking if I was still interested in the position. I said yes, and from there the communication was very timely. I was sent an e-mail to set up interview times, and the recruiter was very accommodating with the schedule. They sent maps and detailed information, and I went in for the interview. I met with the whole team, including a conference call attendee from another office. Everybody was really nice and positive. They asked relevant questions and didn't hold back from asking some challenging ones, but they also didn't ask pointlessly tricky or confrontational questions. I felt like I was being honestly evaluated for my fit with the team and my knowledge of the work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handled a situation where somebody on your team was not doing their share of work. (Follow up: Do you think that was the best way to handle it, and why?)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given a call with an offer. It seemed good so I accepted. I had read on Glassdoor previously that they don't negotiate so I didn't try.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Contacted shortly after I submitted my resume to a recruiting company. I had 1 phone interview that was roughly an hour. I was then invited to a half day interview, where I toured the campus and had 5 one on one interviews that lasted roughly 30-45 minutes each. I was hired one week later, and begin week after that. Over all the process was smooth and efficient

Interview Questions

• I received many technical questions regarding my work with proteins, DNA, etc. I was asked to explain in depth any research projects I have been apart of any publications of which I am a co-author   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wast any negotiation because it was a temp. position, but I was happy with the salary

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Three 20 minute interviews with managers, lots of just behavioral questions, seeing if you fit in the culture

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to develop a new manufacturing plant, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Competitive Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interview was scheduled through an external recruiter. Interview happened on time. However, interviewer seemed to be a racist and did not even listen properly due to connectivity issues. Made conclusions based on bits and pieces that were heard on the phone.

Amgen/Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

It is a long process. It takes time to even get the first call and then when you do expect to interview with anywhere from 5-7 people. Some of those will be panel interviews. Expect behavior based interviewing questions.

The work culture, unfortunately depends on the department. Middle level management needs to be trained more on how to manage people.

Interview Questions

• These questions aren't necessarily difficult but you will be judged highly on your answer. For example "tell me about a time when you had a conflict with your manager and how it was resolved." Depending on the type of job you are applying for, you might be given a case study.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

-Panel interview
    -Manager unseasoned, unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Feel that hiring decision was not based on who had the best skill-set for the position.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview first and then on-site interview

Interview Questions

• What you will do if you are not agree with your manager or your college?   Answer Question

Senior Manager, IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

The initial recruiter interaction was ok and they right away started jumping into pay scale. That is common these days. Then the phone interview was about 45 minutes. The fun begins. They called me in for an 8 hr interview with 17 people! The whole day was walked around in the gigantic campus and was very well organized.
    Then, Silence.
    Never heard from them again. These people have absolutely no value for people! They won't respond to my emails or phone calls. Its like dealing with a craigslist creep that wants your item and then disappears when you ask for a phone number!

OH! and they want your social security number upfront (mandatory column in online application) and they WANT your online application completed before interviews. I put in a fake number. This is a bad sign and a very bad practice that no company should follow!

Interview Questions

• Not really that bright people. The most difficult question was.... don't remember any difficult questions.   1 Answer