Amgen

45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager Interview

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amgen in July 2010.

Interview Details – It was a quick and painless process. The on site one day gauntlet interview is an endurance test, but the people are very nice so it is an enjoyable experience.

Interview Question – If you were deserted on an island what would you bring? Wasn't expecting that one.   Answer Question

Graduate Intern Interview

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amgen in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an email from hiring manager to schedule an interview within next couple of days. The phone interview lasted about 30 mins with two interviewers asking most technical question about past experience and current project. Reference were asked and called within one week. Offer was given after another 1-2 weeks after reference call.

Interview Question – No unexpected question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for the pay but start time

Information Systems Business Analyst Intern Interview

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amgen in March 2013.

Interview Details – This was a simple process. Amgen had only one on campus interview, and from there, they hired the best candidates for the positions. This was a basic behavioral interview. They asked about prior work experiences, leadership positions, and any organizations you are a part of on campus. Of course, they asked the typical "Give me a time when..." questions. it was pretty standard, especially if you have had previous interviews.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions. They do ask you about prior technical experiences, for example working with Microsoft Excel, but any college student who has worked with a computer can adequately answer that question. The key for this interview is to be confident throughout the process and to clearly articulate your past experiences. They are looking for people who can clearly relate technical concepts to non-technical people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are offered a certain hourly salary depending what education background is. My year, undergrads received $20/hour, graduate students received $28/hour, and pharma and MBA students received about $35/hour. All are very good salaries, especially due to the fact Amgen pays for living and travel costs while in Thousand Oaks.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Coordinator Interview

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amgen.

Interview Details – -Panel interview
-Manager unseasoned, unprofessional

Interview Question – Feel that hiring decision was not based on who had the best skill-set for the position.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Amgen in August 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview was ok, the actual interview was ok. I was called approx. 2 months later for another phone interview, which was fine. Was asked to come to another in-person interview, I said no. I will not drive 400 miles for more than 1 interview.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   Answer Question

Senior Manager, IT Interview

Senior Manager, IT
Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amgen in June 2013.

Interview Details – The initial recruiter interaction was ok and they right away started jumping into pay scale. That is common these days. Then the phone interview was about 45 minutes. The fun begins. They called me in for an 8 hr interview with 17 people! The whole day was walked around in the gigantic campus and was very well organized.
Then, Silence.
Never heard from them again. These people have absolutely no value for people! They won't respond to my emails or phone calls. Its like dealing with a craigslist creep that wants your item and then disappears when you ask for a phone number!

OH! and they want your social security number upfront (mandatory column in online application) and they WANT your online application completed before interviews. I put in a fake number. This is a bad sign and a very bad practice that no company should follow!

Interview Question – Not really that bright people. The most difficult question was.... don't remember any difficult questions.   View Answer

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amgen in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview first and then on-site interview

Interview Question – What you will do if you are not agree with your manager or your college?   Answer Question

IS Graduate Intern - Business Analyst Interview

UCLA, CA

Interview Details – Basic behavioral interview. I was asked to tell them about myself, my background, my schooling, and my work experience. Then was given two questions:
2. Tell me a time when you had to convince someone/group of people to do something they didn't want to do.

NOTE: if you are offered the position you WILL be required to pass a drug test

Interview Question – 1. Tell me a time when you completed a task that you previously had failed at, and explain why you failed the first time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase because it was an internship. Was notified about a month after the interview that I received the offer

Associate Interview

Associate
Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amgen in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interview with 9 people, director level to associate level. Extensive two day process. One to one iterviews no panels.

Interview Question – Tell me how you work with difficult management?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not any negotiation.

Senior Research Associate Interview

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Amgen.

Interview Details – All day interview with many people. An AC took me around from place to place. She was very nice and calmed me a bit since she did some talking about her experience.

Interview Question – Where did I see myself in 5 years, what did I consider my worst faults.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My recruiter suggested that I make a counter offer, which I did. The recruiter mentioned that people work very hard at the company and I should get as much as I could for doing the job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amgen