Amgen Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 20, 2014

53 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Amgen in November 2012.

Quick and painless. Amgen decision managers don't waste time. They come prepared to the interview and respect your time. They know what they want, and they are able to make quick decisions about who they ultimately hire.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about the greatest achievement in your career? Also, will you be able to be really tough on upper management if you have to be?   View Answer
    No negotiation - a great package.

DMS Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amgen in October 2012.

I was asked to come in to interview with the manager and another employee in the department. Then I was contacted by the manager a week later that I had received the position. The job was through a temp agency but Amgen was quite responsive. Amgen is a great company to work for!

Interview Questions
    • What was your experience in working in the bio-pharmaceutical industry?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Amgen in October 2012.

Process began by being contacted by a principal scientist about scheduling a phone interview. Had phone interview later that day, which was very positive and included a discussion about my current research projects. Then got contacted a month later about scheduling an on-site interview. Flew out the day before, had dinner that night, with interview the next day. Interview consisted of a research presentation (1 hr), followed by a series of 1-1 interviews throughout the day. Really enjoyed the interview process overall. Never felt any tough pressure, it was more just an intense, dynamic discussion of science all day. Interview was very technical, and also included discussion about what life was like at Amgen.

Interview Questions
    • "Walk me through your rationale for the enhanced stereoselectivity in your process with your new set of conditions."   Answer Question
    Call from HR alerting me of an offer. Follow up call from director congratulating me on offer. Thought it over the weekend with another pending offer, then accepted the Amgen offer.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amgen in September 2012.

Hiring manager emailed me directly, not HR. Had a few conversations over the phone before being invited for the interview. Interview was 1-1/2 days, and met with 10-15 people. Long interview, but all were very polite, and nobody really tried to test or ask very difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you applying to this job, since your background is much different   View Answer
    They make good offers, and don't negotiate. If you try to come back to get the offer increased, HR just says that the offer is very good, and they can't do any better.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Amgen in August 2012.

Phone interview was ok, the actual interview was ok. I was called approx. 2 months later for another phone interview, which was fine. Was asked to come to another in-person interview, I said no. I will not drive 400 miles for more than 1 interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

interviewed at Amgen in July 2012.

1 interview was difficult but was offered job. have been working there since july

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Amgen in April 2012.

It was brutal, the interviews lasted a whole day on a Friday from 8:30 AM to 6 PM, followed by 3 other interviews on Monday. Total about 23 people interviewed me, at the end I did get the job, and accepted

Interview Questions
    Fair offer was made, no need to negotiate

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Amgen in March 2012.

It was only one interview to secure the job. I was interviewed by two senior staffs. The interviewed consisted of behavioral questions combined with a bit knowledge of project management experience. There are some case studies but it's not a big deal since it seemed they just want to test our logical thinking. One thing for sure: they scrutinized your resume and kept digging the information on that. Don't forget to learn about Amgen and its recent news in advance as it would make you stand out compare to other candidates.

Graduate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amgen in March 2012.

Applied online and got an email from hiring manager to schedule an interview within next couple of days. The phone interview lasted about 30 mins with two interviewers asking most technical question about past experience and current project. Reference were asked and called within one week. Offer was given after another 1-2 weeks after reference call.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for the pay but start time

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amgen in February 2012.

Started with an on campus interview that was broken up into 2 30min interviews. It was 50% behavioral and 50% technical. Was then invited to interview at the site where I had 4 interviews that were 30min each. These were mostly behavioral questions and required a lot more of you asking them questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between chash and accrual based accounting?   Answer Question