Amgen Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 22, 2015

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

-Panel interview -Manager unseasoned, unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Feel that hiring decision was not based on who had the best skill-set for the position.   Answer Question

Senior Manager, IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

The initial recruiter interaction was ok and they right away started jumping into pay scale. That is common these days. Then the phone interview was about 45 minutes. The fun begins. They called me in for an 8 hr interview with 17 people! The whole day was walked around in the gigantic campus and was very well organized. Then, Silence. Never heard from them again. These people have absolutely no value for people! They won't respond to my emails or phone calls. Its like dealing with a craigslist creep that wants your item and then disappears when you ask for a phone number! OH! and they want your social security number upfront (mandatory column in online application) and they WANT your online application completed before interviews. I put in a fake number. This is a bad sign and a very bad practice that no company should follow!

Interview Questions

• Not really that bright people. The most difficult question was.... don't remember any difficult questions.   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview first and then on-site interview

Interview Questions

• What you will do if you are not agree with your manager or your college?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, then the manager invites me for on-site interview on the very next day. He would like to see how I am doing without time for preparation.

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

All day interview with many people. An AC took me around from place to place. She was very nice and calmed me a bit since she did some talking about her experience.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in 5 years, what did I consider my worst faults.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My recruiter suggested that I make a counter offer, which I did. The recruiter mentioned that people work very hard at the company and I should get as much as I could for doing the job.

Specialist, Contracts & Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Interview

10+ interviews with all levels of department staff. Mainly behavioral questions, some consulting-style case questions

Interview Questions

• Pharmaceutical pricing case: we have a product that has been on the market for a couple years, but a competitor is soon coming to market. How should we price our product and why?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Efficient and fast

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would work productively across various functions   Answer Question

Negotiation

A somewhat higher salary but the whole package was very good.

IS Graduate Intern - Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UCLA, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (UCLA, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Basic behavioral interview. I was asked to tell them about myself, my background, my schooling, and my work experience. Then was given two questions: 1. Tell me a time when you completed a task that you previously had failed at, and explain why you failed the first time? 2. Tell me a time when you had to convince someone/group of people to do something they didn't want to do. NOTE: if you are offered the position you WILL be required to pass a drug test

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a time when you completed a task that you previously had failed at, and explain why you failed the first time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase because it was an internship. Was notified about a month after the interview that I received the offer

Statistical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Self introduction ----> Talk about projects mentioned on resume.

Information Systems Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

This was a simple process. Amgen had only one on campus interview, and from there, they hired the best candidates for the positions. This was a basic behavioral interview. They asked about prior work experiences, leadership positions, and any organizations you are a part of on campus. Of course, they asked the typical "Give me a time when..." questions. it was pretty standard, especially if you have had previous interviews.

Interview Questions

• There were no technical questions. They do ask you about prior technical experiences, for example working with Microsoft Excel, but any college student who has worked with a computer can adequately answer that question. The key for this interview is to be confident throughout the process and to clearly articulate your past experiences. They are looking for people who can clearly relate technical concepts to non-technical people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are offered a certain hourly salary depending what education background is. My year, undergrads received $20/hour, graduate students received $28/hour, and pharma and MBA students received about $35/hour. All are very good salaries, especially due to the fact Amgen pays for living and travel costs while in Thousand Oaks.