Amgen

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amgen in September 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring manager emailed me directly, not HR. Had a few conversations over the phone before being invited for the interview. Interview was 1-1/2 days, and met with 10-15 people. Long interview, but all were very polite, and nobody really tried to test or ask very difficult questions.

Interview Question – Why are you applying to this job, since your background is much different   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They make good offers, and don't negotiate. If you try to come back to get the offer increased, HR just says that the offer is very good, and they can't do any better.

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amgen in July 2010.

Interview Details – It was a quick and painless process. The on site one day gauntlet interview is an endurance test, but the people are very nice so it is an enjoyable experience.

Interview Question – If you were deserted on an island what would you bring? Wasn't expecting that one.   Answer Question

Senior Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amgen in February 2009.

Interview Details – typically a full day of interviews with 7 to 8 people. Tiring by end of day. Feels like they want people who are already doing the job and are willing to take a lateral. They were not very receptive to people who wanted to "stretch" into a new grade level. Highly matrixed company so lots of different functions were involved in the interviews.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you vs. promote from within?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – almost no negotiation. was told to take it or leave it.

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Amgen in April 2012.

Interview Details – It was brutal, the interviews lasted a whole day on a Friday from 8:30 AM to 6 PM, followed by 3 other interviews on Monday. Total about 23 people interviewed me, at the end I did get the job, and accepted

Interview Question – How do you think you can contribute to Amgen   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair offer was made, no need to negotiate

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amgen

Worked for Amgen? Contribute to the Community!

Amgen Videos

Amgen – Why Work for Us?

Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amgen Senior Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amgen employees and interview candidates.