Amgen

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Research Scientist II Interview

Senior Research Scientist II
Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Amgen in February 2009.

Interview Details – My job was in therapeutic area. I knew the hiring manager from graduate school. He was collaborating with my phd advisor. He knew that I was looking for a job, and I spoke with him. It all seemed good. I was invited to give a talk. Then a second interview with more people. Then an offer was extended quickly.

Interview Question – not that I remember. It went smoothly. But a senior person asked me if I 'd prefer to be in technology or in biology of disease.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate much at all.

Senior Research Scientist II Interview

Senior Research Scientist II
Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Amgen in February 2011.

Interview Details – I have interviewed for 4 positions already but no offer, I have developed a sense that Amgen Hiring managers/managers just can not recognize talent, or are threatened by one, and that is why overall the company is not developing new drug but rather making the same drug work for different indication.

Interview Question – why did you leave your company   Answer Question

Worked for Amgen? Contribute to the Community!