Amgen

Updated Oct 4, 2014
Updated Oct 4, 2014

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amgen in June 2013.

Phone interview first and then on-site interview

Interview Questions
  • What you will do if you are not agree with your manager or your college?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amgen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Amgen in October 2012.

Process began by being contacted by a principal scientist about scheduling a phone interview. Had phone interview later that day, which was very positive and included a discussion about my current research projects. Then got contacted a month later about scheduling an on-site interview. Flew out the day before, had dinner that night, with interview the next day. Interview consisted of a research presentation (1 hr), followed by a series of 1-1 interviews throughout the day. Really enjoyed the interview process overall. Never felt any tough pressure, it was more just an intense, dynamic discussion of science all day. Interview was very technical, and also included discussion about what life was like at Amgen.

Interview Questions
    • "Walk me through your rationale for the enhanced stereoselectivity in your process with your new set of conditions."   Answer Question
    Call from HR alerting me of an offer. Follow up call from director congratulating me on offer. Thought it over the weekend with another pending offer, then accepted the Amgen offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amgen in April 2011.

I had a phone interview first, which was followed about 7-10 days later with an offer to come visit Thousand Oaks. I gave a seminar and interviewed all day. Everyone I spoke with was very positive, but I did get asked a lot of tough questions. About 10 days after interviewing I received an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • If I called your boss right now and asked him what is an area that you could improve on, what would he say?   Answer Question
    The offer was more than I expected so no negotiation was necessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amgen in April 2011.

phone interview by the hiring manager first, and after a week I was informed for on-site interview
    on-site interview, I need to give a 45 min presentation. 1:1 interview with many scientists. the final interview was with the hiring manager. the hiring manager was nice in the morning to me, but after my presentation, which I think I did a good job with, she became not that nice. At that time I already felt my chance to get the offer was slim. Now I realized she would like me to talk about my PhD work, not my postdoc research.
    Anyway, good experience although I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions
    • mainly technical questions. for example, why do you choose a kinase, which have broad range of functions, as you drug screening target?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amgen in May 2010.

The interview usually take a full day. If you can do a presentation, it would be help. You will meet the hire manager and directors. You also will be able to meet few associate level people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amgen in January 2010.

Straightforward, single site visit, no real phone interview. Gave lecture and then met for 1-1 interviews. End of day was dinner and tour and offer went out 2 weeks later

Interview Questions
    • No challenging questions at all. Mostly technical conversations about my scientific lecture   Answer Question
    Would not negotiate. Offer stood as is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Amgen in February 2009.

First present my research presentation for 45 min, then take questions and answer for 10-15 min.
    Personal (1:1) interview with about 8 scientists, and finally talk with vice president. In the meantime,
    you will also talk with HR regarding general benefits. You will also have a lunch and dinner with 2-3
    scientists.