Amgen

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Research Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amgen in February 2011.

I have interviewed for 4 positions already but no offer, I have developed a sense that Amgen Hiring managers/managers just can not recognize talent, or are threatened by one, and that is why overall the company is not developing new drug but rather making the same drug work for different indication.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amgen

Senior Research Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amgen in February 2009.

My job was in therapeutic area. I knew the hiring manager from graduate school. He was collaborating with my phd advisor. He knew that I was looking for a job, and I spoke with him. It all seemed good. I was invited to give a talk. Then a second interview with more people. Then an offer was extended quickly.

Interview Questions
    • not that I remember. It went smoothly. But a senior person asked me if I 'd prefer to be in technology or in biology of disease.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate much at all.