Amgen

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amgen in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview usually take a full day. If you can do a presentation, it would be help. You will meet the hire manager and directors. You also will be able to meet few associate level people.

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Amgen in October 2012.

Interview Details – Process began by being contacted by a principal scientist about scheduling a phone interview. Had phone interview later that day, which was very positive and included a discussion about my current research projects. Then got contacted a month later about scheduling an on-site interview. Flew out the day before, had dinner that night, with interview the next day. Interview consisted of a research presentation (1 hr), followed by a series of 1-1 interviews throughout the day. Really enjoyed the interview process overall. Never felt any tough pressure, it was more just an intense, dynamic discussion of science all day. Interview was very technical, and also included discussion about what life was like at Amgen.

Interview Question – "Walk me through your rationale for the enhanced stereoselectivity in your process with your new set of conditions."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Call from HR alerting me of an offer. Follow up call from director congratulating me on offer. Thought it over the weekend with another pending offer, then accepted the Amgen offer.

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amgen in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview first and then on-site interview

Interview Question – What you will do if you are not agree with your manager or your college?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amgen in April 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview by the hiring manager first, and after a week I was informed for on-site interview
on-site interview, I need to give a 45 min presentation. 1:1 interview with many scientists. the final interview was with the hiring manager. the hiring manager was nice in the morning to me, but after my presentation, which I think I did a good job with, she became not that nice. At that time I already felt my chance to get the offer was slim. Now I realized she would like me to talk about my PhD work, not my postdoc research.
Anyway, good experience although I didn't get the offer.

Interview Question – mainly technical questions. for example, why do you choose a kinase, which have broad range of functions, as you drug screening target?   Answer Question

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Amgen in April 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview first, which was followed about 7-10 days later with an offer to come visit Thousand Oaks. I gave a seminar and interviewed all day. Everyone I spoke with was very positive, but I did get asked a lot of tough questions. About 10 days after interviewing I received an offer and accepted.

Interview Question – If I called your boss right now and asked him what is an area that you could improve on, what would he say?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was more than I expected so no negotiation was necessary.

Thousand Oaks, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Amgen in February 2009.

Interview Details – First present my research presentation for 45 min, then take questions and answer for 10-15 min.
Personal (1:1) interview with about 8 scientists, and finally talk with vice president. In the meantime,
you will also talk with HR regarding general benefits. You will also have a lunch and dinner with 2-3
scientists.

Interview Question – any teamwork oriented success experience?   Answer Question

Worked for Amgen? Contribute to the Community!